Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam, Saturday 2nd October, 2021 -- Factory Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam, Saturday 2nd October, 2021 -- Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot
1131415161719»

Comments

• onlyonebraddersonlyonebradders Frets: 19
    edited October 2021

Link to the YouTube Playlist I've collated...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited October 2021
    OK.  that's annoying.. the playlist only links to one video.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited October 2021
  • That seems to work better... :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    That seems to work better... :)
    Had the opportunity this weekend to watch these through, thank you for sorting this. A useful watch for anyone considering attending a future jam, as I would say this is pretty representative.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    edited December 2021
    watching the video's now -  great       Id be interested if this comes up again (might even tempt Mrs Bert to come out of retirement to do some vox/backing   )............... be good to know who's who in the vids  {EDIT}  -  just seen the photos/names
    @stratman3142 looks just like my brother !!   and from debbun too ?    

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited December 2021
    bertie said:

...@stratman3142 looks just like my brother !!   and from debbun too ?    

He must be a handsome chap

I'm actually from Stoke on Trent. Just live in Devon now.

It's the first one I've been to. It was great fun and great to meet everyone.
    It's not a competition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    edited December 2021
    Ive been to  few in "the old forum"  -  GASFest and one at Swindon that Timmyo  organised  -  Im a nadgers north of Brizzle so the new place isnt far from here...........  Im ex Debbun, moved "north"   used to play rugby against Exmouth "back in the day"    school and club

oh, and some nice licks BTW...........  \m/
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 493
    Western Jam 2022? 
  • bobblehat said:
    Western Jam 2022? 
    That would be good.

It's not a competition.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 493
    bobblehat said:
    Western Jam 2022? 
    That would be good.

Need to get @Brocco on the case  =)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    bobblehat said:
    bobblehat said:
    Western Jam 2022? 
    That would be good.

Has there been any “behind the scenes” discussions on this? Haven’t seen @brocco posting for a while, is he still around?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    bobblehat said:
    bobblehat said:
    Western Jam 2022? 
    That would be good.

Has there been any “behind the scenes” discussions on this? Haven’t seen @brocco posting for a while, is he still around?

I've not heard anything.

It's not a competition.
    Up for this again, and happy to help out, but would prefer if someone more local than me could handle the venue aspects - is there a volunteer out there?
  • Factory is my favourite studio.  Are these jams still going on?
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
    @Crazed_Fandango - these jams are usually arranged whenever there is strong enough demand subject to a few volunteers being willing to take care of the various organisational aspects.

As there have been a few questions like yours recently, I have tagged everyone who participated in one or both of the previous two Jams at Factory to quickly test if we are likely to have enough interest to make a third event viable:

@mrkb @stratman3142 @bobblehat @Legionreturns @Vibetronic @spark240 @roberty @Jonathangus @onlyonebradders  @nicos236 @mart @MagicPigDetective @Bernie
    I'd definitely be interested.

It's not a competition.

I’d be interested as well, I want to see stratman do his awesome solos !
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    I'm up for it and don't mind booking
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    mrkb said:

I’d be interested as well, I want to see stratman do his awesome solos !
    Same
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Yep Im in subject to dates etc...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1023
    Would love to come…couldn’t make the last one but count me in :)
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7962
    I'm absolutely snowed, and with a very busy festival season coming up, it's hard to imagine I'll have spare time for this. Sorry! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • It sounds like many guitarists and not much else; or do we have a rhythm section we can call upon?  I know a drummer that may be interested...good, but will not learn songs beforehand, so songs with stops/starts will probably go wonky.  =)  
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
    I’m happy to drum on a few songs, and can sing on a few as well.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    @onlyonebradders did a great job on drums last time.

@mart did a great job on bass.

Plus many of the guitarists doubled on bass. I'd like to play bass on a couple, if that's OK.

It's not a competition.
    @Jalapeno please could you kindly assist us as you did last time by creating a new announcement "Western Jam 2022, Factory Studios, Bristol", and link this thread to the new one - many thanks, Ian
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    He doesn't get notifications for some reason.  I'll ask him if he's up for another one.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

It sounds like many guitarists and not much else; or do we have a rhythm section we can call upon?  I know a drummer that may be interested...good, but will not learn songs beforehand, so songs with stops/starts will probably go wonky.   
    @nicos236 and @bobblehat play guitar and sing, so hopefully both will be able to make it

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    He doesn't get notifications for some reason.  I'll ask him if he's up for another one.
    He says potentially, yes - depending on dates, of course.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

This discussion has been closed.