Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). General Gaming thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    edited September 2023
    Played a couple hours of Baldur’s gate 3, although like an hour of that was creating my character, reading up classes and what not.  Went for Bard for the extra dialogue options.

One thing i did not realise you can do, not only you can turn on nudity for the scenes that has nudity, you can actually play the game completely nude (in person too if you like lol), without affecting your armour / defence in battle.  It makes all the cut scenes all the more interesting!

(i am such a dengenerate   =) )
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Played a couple hours of Baldur’s gate 3, although like an hour of that was creating my character, reading up classes and what not.  Went for Bard for the extra dialogue options.

One thing i did not realise you can do, not only you can turn on nudity for the scenes that has nudity, you can actually play the game completely nude (in person too if you like lol), without affecting your armour / defence in battle.  It makes all the cut scenes all the more interesting!

(i am such a dengenerate   =) )
    What vulva did you choose? I went for vulva 2.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Errrr the default one I think?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Errrr the default one I think?
    A man of culture, I see. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'm playing demons souls still, just finished the armoured spider today.

It's graphically very nice, but the best bit is how much it shows fromsoftware knew what they wanted to do, but needed to figure it out. Dark souls is clunky in places but demons souls much more so. I absolutely love it. 

It won't dethrone dark souls or bloodborne for me but it's been fun so far. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PennPenn Frets: 351
    My latest starfield bug… dude who is with me on my ship follows me and I can’t stop him. Only thing is I’m supposed to be sneaking about for the mission and guess what? He keeps starting killing everyone that I’m not meant to be killing! I will have to go back on my saves about an hour before the mission and try to leave him behind somewhere. Wtf. 
  • Has anyone on here completed 'The Darker Side' on Mario Odyssey??
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    edited September 2023
    Penn said:
    My latest starfield bug… dude who is with me on my ship follows me and I can’t stop him. Only thing is I’m supposed to be sneaking about for the mission and guess what? He keeps starting killing everyone that I’m not meant to be killing! I will have to go back on my saves about an hour before the mission and try to leave him behind somewhere. Wtf. 
    lol

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Penn said:
    lol

Was that not meant to happen?
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    edited September 2023
    That was hilarious.

I'm enjoying it. I escaped from New Atlantis yesterday by boost-packing my way up the spaceport. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • all this talk about Starfield made me dig out my old PS4 copy of No Man's Sky and dive into the much updated version on my PS5. What a fabulous game it is now. I recall it being an absolute borefest the last time I played it. 

I did love a Fallout game in the past though so may at some point have to invest in a new Xbox to see what the fuss is all about.
    Baldur's Gate 3 is an absolute gem of a game...I never thought D&D could be this fun, the story and writing in this is so good and i have only played 7 hours.  The designs of all the characters, races are brilliant, so imaginative. 
  • Baldur's Gate 3 is an absolute gem of a game...I never thought D&D could be this fun, the story and writing in this is so good and i have only played 7 hours.  The designs of all the characters, races are brilliant, so imaginative. 
    Yea it's genuinely an excellent game. I'm pretty much only playing with my friend when we can play together so we've only just got out of Emerald Grove and found Nettie. 

Every combat scenario can be a bit long but it's still engaging, I'm sure we'll get quicker at it too. 
  • Vintage-T said:
    all this talk about Starfield made me dig out my old PS4 copy of No Man's Sky and dive into the much updated version on my PS5. What a fabulous game it is now. I recall it being an absolute borefest the last time I played it. 

I did love a Fallout game in the past though so may at some point have to invest in a new Xbox to see what the fuss is all about.
    I'm enjoying Starfield. I'd say it's much more Fallout than Skyrim. Similar in terms of weapons and "feel" in general. 
    Once I got more familiar with travelling between planets and systems and fighting, it's a really good game. Some bugs but nothing I wouldn't expect from the game based on the same engine tbh.
  • Yeah Starfield is good, unfortunately I think the hype made me over estimate with my expectations but its still a good game.
    I'd prefer a quick select system like Skyrim and would like more missions that don't involve travelling to different planets for every single step. Although I found Neon good for missions that are all in a small area. Keeps the game flowing more. Find ship building to be confusing af and base building not dissimilar, dont bother with either, annoyingly the base building isnt good. But given that I pay for Xbox live and the game was 'free' I dont have many complaints. 
    I’ve not bothered with base building. The ship building was confusing enough!
  • Metro has concluded on Starfield. It ain't pretty! 

