Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!! - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    What's the arrival/opening time? 
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    Kick off at 12 so arrive anytime from 11:15-11:30........I *Think*.......
     @Bridgehouse will confirm it when he's along later.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    TimmyO said:
    What's the arrival/opening time? 
    cool, ta
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
    Alnico said:
    First song starts at 11.50

Our booking is from 11.30

I will be on site from 11.15
    Alnico said:

I was right enough.
    That'll do me nicely for a Monday.
    :)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Did we check the onsite parking availability?

IIRC, last time the parking area was being used as overflow parking for a local van dealership.  If we get 30 people turning up in 30 tour buses, parking will be a challenge.  Actually, 30 people turning up in 30 Nissan Micras will probably still be something of a challenge ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    TTony said:

IIRC, last time the parking area was being used as overflow parking for a local van dealership.  If we get 30 people turning up in 30 tour buses, parking will be a challenge.  Actually, 30 people turning up in 30 Nissan Micras will probably still be something of a challenge ...
    Perhaps a local Leicester-ite could do a recce for me? If not, I'll look into local car parks to see if there's an overspill provision

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    Just in case anybody's wondering, I'm seriously regretting suggesting Cupid's Dead now. Still can't play the interlude properly.
    <space for hire>
    Just in case anybody's wondering, I'm seriously regretting suggesting Cupid's Dead now. Still can't play the interlude properly.
    Seriously glad I didn't volunteer bass for it!!!!
    When I saw it on the list I was impressed! 
    Thanks. That helps so much ;)
    TimmyO said:
    The thing is, it's not hard because it's fast (it isn't, particularly), or the fact that there's a lot of "Nuno" timing (there is). It's just absolutely relentless. There's no "YES! I GOT PAST THE HARD BIT!" relief, because there's another impossible bit of timing, picking or fingering (shush at the back) immediately after it.

I might just record it ahead of time and mime...after all, the Helix has a looper... ;)
    <space for hire>
    TimmyO said:
    The thing is, it's not hard because it's fast (it isn't, particularly), or the fact that there's a lot of "Nuno" timing (there is). It's just absolutely relentless. There's no "YES! I GOT PAST THE HARD BIT!" relief, because there's another impossible bit of timing, picking or fingering (shush at the back) immediately after it.

I might just record it ahead of time and mime...after all, the Helix has a looper... ;)
    I will be indulging in a moment of quiet respect when you get up to attempt it ;)
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Alnico said:
    Alnico said:

I was right enough.

What time do I need to get to yours @Alnico?
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • Just in case anybody's wondering, I'm seriously regretting suggesting Cupid's Dead now. Still can't play the interlude properly.
    Well you need it spot on...because I'm doing vocals and I'll be making a cuppa during the instrumental. I'll need it correct to know when I've got to walk back in the room ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Well you need it spot on...because I'm doing vocals and I'll be making a cuppa during the instrumental. I'll need it correct to know when I've got to walk back in the room ;) 
    ...also not helping :P
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    TimmyO said:

sounds like some of the Funk stuff - it's not enough to be able tp play the part with good timing - you have to do it a zillion times in a row perfectly with perfect timing - it's brutal (but doesn't sound it) 
    Nikko said:
    Alnico said:
    Alnico said:

I was right enough.

What time do I need to get to yours @Alnico?
    In a car with no holdups and normal speed, you want 1hr 30 minutes from leaving my place to getting there.
    If you get to ours for around 09:45 and we can be away by 10, we're cool.
    There are a couple of different routes from here and Saturday morning should be ok.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    OK cool. 
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • TTony said:

Perhaps a local Leicester-ite could do a recce for me? If not, I'll look into local car parks to see if there's an overspill provision

I shall detour that way on way home from work one day this week, saturday latest.

TTony said:

I shall detour that way on way home from work one day this week, saturday latest.

Super job - thanks!
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    Some of the stuff being posted is going right over my head, and, I too am suffering from work (and holiday) restricted practice time, not to mention I still need to buy a guitar strap and maybe a guitar stand (thats how far behind I am), but I am intending to be there with guitars and my amp, for the shootout, and just to meet people, learn and see how things pan out.

plus ...I am in Leicester tomorrow so, time allowing will check the car park.
    TADodger said:
    Some of the stuff being posted is going right over my head, and, I too am suffering from work (and holiday) restricted practice time, not to mention I still need to buy a guitar strap and maybe a guitar stand (thats how far behind I am), but I am intending to be there with guitars and my amp, for the shootout, and just to meet people, learn and see how things pan out.

plus ...I am in Leicester tomorrow so, time allowing will check the car park.
    Don't fret it... turn up, see how you feel, you may want to join in, you may not. Doesn't matter. 
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    Thanks @Bridgehouse, the feeling I've got all along from the thread is just that, so my plan has been; do (learn) what I can but turn up and enjoy the day (and learn more) if that's ok?

