Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Wordle? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Wordle?

What's Hot

Comments

• GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2493
    edited January 2022
    Wordle 200 4/6

⬛⬛⬛

Ah, that doesn't work here.

Yes, very good of him to ration us to one a day. I do have a life I'm supposed to attend to. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    yes I got today's in five!!
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Today in 3 , woo hoo :) 
    do wish there were more
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    3 today - I think there has to be an element of luck in your first guess.
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    I got today's first try. No idea how. Just got lucky I guess. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    3 for me. Gets you thinking!
  • AlbertCAlbertC Frets: 855
    Just got lucky I guess. 
    I'll say..
    ...from a quick Google there're somewhere between 5,000 - 10,000 five letter English words

Maybe you should buy a lottery ticket....on the other hand, maybe that's all your luck used up for the year so don't go out
  • I'm very consistent, got it in four again today
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    Chris.B said:
    3 today - I think there has to be an element of luck in your first guess.
    I had only one yellow (no greens) in my first guess today, second much better and had the answer in three. 
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    life is just something that I have to put up with now while I wait for a wordle
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    Well, I bit.  First time today, got it on my 6th try.

Thank Crom there's only 1 'go' a day...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • tony99 said:
    life is just something that I have to put up with now while I wait for a wordle
    I think John Lennon said that
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    I got today's first try. No idea how. Just got lucky I guess. 
    er ... your second sentence, you do know how - you said it in your third sentence. 

• MrTeeMrTee Frets: 423
    I got it in two. Randomly, the correct word was my first guess yesterday! 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DCS222DCS222 Frets: 45
    In three, but the way I play makes it that I can’t better that unless I guess it first go
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 6565
    tFB Trader
    ? or you guess it second go?
  • westfordwestford Frets: 514
    Did it in 5 yesterday, and got today’s in 2.
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 335
    Got it in 4 again today. Started with ‘splat’ from the dick splat thread  =)
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4110
    edited January 2022
    Got it in 3! Grrr!
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6199
    Philtre said:
    Got it in 3! Grrr!
    That's grrrrrrreat! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 423
    edited January 2022
    ? or you guess it second go?
    I put one word in, then another that uses totally different letters to get a better chance of getting a load of letters revealed. I suppose if my first word was close enough, I could guess it in the second go… I’d have to be pretty spawny though.  ;)
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 430
    Philtre said:
    Got it in 3! Grrr!
    Go on, Tiger!
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Today's took me 5 goes. 

Double use of a letter took me a while to work out..

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    MrTee said:
    Oh god. I don't actually need this in my life. Please!!
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • MrTee said:
    Omgg that’s the jobs around the house to do list down the drain.
    Three again today… took a bit of thinking about though 
  • In 4 again. I was really confident with my number 3 guess as well but that confidence was dashed
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    4 today, but I did wander off to think about it for a while. 

@thecolourbox I too was confident with guess No 3.  Then had to ponder the lack of available vowels 

@stickyfiddle Thanks for introducing us to this daily puzzle - I love the Mastermind game nostalgia. 
  • donbotdonbot Frets: 335
    Terrible today. 6 goes. Thought I nailed it on 5 but had to change the initial letter. Bugger  :s