Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4110
    Got it in 4. Silly!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    New one done in 3, at midnight, while feeling grotty. Happy with that
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • In 2
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 430
    In 1.
  • DCS222DCS222 Frets: 45
  • westfordwestford Frets: 514
    3 today
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    I’ve a standard technique now , use 2 words with all different letters and 2 vowels in each for the first 2 rows. If necessary have a 3rd word all with different letters to the first 10 and the other vowel.

any other techniques ?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    ABCDE
    FGHIJ
    KLMNO
    PQRST
    UVWXY

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Didn't get there today :( 

First one missed since I started.

sev112 said:
    I’ve a standard technique now , use 2 words with all different letters and 2 vowels in each for the first 2 rows. If necessary have a 3rd word all with different letters to the first 10 and the other vowel.

any other techniques ?
    That's how I've been starting - naive and routs to cover all vowels and some common consonents. Doesn't always work though..
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • In 3 today.
  • springheadspringhead Frets: 1522
    In 2 today. Disappointing really, got lucky with my first word.  I wanted a longer lasting challenge now I’ve got to wait till tomorrow!
  • DCS222DCS222 Frets: 45
    I thought I had it in three, but it ended up a 6  :s
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    In three
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7086
    edited January 2022
    sev112 said:

any other techniques ?

I use TRAIN, CLOSE and if necessary, DUMPY
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    Paul_C said:
    sev112 said:

any other techniques ?

I use TRAIN, CLOSE and if necessary, DUMPY
    That worked really well today; got it in 3 - disclaimer I’d tried it with my method earlier (but forgot the answer) which is to start with TONES  and use the matching letters from there and it took me 6 attempts. 

But it hinges on how good the first guess (and it is a guess, albeit educated if you use the most common letters) is. 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    If you fancy playing more than once per day….

http://foldr.moe/hello-wordl/#
    mrkb said:
    ABCDE
    FGHIJ
    KLMNO
    PQRST
    UVWXY

Nice logic but the websites only accept actual words, which is helpful if you  are as appalling at typing as I am 

I’m currently using 
    CABLE then SOUTH, then if I’m struggling at that point PINKY
    Don’t be afraid on the 4th row, to use a completely different word to what the clues are suggesting so that you can bring in other potential letters 
  • I have up on yesterday's after three goes as I knew my 4th go would be wrong, and I felt there's no point carrying on past 4 goes really.

However today I'd got four greens after my second go and it still took me five to get the word! I carried on after the 4th because i was so close
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    Why wouldn't you carry on past 4?
  • Oh, because I got the last couple in 4 so my will power doesn't stretch past that number!
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 423
    LOGIC, TRUMP, and SNEAK are my 3 starter words to fill out as much as possible, if in doubt 
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4110
    Strangely, CUNTS is not accepted.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1726
    For those of you who would like a four letter word version:

https://sweardle.glitch.me/
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    Frustrating when it is just luck that defeats you
    4 GRATE
    5 GRADE
    6 GRAZE
    Answer GRAVE
  • oh_pollooh_pollo Frets: 742
    I like to think there's a certain poetry in my attempt a few days ago.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 430
    Got it on 3 today....
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 606
    Managed to get Crank in 2 yesterday which I was chuffed with as only had the A correct from first go and other 4 all grey.. pot luck though on that one really
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • yockyyocky Frets: 744
    edited January 2022
    Oops... 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    ^^^ yup, let's give the answer away here @yocky ;

Today's the first time I've seen that "feature" in the word.  Took me an extra go to get it.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.