I've been reading these guys' reviews for 20-odd years and rarely disagree. So I guess that's me not rushing out to buy an xbox then! 

https://metro.co.uk/2023/09/12/starfield-review-final-verdict-outdated-unambitious-and-disjointed-19483992/?ico=just-in_gaming_most-shared
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I reckon if you like Bethesda games you'll like Starfield. If you don't, you won't.

Much like the Souls games. Your thing, or not your thing. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I've played every Bethesda game since Morrowwind and generally love these games. Skyrim was basically universally loved, but I just don't think it's very good. It's like if Skyrim came out now, it would seem dated and this seems dated. And I think a lot of people feel the same despite generally liking Bethesda games.
    Skyrim did have a more generic setting and story than Morrowind, but I liked that you could genuinely refuse to play it as intended.

My last go I dressed as a chef, and had a toy wooden sword and a toy bow. I slaughtered both sides in the war, and refused to have anything to do with dragons.
  • Sporky said:
    Skyrim did have a more generic setting and story than Morrowind, but I liked that you could genuinely refuse to play it as intended.

My last go I dressed as a chef, and had a toy wooden sword and a toy bow. I slaughtered both sides in the war, and refused to have anything to do with dragons.
    If only they had a pressure washer as a weapon...

Last word on Starfield - I think if it came out when Skyrim came out it would be considered a classic.
  • i have played some starfield but wasn't too enamored with it i have to admit. more like loading screen/fast travel simulator.

i will give it another go in the future after they add mod support hopefully to xbox version. 
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

edited September 2023
    Sporky said:

Last word on Starfield - I think if it came out when Skyrim came out it would be considered a classic.
    I think that's very much it, it is an idea and design very much of Skyrim era, it began development before games like Breath of the Wild and Elden Ring came out.  Those 2 games really push the expectations of what exploration is in a computer game.

Also a lot of the PR stuff about space exploring was overblown, as a lot of it isn't designed but computer-generated.  They set a level of expectations that is in the wrong direction of what the game actually is.  It's less of a space exploration game but a Fallout game.   
  • Sporky said:

I think that's very much it, it is an idea and design very much of Skyrim era, it began development before games like Breath of the Wild and Elden Ring came out.  Those 2 games really push the expectations of what exploration is in a computer game.

Also a lot of the PR stuff about space exploring was overblown, as a lot of it isn't designed but computer-generated.  They set a level of expectations that is in the wrong direction of what the game actually is.  It's less of a space exploration game but a Fallout game.   
    Yea. I was thinking about how Zelda and Elden Ring have really pushed that whole genre forward. How you can play the game the way you want to from beginning to end.

I have some annual leave next week. I got 3 months free Gamepass with the ROG Ally I bought (and then returned) and it just renewed, so I will spend some more time with it.
    I was very tempted in Starrim to put on a biohazard suit, and carry whatever laser gun looked most pressure-washy. Maybe next play through...

I don't disagree with those who've said it's more or less a reskinned Fallout, it's just that that hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of it. 
  • Really looking forward to this.. original was one of my fave games.. that and Burn Cycle were 2 very good reasons to own a CDi

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    I was very tempted in Starrim to put on a biohazard suit, and carry whatever laser gun looked most pressure-washy. Maybe next play through...

I don't disagree with those who've said it's more or less a reskinned Fallout, it's just that that hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of it. 

Fallout Junk Gun is hilarious
    I liked the poison dart gun in Fallout 3.

Though it did make Deathclaws a bit easy. 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Anyone playing:
    Shotgun King: The Final Checkmate

Shotguns improve chess a great deal.
  • Anyone playing:
    Shotgun King: The Final Checkmate

Shotguns improve chess a great deal.
    It's a better solution than sticking WiFi anal beads up your arse. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter