Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7708
    Seems I default to American spelling these days, got it in 4 and didn't notice it was American...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Seems I default to American spelling these days, got it in 4 and didn't notice it was American...
    First time I failed to get it today. Probably because of that. At least that's my excuse.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    In 3!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Hmm. I wouldn't have got it without the American spelling clue. In 5 today.
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Bloody Yanks! I had 3 letters on my second line but took all 6 to get the answer cos of the stupid spelling.
  • In two, yesterday’s was four. The hint about the spelling helped. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    edited January 2022
    4 again for me today - the US spelling tip helped hugely, I'd certainly not have done it in 4 without that tip.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • DCS222DCS222 Frets: 45
    Got it in 3, but was lucky on the second guess getting the 2 end letters adding to the 2 (yellow) vowels in my first guess, kinda obvious after that. I never come on these threads before doing it, as I don’t like hints or spoilers, I’d rather get it wrong. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    in 3 boom!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    B*gg*r. Shouldn't have logged in here first to see the clue about US spelling.

Deliberately didn't go for the obvious 5-letter choice, and got it in one. 
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Foreign spelling? I twigged and passed but, really. I mean. Come on.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • My mrs got one in 2 guesses yesterday. I don't know what "it" is or what "wordle" is but she told me and I saw this thread.
  • I twigged the American spelling eventually but still got it wrong because by the time I'd worked it out, I only had one option left.

Not sure why the chap who created it uses American spelling, though, cos he's Welsh!
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.
    I twigged the American spelling eventually but still got it wrong because by the time I'd worked it out, I only had one option left.

Not sure why the chap who created it uses American spelling, though, cos he's Welsh!
    Presumably these foul variant spellings are more prevalent worldwide.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • I think he's playing with us - it does seem like he's choosing words that are less likely to include common "starter word" letters. 

Of course, this could just be me being paranoid, and the words are randomly chosen from an open source dictionary that just happens to be US English. 
    ^ If the words are plucked at random, then we should expect to see a lot of quite unusual words. That said, the 5-letter requirement keeps things at the simpler end of the vocab scale.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    goldtop said:
    That said, the 5-letter requirement keeps things at the simpler end of the vocab scale.
    See what you did there
    ;)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DCS222DCS222 Frets: 45
    Is that a message @JerkMoans=)
  • 4 again today. Wouldn't have got it without the Americanism hint though.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4110
    Caught out by American illiteracy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Bloody hell. Took me six today. I took nearly 15 mins staring at the last line and the unused letters before I got it.
    edited January 2022
    Wordle 208 2/6

oh the little square thing doesn't work here, that's a shame

in 2 today, pretty good for me!

• Tough one today.  Got it in 5.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    There's a whole lot of pot luck involved in the first guess that obviously determines how easy the next guess is.   There's no way of knowing if it's Ships or Shims or Shins unless you have played those letters in earlier guesses.

Mostly I have been solving in 4ish, a few in 3 and a couple in 6.  

anyone had 'pure wordle' yet?
    where you guess it in one?
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260
    Bloody hell. Took me six today. I took nearly 15 mins staring at the last line and the unused letters before I got it.
    Haha me too! Just couldn't see it.
    tony99 said:
    anyone had 'pure wordle' yet?
    where you guess it in one?
    Yesterday - but only because I (stupidly) checked this thread before playing and saw the US-spelling clue. I immediately thought of 'color', but then decided it was too obvious.

Swings and roundabouts: today took 6 guesses. Also the first time I really thought about repeating a letter that was already valid.

• goldtop said:

Also the first time I really thought about repeating a letter that was already valid.

Took me 4 today, but yeah I wasn't expecting repeating letters to be a thing either,, doh!
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    Tricky today, but got it in 5