Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Who's gigging tonight? - Live Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Who's gigging tonight?

What's Hot

Comments

• We played the Grist Mill in Leamington Spa last night, first gig in ages and the playing was a bit creaky. Small but appreciative audience and a nice pub. I’m tagging in @not_the_dj as he was interested in the venue. New landlord and lady who’ve moved there from Great Barr and trying to make the place a bit more lively. 
    That's, we'll check it out. Sorry I couldn't make it, we were at a birthday party near Worksop. 
    It came to a bit of an odd end with a bloke lying on the floor and paramedics called, so the enthusiasm dropped off a bit at that point. I think he was just very drunk, I asked the landlord if he was alright and he said ' the music got to him.' 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3260
    played HRH Prog at the weekend..
    it was so much fun I want to go and do it all over again..
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Clarky said:

So do I (want you to do it all over again)
    trolley said:
    Clarky said:

So do I (want you to do it all over again)
    you was there?
  • Just back from a gig in sunny Acocks Green. Turns out the battery in my wireless will give out eventually preceded by about a minute of interesting tremolo effects. 
  • FezFez Frets: 472
    Next Saturday (Dec 2nd) Borrowed Time are at the Tavern, Horley High st Surrey.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    As part of World Aids Day Friday 1st december, Cu Da Groove will be doing a freebee 8:30-10:30 in Colchester at the New Inn, Chapel St.
    Funk n' Party.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8108
    This Friday will see Urban Legends at the Unicorn in Loughborough. It’s going to be interesting because I’ve torn a fingertip on my right hand, so no “pick and fingers” licks. 
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    no more gigs this year for me now... all down...
    time to knuckle down to some long overdue studio work..
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1506
    We (Praetorian) are playing the Fiddlers Elbow in Camden tomorrow. Although we've still not been notified of when we are on and what the running order is...
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 896
    Meanstreak are at The Lion in Cas Vegas (Castleford for non Yorkshire folk) tomorrow, 2nd December. Last one of the year for us and it should be lively!
  • The Electron Thieves are busking at Mill Road Winter Fair in Cambridge today.  I'm off to find my wooly hat and fingerless gloves ...
    Trading feedback | FS: Nothing right now |  WTB: EQD Talons | Jazzmaster build thread
  • Currently between sets at the New Bell. Enjoying the smell of other people's recreational marijuana on the car park.
    I also  seem to have a fan, the connection between Asian pensioners and ska having previously alluded me. Whole new market for us there mebbe...
    My lads band Atronach are opening a multi-band gig at the Hope & Ruin in Brighton on The 29th.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • New Year's Eve we are playing The Old Abbey Taphouse in Manchester Science Park (if you want it to sound nerdy) or Hulme/Moss Side (if you want it to sound edgy). Playing outside, living the dream!
    I'm just a Maserati in a world of Kias.
  • Alibi playing tonight at The Lamb, Romford, then tommorow, new years eve at the Woodbine, waltham Abbey
  • Playing my first ever NYE gig at The Albert, Totnes this evening.  Band was formed 10 days ago, Set list arrived Boxing Day then rehearsal yesterday.  Fingers crossed!
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    Friday evening Cu Da Groove will funk the downstairs bar of Roberts Night Club in Colchester. 9-11pm, Get your flares out and lift that afro.
  • Tomorrow - Friday 19th. Two sets of paisley pop psych from us (The Moot) at the Huntercombe Arms, Slough. Onstage at 9, free entry. 
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1466
    Got a private thing tonight in Exeter for a bunch of rugby chaps. Girls Aloud and Tiffany are primed and ready to deploy.
    A rare acoustic set from Borrowed Time at the Star in Horsham West Sussex as part of an all dayer organised by Crawley Hospital radio. BT close out the show at 10.20pm. 
    Then on Feb 3rd we play another all dayer also in Horsham at the Holbrook club £12 for non members tickets available from the Holbrook club.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Anyone in Nottingham tonight? We're playing at The Maze, for the Metal 2 The Masses first round. Don't have any hope of going through - playing against three local Nottingham bands - but should be a laugh nonetheless...
    <space for hire>
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2493
    @digitalscream Break a leg, laddie! :)
  • Back in a Slough for the second weekend running @ The Red Cow on Sat 27. Onstage at 9 for two sets of (mainly) original belters. If you like The Who, The Kinks, garage rock etc come and have a listen! 
  • Happy to talk guitars between sets too! Saves having to talk to the band. 
  • DLM said:
    @digitalscream Break a leg, laddie! :)
    Oh boy, did we ever - played a blinder of a set (probably our best in years) and we only went and bloody won it, despite only ending up with two of our fans there and playing against three bands with the home advantage!!!!!

Just have to win two more rounds, and we're at Bloodstock. We might have to start taking this a bit more seriously.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2493
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1466
    We’re back at The Lansdowne in Dawlish tonight. It’s a 1am finish... ooof! Expect pointless and nonsensical Fretboard ramblings around 3am.
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1189
    Private party at a club in Basildon where load in/out is apparently only practical via a walkway from the 10th floor if an adjacent multi-storey public car park. If it wasn’t for a super-supportive family member of a band mate I think I’d have found an excuse some time ago...
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • I’ve got a gig tonight in Crawley but I’ve got a streaming cold.  Will need to keep a box of Kleenex on top of my amp. Either that or I could just shove my ACS earplugs up my dose instead of in my ears. Eeeuuughhh!