Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). General Gaming thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Or... Is it? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    It didn't help Nigel Short. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Kasperov just had more beads. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2517
    edited September 2023 tFB Trader
  • 6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    edited September 2023
    From the PS/Nintendo streams...

- F-Zero 99 is nuts. I am not very good at it. I hope this is prep for a big new 3D one coming with the new console at launch...?
    - Tomb Raider 1/2/3 remasters is great news. I've never played them beyond the odd 10 minutes at friends houses back in the day. 
    - Mario vs Donkey Kong looks fun
    - Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door is fab - I've somehow never played it and it's the one in the series everyone particularly raves about. I can't wait :) 
    - Baby Steps looks odd and an utterly strange way to kick off a video like this
    - Spiderman 2 looks ace, as expected. Apparently runs at 30,40,60 FPS all with RT, presumably with 4k/1440/1080 resolutions. Still one of the first major PS5-only games, right? AFTER 3 FRICKIN YEARS! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    edited September 2023
    Baby Steps reminds me of QWOP.
  • PennPenn Frets: 351
    Really looking forward to this.. original was one of my fave games.. that and Burn Cycle were 2 very good reasons to own a CDi

That will be cool. I remember playing that game when it came out. It was a pretty creepy game. 
  • i think the goty for me would be zelda totk (and i have barely played it i have to admit) closely followed by baldur's gate 3 (and barely played that also) but i can see for myself how great they both are from the short time i have played them both.  
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• I'm expecting mine to be Forza Motorsport. I'll be disappointed if it isn't. 

• CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 2357
    edited September 2023
    i think the goty for me would be zelda totk (and i have barely played it i have to admit) closely followed by baldur's gate 3 (and barely played that also) but i can see for myself how great they both are from the short time i have played them both.  

I almost bought the new Baldur's Gate for the PS5 a few hours ago, the £57.99 price tag, and the dozen of so other games I've got but either haven't finished yet - the new Zelda I haven't touched it since finishing the tutorial and got the wooden sword and shield, or haven't played them yet - a whole bunch on the Switch and a few on the PS5, convinced me to hold off on it for now.

And some idiot with the gamer tag ''Introverted'', has just ruined Dying Light 2 for me.
  • Although I've only had it 2 days Trombone Champ on Switch could be in contention for my GotY.

But I suspect EA PGA Tour will take top spot, the local multiplayer might be broken but its a solid 1 player game.
  • Question about the PS5 controller.  I've noticed now that we've actually started to make use of our PS5 that the controller batters compared to the controller batteries in the PS4 controller are to be blunt, extremely shit.  Just using our PS4 for Netflix, so extremely minimal controller use as it turns off after around 5 minutes of inactivity, we could easily go 2-3 weeks before it needed recharging.  Doing the same thing on the PS5, the controller is screaming to be charged after 2 maybe 3 episodes of a TV series.  And it's just worse when you're gaming, on the PS4 we could easily games for hours, I think my record gaming session has been around 6 hours, and the PS4 controller would be down to one bar, on the PS5, granted my longest gaming session was around 45 minutes, but that was because after 45 minutes the controller battery was completely drained.

Is this normal, or is there something in the settings I should be looking at, as it stands right now, we;re seriously considering binning the stock PS5 controllers and replacing them with 3rd party after market wired ones the battery life on them is that bad.
  • Question about the PS5 controller.  I've noticed now that we've actually started to make use of our PS5 that the controller batters compared to the controller batteries in the PS4 controller are to be blunt, extremely shit.  Just using our PS4 for Netflix, so extremely minimal controller use as it turns off after around 5 minutes of inactivity, we could easily go 2-3 weeks before it needed recharging.  Doing the same thing on the PS5, the controller is screaming to be charged after 2 maybe 3 episodes of a TV series.  And it's just worse when you're gaming, on the PS4 we could easily games for hours, I think my record gaming session has been around 6 hours, and the PS4 controller would be down to one bar, on the PS5, granted my longest gaming session was around 45 minutes, but that was because after 45 minutes the controller battery was completely drained.

Is this normal, or is there something in the settings I should be looking at, as it stands right now, we;re seriously considering binning the stock PS5 controllers and replacing them with 3rd party after market wired ones the battery life on them is that bad.
    I’ve noticed exactly the same this week. Used to charge Ps5 controller very occasionally, and recently, a few hours play and it needs a recharge.

Thought there was something wrong with it. Not exactly a regular gamer either.
  • One of my PS5 controllers has developed a drift issue. Super annoying, everything wants to head to the left. 
    I rest it, disconnected the controller, turned off Bluetooth, then rebooted, back on again, reconnected, updated the firmware, then it drifted again after a half hour. 

