Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Who's gigging tonight? - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Exactly!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Wedding gig at Blenheim Palace tonight! I suspect it's not actually in the palace, mind

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    edited March 2014
    We're at The Snooty Fox in Wakefield tonight. Always love playing there, great vibe (decent PA too, which always helps).

First pint's on me for any forumites who turn up...
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    bigjon said:
    Ah cheers for the alert. The children don't usually walk that far unless it involves a significant bribe, but I'll see what can be done.

Hey thanks @bigjon for your help today, we actually couldn't have done it without you!
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    No worries! Here's a pic of viz suffering for his art
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited March 2014
    bigjon said:
    No worries! Here's a pic of viz suffering for his art

lol :) twas indeed hot!
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    Tonight we're playing in Evesham at a place called the Iron Road. It'll be our 19th gig in the place - It used to be the Railway Inn before it was sold to Chinese drug lords who turned it into a weed factory, now it's been bought by music lovers which is nice.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2725
    FIrst gig in a few weeks and can't wait...   At the Royal Charter in Hull tonight :)
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    ....Way on down south, way on down south London town...

The Bricklayers Arms
    189 Dartmouth Rd
    Sydenham
    South London (where the streets might as well all be painted pink cos I will surely get lost never having been sarf of the river before)
    SE26 4QY

9pm ish I guess

@Axe_meister ; this is your neck of the woods I believe...
  • FezFez Frets: 472
    Not tonight Josephine but tomorrow afternoon at the Goffs Park Social Club Crawley Alzheimer's Society benefit gig.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7159
    I are gigging tonight in Southampton at the Firehouse. We're trying a rather ambitious  song that we haven't managed to pull off properly in rehearsal yet....eep.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    Doing a birthday party in Rugeley Staffs tonight. We're putting in a couple of newies in - Pump it Up and Riverboat Song.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Playing at the Mandeville arms in Hardington Mandeville tonight, not far from Yeovil.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MonkeyboneMonkeybone Frets: 259
    Playing my first ever solo acoustic gig tonight, Uncle Tom's Cabin in Wincanton. Slightly nervous would be an understatement. Better make sure I have spare batteries for the looper...

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• Playing my first ever solo acoustic gig tonight, Uncle Tom's Cabin in Wincanton. Slightly nervous would be an understatement. Better make sure I have spare batteries for the looper...

Ah just up from my old guitar shop! Have a good one, they like the cider there mind !
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JMP220478JMP220478 Frets: 414
    I'm in London this weekend anyone gigging ?
    Note to self - Play more sing-along type songs.

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    edited April 2014
    mudslide73;209570" said:
    Doing a birthday party in Rugeley Staffs tonight. We're putting in a couple of newies in - Pump it Up and Riverboat Song.
    Didn't get on until late due to Mway clag ups so we binned the two newies. Much teenage drama at the birthday party too... made me pine for my lost youth ;)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1513
    Camberley tonight... doing a charity gig with all proceeds going to Mencap. It's at the Camberley Working Mens club from 8pm if you can make it. Playing crowd-pleasing covers from 50's to modern day!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3631
    Gigging for the first time since January tonight at The Fingerpost in Stockport. It's an odd place as the crowd seems to like listening to the bands from another room which is a bit disconcerting when you appear to be playing to no one. Maybe it's just us? We keep getting invited back and getting paid for it though...Five new covers to try out tonight.
  • Half hour set for a charity gig. We're sharing back line so no need to bring my gear. Just arrived to find behringer bass amp that's farting out at bedroom volumes. Pa is a wharfedale.
    Only the first band gets a sound check and they've lost their drummer. It's running late before its even started.

Happy joy.
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
  • Half hour set for a charity gig. We're sharing back line so no need to bring my gear. Just arrived to find behringer bass amp that's farting out at bedroom volumes. Pa is a wharfedale.
    Only the first band gets a sound check and they've lost their drummer. It's running late before its even started.

Happy joy.

I always take my own gear, even if I am not expected to, be ready.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    We have had the people listening from other rooms thing in some places round Sussex 'n Surrey. It's a long time since I played a gig in Stockport does Boars Head in the Market still have bands on? I heard the Bakers Vaults closed, I spent some happy hours in there.

Don't touch that dial.
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3631
    Fez said:
    We have had the people listening from other rooms thing in some places round Sussex 'n Surrey. It's a long time since I played a gig in Stockport does Boars Head in the Market still have bands on? I heard the Bakers Vaults closed, I spent some happy hours in there.

Don't think the Board Head has live music any more. The Bakers always had a brilliant crowd and we did some of out best gigs there. It was really the only place in Stockport where you didn't need to bring your own PA. It will be sadly missed.

Last night was surprising. It was a great crowd and very appreciative. There was a hen party in which livened things up even more. We got a bonus cat fight in the car park when we were loading out which rounded the night off nicely.
    This Sunday afternoon with the Jon Kingsman Band Acoustic, 4pm-6pm at the Three Horseshoes in Houghton, Cambs. Me on vox & acoustic guitar, plus a bassist and percussionist. No idea what the audience will be like so I've gone for a bit of everything setlist from classic 60s pop through 80s cheese to a soupcon of jazz and the odd current-ish hit.
  • Got a wedding up in Bath, but keyboard player has just said he's on holiday and didn't know about it! Despite email replies to the contrary received from him. F#### annoyed. Need a boogie woogie pianist by Saturday!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Happy joy.

I always take my own gear, even if I am not expected to, be ready.
    I had a preamp/DI with me in case. 
    In the end it turned out to be the built in compressor that was doing "odd things". Turned that off and the gain down and a bit of judicious EQ'ing and I got a passable sound out of it. 

It turmed into a cracking gig and was a lot of fun. 
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
    Crimson On Silver, playing The Choughs in Chard tonight.

Kone had similar things with my guys despite repeated exhortations to email me with any unavailability. So no singer this weekend, so we are going out as The Warrior Clowns instead of Borrowed Time with Rubberneck at the Windmill in Gossops Green Crawley on Saturday night.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1189
    Not tonight but Saturday's a double-header for Solar9 with a 40 minute set for a charity do at The White Horse in Maldon followed by a proper paying gig at The New Welcome Sailor just down the road in Burnham with a sort pause for chinese food in between...

Yay! I haz band again :-)

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...