Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam, Saturday 2nd October, 2021 -- Factory Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam, Saturday 2nd October, 2021 -- Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• nickpnickp Frets: 182
    @Brocco ; - my weekend has been looking like going tits up for a while.  I've not long seperated and there's a window fitter coming to fit windows to my house (that I don't live in now) plus I've been allocated dog sitting duties for the weekend also - so I'm probably only going to be able to pop down for a few hours now and say hi - so I've not stuck myself down to play anything.  Whichi is a bummer but it's a fact of life at the mo
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • All - I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to pull out, which I hate doing at the last moment. My mum passed away unexpectedly on 16th Sept after a very brief illness, and I'm mostly spending my time supporting dad - we're staying with him every weekend - and helping out with the funeral arrangements, which is next week. As much as I'd love to come I'm just not going to be in the right headspace or properly prepared, as well as being needed elsewhere - I thought I'd give it a week to see how things were, but it's just not possible. Absolutely gutted, been looking forward to it for months and meeting some new faces  :/ Absolutely no need to refund my payment btw!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    All - I'm really sorry, but I'm going to have to pull out, which I hate doing at the last moment. My mum passed away unexpectedly on 16th Sept after a very brief illness, and I'm mostly spending my time supporting dad - we're staying with him every weekend - and helping out with the funeral arrangements, which is next week. As much as I'd love to come I'm just not going to be in the right headspace or properly prepared, as well as being needed elsewhere - I thought I'd give it a week to see how things were, but it's just not possible. Absolutely gutted, been looking forward to it for months and meeting some new faces  :/ Absolutely no need to refund my payment btw!
    I feel for you bud, of course you do what's needed your end, look forward to another time.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • @Vibetronic very sad news. My condolences.

It's not a competition.
  • @Vibetronic ; - very sorry to hear that.  My sincere condolences.   Look after yourself.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• @Vibetronic ; sorry to hear that , take care and hope to catch you at WJ 2022.  
  • @Vibetronic, so sad - take care of yourself, your dad and your family
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    So sorry to hear that @Vibetronic, thoughts with you and yours
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    Sorry to hear of your loss @vibetronic, that's a big thing to deal with.
  • naturally it would be ideal if we can fill the roles previously taken by @Vibetronic which would allow us to keep to the current setlist as is - any takers?
  • nickpnickp Frets: 182
    Brocco said:
    naturally it would be ideal if we can fill the roles previously taken by @Vibetronic which would allow us to keep to the current setlist as is - any takers?
    I've been looking at is she really going out with him, but given the issues with my timing......
  • as @nickp has more than enough on his plate already, thought I would call Factory to check what kit is provided within the price we have paid. We get PA and Drum shells in both rooms but no bass amps/cabs.
  • Brocco said:
    as @nickp has more than enough on his plate already, thought I would call Factory to check what kit is provided within the price we have paid. We get PA and Drum shells in both rooms but no bass amps/cabs.
    Did they give you a price to hire one for the day?  Happy to chuck a couple of quid in the pot for the convenience.

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited September 2021
    bobblehat said:
    Brocco said:
    as @nickp has more than enough on his plate already, thought I would call Factory to check what kit is provided within the price we have paid. We get PA and Drum shells in both rooms but no bass amps/cabs.
    Did they give you a price to hire one for the day?  Happy to chuck a couple of quid in the pot for the convenience.

I'm happy to contribute to the hire of a bass amp/cab as I don't have one myself. This is the month I happen get two lots of state pension (as it's paid every 4 weeks), so I suppose I could chuck in a bit more.

As a last resort could the bass go straight in to the PA, or would that bother the singers?

It's not a competition.
    I am happy to chip in extra for amp/kit hire no probs
  • Whilst we are on the subject of gear . Do we know who's bringing what and is everyone happy to share? Looking at the song choices I would suggest we have 3 guitar amps.
    I have a Fender Pro Reverb I can bring and share if we need guitar amps
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited September 2021
    bobblehat said:
    Whilst we are on the subject of gear . Do we know who's bringing what and is everyone happy to share? Looking at the song choices I would suggest we have 3 guitar amps.

I'm happy to share any of my gear.

I'll be bringing the following:
    Guitars: Ibanez AZ2402, and as backup a PRS S2
    Bass: Fender Squier VM PJ Bass
    HRD IV amp
    A Helix LT which I set up in stomp box mode, so it's easy for anyone else to use it like conventional pedal board.

As back up (which I can keep in the car) I'll probably have
    A Blues Cube Artist amp.
    A few pedals such as a Maxon OD9 Overdrive, a Spark booster a Boss CS-3 compressor and a HOF mini

It's not a competition.
  • roberty said:
    thank you - I'll be bringing my Matchless and believe several people will be bringing a Helix/Kemper so we should be well covered for guitars 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Do we need a bass amp ?…I have a trace Elliott combo ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • will also be bringing my PRS and a simple pedalboard (Cali76, Hotcake, Aqua-Puss & BudWah)
  • Brocco said:
    roberty said:
    thank you - I'll be bringing my Matchless and believe several people will be bringing a Helix/Kemper so we should be well covered for guitars 
    Perfect 
  • @roberty - looking forward to trying out your Pro Reverb. Was this the amp that you brought last time that had one or two issues at the time? 
  • spark240 said:
    Do we need a bass amp ?…I have a trace Elliott combo ?
    that would be greatly appreciated, thank you! 
  • Planning on bringing the '79 JMP and a 1x12 cab.  Also have a Captor X which we can use for recording purposes (but I'll need a second speaker cable).
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

Brocco said:
    @roberty - looking forward to trying out your Pro Reverb. Was this the amp that you brought last time that had one or two issues at the time? 
    Yes one of the preamp tubes had gone. I had only had it for a few weeks at that point and the power tubes were new. I will check properly this time. It's like a Twin sized Deluxe
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    I was planning to bring a bass head, but I'd be happy to bring along a cab for it too.
  • mart said:
    I was planning to bring a bass head, but I'd be happy to bring along a cab for it too.
    Thanks. Seems like we have the gear angle well and truly covered. Let's not forget that we need to try and fill the roles that Vibetronic was down for   ;)
  • Thanks all, I really appreciate the kind words - you’re a good bunch. I hope you have a cracking day and I’ll definitely be there next year for some shredding. 
  • Brocco said:
    … the roles previously taken by Vibetronic … any takers?
    Can't help you there, sorry. 

Some of the songs scheduled to be performed by Vibetronic, I have never heard. Those of them that I have heard at some point in the past, I do not know how to play.

bobblehat said:
    Do we know who's bringing what and is everyone happy to share?
    Promotional videos for That's Entertainment and Just What I Needed show RIC and 'Ray, respectively. So, I shall probably bring a Warwick or a Fender Jazz out of devilment.

Is anything on the set list fretless?

Guitar-wise, something random. (Probably something that I hope to sell! :yum: )

Is anybody bringing anything with P90s?

Be seeing you.
This discussion has been closed.