Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam, Saturday 2nd October, 2021 -- Factory Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam, Saturday 2nd October, 2021 -- Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• martmart Frets: 5165
    Yeah, a big thanks to everyone who came, but especially @Brocco for pulling things together. It was a lot of fun, and I'm already looking forward to the next one .... so long as the blisters on my fingers have time to heal first. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    edited October 2021
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Mmmm...those pics ....I was enjoying myself!......honest ;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    @Jonathangus - any chance you can add names to those photos? Would be good to put faces to usernames.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    Did that telecaster go into the matchless? And if so how awesome was it?
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Had a great time everyone. Pleasure making noise with you all and special thanks @Brocco for pulling it together
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    slacker said:
    The Tele sounded great through a Pro Rverb and a 79' JMP but we unfortunately didn't get to hear it through the Matchless  :/
  • Good to meet you all yesterday - that was fun.  Big thanks to @Brocco for pulling it all together, and @onlyonebradders for his sterling work - our kid done good.

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    Brocco said:
    slacker said:
    The Tele sounded great through a Pro Rverb and a 79' JMP but we unfortunately didn't get to hear it through the Matchless  :/
    Something for the next one. 
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    edited October 2021
    So, initial taster for your listening pleasure - a bit of Bon Jovi for Sunday morning:

L-R: @mart ; @onlyonebradders ; @stratman3142 ;;; @nickos236 ; @Brocco ; @spark240 (mostly out of shot, sorry!)

(Think I've got everyone identified right.)

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    That’s a nice tight version, love Marts bass player grooving!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkb said:
    @Jonathangus - any chance you can add names to those photos? Would be good to put faces to usernames.
    Done!

Jonathangus said: if
    mrkb said:
    Done!
    Cheers, and that’s you singing in the last pic from Mart isn’t it?

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Is that our Tommy in blue?
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • viz said:

Who's Tommy?

It's not a competition.
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited October 2021
    viz said:

Who's Tommy?

Six-string. Ah, no it’s Brocco. Just seen the caption, soz. Faint resemblance!
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1023
    Looks awesome, gutted to have missed out. Great version of the Jovi! :) Hope to meet you next time @stratman3142 !
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    edited October 2021
    Looks awesome, gutted to have missed out. Great version of the Jovi! Hope to meet you next time @stratman3142 !
    If that happens I expect it will be exactly like this 

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited October 2021
    @roberty: In that type of battle, I expect I'd sound like Lil Wayne in comparison to @Vibetronic.

It's not a competition.
  • mrkb said:
    Jonathangus said: if
    mrkb said:
    Done!
    Cheers, and that’s you singing in the last pic from Mart isn’t it?

It is indeed.  Not listened back yet...

• nickpnickp Frets: 182
    Sorry I couldnt be there but looks like a lot of fun and thanks to @Brocco for putting the work in
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 493
    edited October 2021
    Great to meet and play with everyone Saturday. Had a great time and looking forward to the next one. Special thanks to @mart and @onlyonebradders for providing the rhythm section and @Brocco for getting us all together. 
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    Question: who would definitely be up for a follow on jam at Factory in about 6 months time?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Brocco said:
    Question: who would definitely be up for a follow on jam at Factory in about 6 months time?
    I would definitely be up for that.

It's not a competition.
    Yes I'd be there - this last one was the first tFB jam I've ever missed.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • nickpnickp Frets: 182
    Question - would anyone be up for a more regular weekly/fortnightly jam or something in either Bristol or Bath?

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited October 2021
    nickp said:
    Question - would anyone be up for a more regular weekly/fortnightly jam or something in either Bristol or Bath?

As I'm not in a gigging band at the moment, I could do about once a month. Or maybe a fortnight occasionally, as it's a bit of a trek for me from Exmouth.

It's not a competition.
  • Brocco said:
    I could be tempted.  Although IIRC, round about April/May is usually (sample size = 2) when we go to Water Rats.

• OK, weirdness.  Is it just me, or does this thread vanish from Recent Discussions once it falls off the bottom of page 1?

This discussion has been closed.