Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• teradaterada Frets: 5113
    24reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Hattigol said:
    terada said:
    Hattigol said:
    terada said:
    Flippin gorgeous. What weight?
    8lb 3oz  =)
    A previously unsold 2018 model.
    That is perfect. Does it have an R8 or R9 neck profile?
    Slightly bigger than an R9 profile apparently. Not arriving until Monday.
    Amazing! Looks the absolute tits
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2588
    edited October 2020
    It's been too long. There's a lot of negativity going around. Let's throwback to that time we collectively wiped Peach's and GG's R8 and R9 stocks. That's we, coming together.

I still miss mine  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    Hell yeah!

Sold mine, bought an R9, sold that, bought another R8. It's going nowhere...

http://imgur.com/gallery/L4Hwpqj
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8372
    ¡VIVA EL THREAD R8 PEACH DEAL!
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MikeSMikeS Frets: 2103
    Every time someone bumps this thread, I think we're back on for another deal again, and get all giddy. And every time it's a false alarm :3

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I sold mine last Friday. I have too many guitars and so many including the R8 have only been played just a handful of times during the past 12-18 months 

Plus my R7 single pickup Les Paul is a far superior player 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Add me to the list of bought one from GG and later sold it, but at the purchase price I didn't face too much of a loss when I sold it
  • BoromedicBoromedic Frets: 4327
    Since I've acquired a Feline and had my Standard tweaked mine no longer leaves it's case..  that's a shame as it's awesome :(

Occasionally I think about selling it, but then remember how good a deal I got!

My head said brake, but my heart cried never.

• Can we please get a 64' es335 custom shop Peach Deal?  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    I just bought one of the new 64s and it is pretty great.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stuartdd said:
    Add me to the list of bought one from GG and later sold it, but at the purchase price I didn't face too much of a loss when I sold it

Most people have broke even on their sales. I made profit on my one. Had a cracking top 
  • I know I've just missed the boat on one, but any of these needing a new home?
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    edited January 2021

Are 2018s allowed in this thread? 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Hattigol said:

No
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • *Aaron**Aaron* Frets: 72
    Hattigol said:

That is absolutely mint
  • In all seriousness @Hattigol thar is a gorgeous top
    Thanks folks. Had a VOS one which I sold. Then spotted this gloss one at Coda which was new old stock they had found in the warehouse. The top is heartbreakingly attractive...
    edited January 2021
    @Hattigol oh my god mate I could eat that. Forbidden gummy! So beautiful
    edited January 2021
    I know I've just missed the boat on one, but any of these needing a new home?
    There was one in the classified recently. Doesn't help you now but they are out there
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    Hattigol said:

Skinny frets?
    Ossyrocks said:
    Hattigol said:

Skinny frets?
    If they are any different from my 2017 one, I hadn't noticed.
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 822
    I think ‘18 was when then R4/6/7/8 moved to skinny frets and remains that way to this day. Medium jumbos are still specced on quite a few dealer select editions (and all R9/0s) as it seems to be what punters like. Personally I prefer the skinny ones. 
  • tomajoha said:
    I think ‘18 was when then R4/6/7/8 moved to skinny frets and remains that way to this day. Medium jumbos are still specced on quite a few dealer select editions (and all R9/0s) as it seems to be what punters like. Personally I prefer the skinny ones. 
    Any reason why you prefer them? Sorry, just researching for my own selfish reasons.

Sounds a bit more woody to me, more space for my idiot fingers? If I was a flashy speed player though I’d probably want the med jumbos.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tomajoha said:
    Sounds a bit more woody to me, more space for my idiot fingers? If I was a flashy speed player though I’d probably want the med jumbos.
    Thank you, that's great. Appreciate that!

If it helps @Jonathanthomas83 I’d recommend looking for a 13/14 model if you want the best historic changes and QC. I have also had seen some really nice 2020 CS stuff which has changed my mind on their recent output so much so I bought an R4 (with skinny frets). @hyperben is also worth checking with as he’s served his time with recent CS’s. 
  • Jonathanthomas83Jonathanthomas83 Frets: 3432
    edited January 2021
    tomajoha said:
    If it helps @Jonathanthomas83 I’d recommend looking for a 13/14 model if you want the best historic changes and QC. I have also had seen some really nice 2020 CS stuff which has changed my mind on their recent output so much so I bought an R4 (with skinny frets). @hyperben is also worth checking with as he’s served his time with recent CS’s. 
    I've not really liked what I've heard of the recent guitars with the unpotted Custombuckers - both in terms of reviews (on here) and in video demos. That said, I don't go for the sounds they're playing in these demo's either, so that could be a red herring. But I'm searching for the right thing, which I thought was an R9 neck and medium jumbo's but I'm coming around to the thicker R8 neck profile with skinny's. I'm now mainly concerned about the potted/unpotted debate! Thanks for the advice!

I tend to replace the custom-bucker anyway as I find them a bit meh. I think the more recent R8 neck is a wee bit slimmer than previous years too. My ‘20 R4 is certainly a fraction slimmer than my ‘14 R8
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1005
    Anyone with any recent R6s here? Any thoughts?