On my second play through of Days Gone. It’s a bloody masterpiece of a game. If you have PlayStation Plus, get it (free), it’s one of the best games I’ve played in years.  
  • TheMarlin said:
    One of my PS5 controllers has developed a drift issue. Super annoying, everything wants to head to the left. 
    I rest it, disconnected the controller, turned off Bluetooth, then rebooted, back on again, reconnected, updated the firmware, then it drifted again after a half hour. 

On my second play through of Days Gone. It’s a bloody masterpiece of a game. If you have PlayStation Plus, get it (free), it’s one of the best games I’ve played in years.  

Is that the one where it's a horror survival zombie apocalypse game where you play as a biker?
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    Mines started draining in a short time as well. There was an update recently so could be that? I haven’t googled it.
  • PennPenn Frets: 351
    TheMarlin said:
    One of my PS5 controllers has developed a drift issue. Super annoying, everything wants to head to the left. 

Is that the one where it's a horror survival zombie apocalypse game where you play as a biker?
    I think I played a bit of that… probably should have played a bit more. It was quite good. I seem to be 30 hours into Starfield and I don’t know why! 
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 2357
    edited September 2023
    DefaultM said:
    Mines started draining in a short time as well. There was an update recently so could be that? I haven’t googled it.

True, there was a controller update I think it was a few days ago.

Penn said:
    TheMarlin said:

I think I played a bit of that… probably should have played a bit more. It was quite good. I seem to be 30 hours into Starfield and I don’t know why! 

If it is the one where you play a biker in a zombie apocalypse, it's actually a brilliant game
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PS5 controller battery life blows. I feel like I'm always charging them. 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7236
    edited September 2023
    TheMarlin said:

That’s the one
    It was messy on launch, and lost a lot of players, but the patched it, added loads of content, and fixed missions.  
    It had completely passed me by, and I came to it late. 
    I honestly think it’s the best PlayStation game I’ve played. Kicks the ass of The Last of Us (1 and 2)
  • ah i bought days gone when it came out but barely played it (i got a few hours into it i think) i have to admit. will def remedy that now. tbh am not really into zombie apocalypse type games so that could have been the reason (they seem to have been done to undeath).
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• TheMarlin said:
    TheMarlin said:

That’s the one
    It was messy on launch, and lost a lot of players, but the patched it, added loads of content, and fixed missions.  
    It had completely passed me by, and I came to it late. 
    I honestly think it’s the best PlayStation game I’ve played. Kicks the ass of The Last of Us (1 and 2)

That is an amazing game, I platiniumed it on the PS4, I bought it on the PS4, though not on launch day, and quite a while before they released the Game+ mode for it, and didn't have any issues with game play.  It's that good, that after finishing it I was really excited for a part 2, and then was extremely disappointed when part 2 was cancelled.
  • That’s Sony for you. They’ll run a mile of there is any risk, but they’ll pay for pointless remasters of ‘on rails’ The Last of Us
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TheMarlin said:
    That’s Sony for you. They’ll run a mile of there is any risk, but they’ll pay for pointless remasters of ‘on rails’ The Last of Us

I've yet to play The Last Of Us - either part 1 or 2, ended up starting Dying Light 2 on the PS5, I really liked the first one on the PS4, not too sure about the second one yet.
  • Started Far Cry 6 the other day, doubt I'll stick with it I just cannot put the effort in now, I've put it on easy baddies so it's more about the exploration but it's just too much to commit to. Shame as I loved FC4.

Unpacking, now that's my sort of game nowadays, and the Glass Masquerade games, I love those.
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 958
    edited September 2023
    i just bought gran turismo 7 yesterday and have been enjoying it a lot i have to say (i much prefer it already to sport).

but my god the S-10 final test is a bloody nightmare (am not a sim racing god i just play for fun). i just want to complete them then get back to grinding for 25 days for a mclaren or the like lol.

i will do it though :-)

also bought the resi 4 remake as it was on sale but yet to play it. 

• Started Far Cry 6 the other day, doubt I'll stick with it I just cannot put the effort in now, I've put it on easy baddies so it's more about the exploration but it's just too much to commit to. Shame as I loved FC4.

Unpacking, now that's my sort of game nowadays, and the Glass Masquerade games, I love those.
    I enjoyed 6 much more than 5, but agree it's not a patch on 3 or 4. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Far Cry 5 was utter wank. Possibly worse than 2.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    Cyberpunk 2077 patch 2.0.

Anyone tried this yet?  I am not sure i am a true fan of the new skill tree....it seems to be level gated a lot more than before?