TADodger said:
    Thanks @Bridgehouse, the feeling I've got all along from the thread is just that, so my plan has been; do (learn) what I can but turn up and enjoy the day (and learn more) if that's ok?

That's just how we intended it to be!
    I can't help thinking that many folks here are getting pretty tense about this, so in my mind this isn't about ability at all, that said I enjoy learning and also showing others the little I do know.

I see this more of a social scene, meet a few people, exchange some thoughts, see or try some different kit etc

I would hope that almost everyone will go away armed with some snippet of information of some use.

So...if anyone is around the Walsall area prior to the Jam and want to hook for an hour to jam a few acoustic songs, drop me a line, or I will be on hand on the day to enlighten you to my versions of the following.

Acoustic Open mic songs

1. Hey Ho - Lumineers
    2. Olivers Army - Elvis Costello
    3. Yellow - Coldplay
    4. Rocket Man - Elton John
    5. Nothing ever happens - Del Amitri
    6. Black & Gold - Sam Sparro
    7. Get it On  - T Rex
    8. Children of the revolution - T Rex
    9. Desire - U2
    10. Dancing in the Moonlight - Lizzy
    11. Norwegian Wood - Beatles
    12. Day Tripper  - Beatles
    13. Jailhouse rock - Elvis
    14. Ziggy Stardust - Bowie
    15. Sit down - James
    16. Dakota  - Stereophonics
    17. Mrs Robinson - Simon & Garfunkel
    18. Horse with no Name - America
    19. London Calling - Clash
    20. Pretty Vacant - Pistols
    21. Happy House - Siousoux and Banshees
    22. 20th Century Boy - T rex
    23. Town called Malice - Jam
    24. Roxanne  - Police
    25. Hey Jude - Beatles
    26. 500 miles - Proclaimers
    27. Dreadlock Holiday - 10cc
    28. Rule the world - Tears for fears
    29. Hide your love way - Beatles
    30. Across the universe - Beatles
    31. Over my shoulder - Carrick
    32. Dont dream its over - Crowded house
    33. Tainted Love - Soft Cell
    34. Rain on me - Travis
    35. Give a little bit - Supertramp
    36. Back for good - Take That
    37. In My life - Beatles
    38. For No one - Beatles
    39. One day like this - Elbow
    40. Keane - Last time
    41. Squeeze - Up the junction
    42. U2 - One
    43. U2 - Desire
    44. Bowie -Rebel Rebel
    45. Billy Idol - White Wedding
    46. Beatles - Across the Universe
    47. Elbow - One day like this

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    I would love to come along if possible, especially after recent events have given me a second chance !

Getting there might be a bit of an issue though, unless some kind soul from around this way is going, and could help me out with a car share.

Any chance of a lift ?  I live in Ludlow BTW, and don't take up too much space, honest !

If I can get there I am also very happy to help out in any way I can, so let me know if there is anything I can do.  I have lots of dusty and disparate skills, all a little rusty !
     The time is getting nearer, and I have just found out that my lift, courtesy of Monofin, is no longer available as he has had to pull out ~ HELP !!!

Is any kind soul able to give me a lift on the day please ?

The option of public transport is difficult from here to Leicester (multiple changes), and with the ever changing medication that I am on after my recent heart attack (don't be put off), I would probably end up in Edinburgh, or even Saint Petersburg, or somewhere more exotic !  So probably not advisable for a number of reasons.

Having had a second chance, I really want to be a part of this while I know I still can, if at all possible

Is anyone able to help me out please ?

Like to help dude...but Im in Walsall...about 1 1/2 hr the wrong way

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    spark240 said:
    Like to help dude...but Im in Walsall...about 1 1/2 hr the wrong way
    No worries my friend.     Many thanks for taking the time to consider and reply, much appreciated.  I guess there's not too many of us over this way.  Shame, as it would be good to meet up with a few forumites aside from this event.

Ludlow does seem to be close to places on the map, but remote when it comes to transport options.  Being car-less for the first time in my life is a rude awakening !   Living in Ludlow does make up for it in other ways though, thankfully...