Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Who's gigging tonight? - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    dogload said:

Went down well the last time we played there, so fingers crossed...
    After the gig the manager came over to me and told me that he thought we were a good band but the material wasn't what he wanted... it's basically the same set we played last time. 
    Oh well, guess we'll not be asked back!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Friday night at the Fleur De Lys Stoke sub Hamden near Yeovil. Saturday night Pilton WMC near Shepton Mallet, hopefully playing to Michael Eavis again. Stayed the whole night to watch us last time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • My band, Crimson on Silver, are playing tonight (2nd Nov) at The Mermaid in Yeovil.

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FezFez Frets: 472
    Yoevil seems to be pretty active at the moment.
    Don't touch that dial.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2725
    I forgot to mention (luckily I remembered to turn up) to last night gig in Cottingham.

I'm in Beverley at the Sun Inn playing silly rock probably dressed in something very silly :)
    Oh poo our Sunday afternoon gig just got pulled by the venue. Never mind though we have been offered another in Crawley on the 30th.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    edited November 2013
    I'm depping on bass for Cairo East (Madness Tribute band) on Thursday 14th November at The Alleycat, Denmark St,  along with a couple of other bands
    http://www.alleycatbar.co.uk/events/jb-tbc-2/

This was a corker of a gig and I had a lot of fun!

I can recommend this Soho basement venue for small bands, jazzers, acoustic, solo acts and it's fairly small, small stage etc but they provide a lined out real piano, Peavey Bandit , Ashdown bass amp, drum kit (take your own cymbals and snare) and PA. There was 7 of us and it still worked! It's more or less below Regent Guitars
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Did my favourite gig of the year tonight Bradford on Avon Fireworks  put gear up blast out their CD for twenty minutes whilst fireworks go bang  go home with wedge
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    Last night we played our northernmost gig to date up in Burnley supporting a band called Exit State. It was good fun, reasonable turnout of unfamiliar faces which is exactly what we want in a gig!

Didn't get back home 'til 3:50am then had to load in, so I've only just got up. Tonight we're in Long Eaton near Nottingham supporting a band we're good mates with. Should be more fun that work tomorrow morning!
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Where in Long Eaton are you playing?
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • skayskay Frets: 383

My Britpop covers band Parklife are playing at the British Legion in Gt Wakering Southend tonight (10th Nov), being rememberence Sunday and all that, along with the Yester'ukes for all your 1920's and 30's ukulele hits needs.

After that, if you want to hear a tweed deluxe amp being throttled to an inch of its life playing some Stone Roses, Oasis and Supergrass then come down and check us out at 10pm, free entry!

Being a British legion, the bar prices are like a time warp back to the 90's as well :-D

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• CirrusCirrus Frets: 8281
    Roland said:
    It was the Sportsman, had a great night! I got to turn my ac30 up
    %-( >:D<
  • Roland;78833" said:
    I used to sell socks on Long Eaton market. Happy days
    :)
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • Crimson on Silver are playing tonight at the turning on of the Christmas lights in Yeovil, 5:45 in The Quedam.

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    Leytonstone! rock 'n' roll capital of the world!

E11 4JU

Plough & Harrow.  (which I first played, oh man, 32 years ago). 

Tonight, Sat 16 Nov 2013,  about 9ish I guess.

I don't think we've got anyone here in the area so I'm posting this in the hope rather than the belief there will be anyone there, haha!
  • Just got home from a good gig at the Dugdale Arms in Burnley. 1st after a 2 week break, all went swimmingly well fortunately!
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3178
    Jumped Up Madam - Mrs.K on vocals, our acoustic guitarist and me on bass playing Rickie Lee Jones, KT Tunstall, Carole King, Dixie Chicks and the like at The Brook, Wallington, Surrey on Sunday 24th Nov (7pm)
  • With Playback tonight at The Archers in Walsall, WS5 4EF. I'll be the one wearing the Fretboard T-Shirt.
    Just about to set off for tonights Nitro gig at the 3 tons in Hull.

Just checking the right wigs are packed :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    The Malt Shovel in Horsham West Sussex Tomorrow (Saturday).
    Don't touch that dial.
  • The Chill Bar in Ilfracombe tonight.

• Crimson on Silver, playing at The Swan in Crewkerne tonight (Friday), then The Half Moon in Stoke Sub Hamdon on Saturday. 

• Highway to Hull at the lounge Baildon tonight (Friday).

Get the bassist a drink. He's in serious danger of sobering up.
    In jazz, no one can hear you scream
    Two gigs with Nitro this week - Sportsman and Cavalier club (both in 'ull)  Hopefully I'll survive them both ;-)
  • Not tonight . I are off to see Simple Minds (supported by Ultravox!) tonight.

Tomorrow's gig for me has been moved from Cardiff to ...Lichfield.  As we're based in Birmingham, this is a Very Good Thing.

• RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    Tomorrow evening I'm playing at a 60th birthday party - my own
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    Legends in Crawley town centre tonight as part of the charity sleigh pull for injured marines. £10 to get in so unless the organisers know something we don't we expect it to be a bit quiet.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1189
    Punking it up with 7786 in The Red Beret in Chelmsford. Melbourne Avenue has something of a reputation as one of the....

[considers words]

....more boisterous areas of Chelmsford so wish me luck!
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    Good luck viz, I see the police are already there waiting for you......

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21)