Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam, Saturday 2nd October, 2021 -- Factory Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam, Saturday 2nd October, 2021 -- Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Also, as far as I can tell, there's really only one guitar on Richard III and @Jonathangus is already down for lead, so does that mean you're covered for that one as well.

Ah, but who's going to do the Theremin solo?   :)
    Oh yeah. Well if there's two guitars I can do rhythm and/or lead. Thinking more about participation than anything else
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spark240 said:
    Sorry guys im usually on top of this but circumstances means time is not on my side , me and Nickos will def be there and jamming along ;-)...Im bringing couple of guitars' Kemper and DX12 and the TE Bass combo ok? 
    All good  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    Do we have a practical start time for Saturday? Last time I seem to recall we aimed to start playing about 11, making it a bit easier for those of us with some distance to travel. 
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited September 2021
    mart said:
    Do we have a practical start time for Saturday? Last time I seem to recall we aimed to start playing about 11, making it a bit easier for those of us with some distance to travel. 

Well that would be easier. I was originally thinking I'd have to set out by about 7:30am to be sure I'd get there by about 9.00am.

It's not a competition.
  • I will double-check the timings with Factory and let the group know. As I am fairly local I will aim to arrive for whatever time (hopefully 9am) we have access - other early birds also welcome, especially if you would like to make some early noise  :)

Would a provisional start time of 10:30 work for everyone?
  • sorry to hear that, these things can be uncomfortable. hope you can make it.
  • Brocco said:
    I will double-check the timings with Factory and let the group know. As I am fairly local I will aim to arrive for whatever time (hopefully 9am) we have access - other early birds also welcome, especially if you would like to make some early noise  :)

Would a provisional start time of 10:30 work for everyone?

firstly, apologies for my erroneous post above (thought I had replied to a PM!).

More importantly, I have confirmed timings with Factory. The Live Room and Lounge Room are both booked between 9:30 and 5:30, so we can plan around starting at either 10:30 or at 11, whichever gets the most votes...
  • I'm only an hour away , so 10:30am works for me. Will probably be there earlier.
  • @onlyonebradders and I will be coming from 20 minutes up the road, so I'd envisage we'd be there at 9:30 to set up the kit.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

I will aim for somewhere between 9 and 10
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Probably about 10.00 for. Me…

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Traffic permitting, I should be there between 9:30 and 10:30.

It's not a competition.
    edited September 2021
    Just a reminder that I've done chord charts for all the songs in the list, so PM me giving your email if you're interested. I needed to do them because I'm an old git with a bad memory, plus I'm trying to improve my skills in using Musescore. And I'm retired with too much time on my hands.

I'll bring some spares to the jam as well.

They may help, or just add to the confusion.

It's not a competition.
    10:30 works for me, but I wouldn't want to make it any earlier. 

It might be more of a challenge for @Funkfingers as he has further to come, but since he's not playing on the first few songs, it shouldn't be a problem if he arrived later. And anyway, maybe he's up for leaving at the crack of dawn. :)
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1023
     plus I'm trying to improve my skills in using Musescore. 

I could NOT get to grips with that; caved in and got Guitar Pro!!

Hope you all have a splendid day tomorrow; looking forward to seeing/hearing any recordings  =)
  •  plus I'm trying to improve my skills in using Musescore. 

I could NOT get to grips with that; caved in and got Guitar Pro!!

Hope you all have a splendid day tomorrow; looking forward to seeing/hearing any recordings  =)

Pity you won't be there. I'd still like to get a guitar lesson(s) from you at some time.

I use Guitar Pro 7 to transcribe solos. But it can't do charts combining chord slash notation, rhythmic slash and the notes on the stave all together, which is why I use Musescore for general purpose charts.

It's not a competition.
    The Pro Reverb is working. There's a bit of idle noise but it sounds good. I've put a little board together with some dirt and delay. See you all tomorrow :) 
    Can I check if we def need to bring a Bass amp ?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    @spark240 we definitely need an amp head and cab for the live room (both @mart and you have kindly offered). If we also want a bass head and cab for the practice room we would need you both to bring your bass amps and cabs, but if we only want a bass amp for the live room, then there would be no need for you both to bring bass amps. 
    Ill bring the bass combo...its by the door now anyhow ;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    I'll bring my amp too - it's not much extra to carry and it means we've got a back-up, or a second amp if we want to use a second room too. 

Or we could just line out one into the other and have a monster bass sound. :)
    mart said:
    I'll bring my amp too - it's not much extra to carry and it means we've got a back-up, or a second amp if we want to use a second room too. 

Or we could just line out one into the other and have a monster bass sound. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Saw her on Sunday
    'twas my lucky bun day
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I hope the event went well. Please post the recordings so I can hear how you got on. Hope I can make the next one!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    I hope the event went well. Please post the recordings so I can hear how you got on. Hope I can make the next one!
    We've only got phone recordings, but they look to have come out OK.  Need editing down a bit, though.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    Thank you to everyone who showed today, we had a very chilled and collaborative crowd. Special mentions must go to @onlyonebradders for his superb effort on drums, and to @stratman3142, stratless on the day, but that did not stop him delivering some blistering solos. Here's to the next one!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Brocco said:
    Thank you to everyone who showed today, we had a very chilled and collaborative crowd. Special mentions must go to @onlyonebradders for his superb effort on drums, and to @stratman3142, stratless on the day, but that did not stop him delivering some blistering solos. Here's to the next one!
    Very welcome.. looking forward to the next one! \m/o\m/
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Yeah let’s see some footage!!!!!!!!!!
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    Yes very enjoyable …thanks also to Bass and drums for keeping it together !….definitely got tighter as the day went on …I’ll practice a bit more for next time !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    edited October 2021
    Fantastic to meet and play with everyone. Great fun. Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks to everyone for making it a great day. @Brocco did an excellent job of organising things.

It's not a competition.
This discussion has been closed.