Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). General Gaming thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

General Gaming thread

What's Hot
1115116117118119121»

Comments

• I've been playing lots of the new Forza Motorsport. It's my favourite racing series and I've really been looking forward to it.

There are plenty of faults with the game. It's come in rather hot. But on the whole I'm still really enjoying the game on Xbox thanks to the excellent new handling model.

Alas the PC version is not as good, with some nasty bugs stopping the game looking and performing at its best.

There are some fundamental issues with the game - such as the way car upgrades are unlocked. But the core racing is very good. And it's better than GT7 by simply not having Gran Turismo's silly follow the leader race starts. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • My (rarely used) Switch has succumbed to the dreaded joycon drifting. Are there any worthwhile aftermarket options that charge the same way as Nintendo’s ones, or should I just get another set of ‘proper’ ones?
    Have you opened a support ticket with Nintendo? You might find you're eligible for repair/replacement. 
    I’ve not, but it’s one of the very first batch (2017) so should be well outside of support by now I’d have thought???
    You'll be surprised, well worth a shot. Nintendo admitted the stick drift issue.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4445
    I've been playing lots of the new Forza Motorsport. It's my favourite racing series and I've really been looking forward to it.

There are plenty of faults with the game. It's come in rather hot. But on the whole I'm still really enjoying the game on Xbox thanks to the excellent new handling model.

Alas the PC version is not as good, with some nasty bugs stopping the game looking and performing at its best.

There are some fundamental issues with the game - such as the way car upgrades are unlocked. But the core racing is very good. And it's better than GT7 by simply not having Gran Turismo's silly follow the leader race starts. 
    Sounds good.  Waiting until the 10th for gamepass release.

Really want to get a wheel at some point for yhis and AAC.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I finally came up with a set of upgrades I liked for my ship - cost a quarter of a million credits though.

Presenting StarPig. Like SkyPiggy, wrapped in bacon. More go, more boom, more cargo, more legs, and even more pink.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1042
    RobDavies said:
    RobDavies said:
    I need a game recommendation.   

I’ve got a PS4….  I like COD but feel I’ve taken it as far as I can, and I like Fifa but always end up spending waaay too much time on it. 

I loved Fallout 4 but avoided the follow up due to terrible reviews.   I was recommended both Red Or Dead games and didn’t really like them…. Same goes for No Mans Sky.  

So with all that in mind, what am I missing out on?
    Skyrim and Spider-Man - if you don’t enjoy either of those you’re dead inside.  
    Just ordered Skyrim.   If I don’t like it, you owe me nine quid.  

I couldn’t possibly entertain Spider-Man because I’m 52.  

Yoi've got ps plus haven't you? Pretty sure Skyrim was/is still available as part of the subscription? Loads of other great games you could get into that are included in ps plus.
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 770
    I've restarted with iracing..money pit!
    My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    nero1701 said:
    I've restarted with iracing..money pit!
    Pics! 
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    wibble said:
    RobDavies said:
    RobDavies said:
    I need a game recommendation.   

I’ve got a PS4….  I like COD but feel I’ve taken it as far as I can, and I like Fifa but always end up spending waaay too much time on it. 

I loved Fallout 4 but avoided the follow up due to terrible reviews.   I was recommended both Red Or Dead games and didn’t really like them…. Same goes for No Mans Sky.  

So with all that in mind, what am I missing out on?
    Skyrim and Spider-Man - if you don’t enjoy either of those you’re dead inside.  
    Just ordered Skyrim.   If I don’t like it, you owe me nine quid.  

I couldn’t possibly entertain Spider-Man because I’m 52.  

Yoi've got ps plus haven't you? Pretty sure Skyrim was/is still available as part of the subscription? Loads of other great games you could get into that are included in ps plus.
    No, I don't think I have.    My son has it - and I benefitted from it when we 'shared' a PS4 for a while but he's gone all flash and got a PS5 and left me with the ol' 4.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I've been enjoying photo mode.

A bit of crotch-kicking fun with a pirate (dead, but still standing):

The morning after a particularly ripe alien curry:

Quality time with my merc girlfriend:

And The Flying Bogey - over 10,000 cargo capacity. Barely turns, hence the turrets.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PennPenn Frets: 351
    Sporky said:
    I've been enjoying photo mode.

A bit of crotch-kicking fun with a pirate (dead, but still standing):

The morning after a particularly ripe alien curry:

Quality time with my merc girlfriend:

And The Flying Bogey - over 10,000 cargo capacity. Barely turns, hence the turrets.

I finished the main story. I might go back to it… it’s not great but some missions like the Crimson Fleet ones were quite fun. 
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 118
    Penn said:
    I finished the main story. I might go back to it… it’s not great but some missions like the Crimson Fleet ones were quite fun. 
    I wouldn't know, my was bugged so couldn't complete it....
    Rkphilpot said:
    Penn said:
    I wouldn't know, my was bugged so couldn't complete it....
    Yeah, I had to restart from an old save because of a bug. Lost 2 hours of progress thanks to it. It may have made me swear a little.  
    Forza is crap. I have turned it off. I am bored already.  When a game decides it needs to helpfully talk you through how to click upgrade I get bored. The whole thing is a drawn out piece of crap, farting its way through endless cutscene tutorials that don’t need to exist. Crap of the highest AAA kind. I’m in my 40s I understand the concept of a racing game… they’ve been around since before I could walk. Forget it. Don’t bother. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2318
    I've re-started Cyberpunk, after only trying it at launch.

Wow. SO much better than it was!

Really enjoying my time in it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 118
    Cyber Punks the next game for me to try, I just got Green Hell. Incredible survival game. Just the right amount of hard.