Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!! - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    TTony said:
     you need to be there mate. Pm me, I'll either pick you up Friday night and you can crash at mine or go the long way round once I've picked up @jonnybradford on Saturday morning. 

Do I really need to wear that blue dress again ?
    It's so hard to play guitar with those shoulder pads, and it plays havoc with my G string   :o
    I so wanted to wear the red one this time, as it goes with the colour of my eyes first thing on a Saturday morning !   ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    I'll either pick you up Friday night and you can crash at mine or go the long way round once I've picked up @jonnybradford on Saturday morning.
    WOW !  ~  that's a extraordinarily kind and generous offer, thank you for that.

@Legionreturns ~ it is a ridiculously long way out of your way though.  As @Alnico has said many times on here, this day is for you guys (why no gals?) attending.  I cannot see how you could possibly cover all those miles and be fresh and relaxed to get the best out of your own day, and that really matters to me.  I really want to be there, but not at any cost...

I'll contact you by PM to talk further...

You have a kind and decent heart, I wish the world was home to more folk like you, it would become a much better place  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    @ChrisMusic

Chris, I know you've had a tough time and you've said yourself here lots of times how lucky we are to be alive, so I'm going to phrase this with all the kindness and gentle comfort good friends afford each other at times like this..........

Stop being such a fucking TART, take the lift, grab your guitar and come out with your mates.
    Ok?

Looking forward to seeing you,......SMILING !

Anyone who doesn't smile on the day will be shot.
    Survivors will be shot again.

Of course, I'm only joking........

....If you survive the first round of bullets, we'll let you go but we're still keeping all your gear.

:)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Yeah why no girls does anyone know Mary Spender lets invite her? ;)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    @bigjon just checking, my workshop needs are the basics of soloing as I tend to reach for a slide as that's where I'm comfortable. I've done a lot of work 're the songs and any feedback is welcome.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    slacker said:
    @bigjon just checking, my workshop needs are the basics of soloing as I tend to reach for a slide as that's where I'm comfortable. I've done a lot of work 're the songs and any feedback is welcome.
    OK noted.
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    Thanks
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7962
    edited August 2017
    @bigjon  I've been shit at practicing for the workshops. Too busy trying to learn my songs. I'll get on it this week but don't expect miracles! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    Less than a week to go!!

Hope your bums aren't squeaking too much ;)
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Less than a week to go!!

Yeah...just realised I actually do need to know how to operate the looper and the Kemper !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Less than a week to go!!

After your comments on that other thread, you can leave my bum out of it! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    Less than a week to go!!

After your comments on that other thread, you can leave my bum out of it! 
    Haha! 

I can confirm that I will be bringing a bass. That is all.
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    I just thought, as a home player who sits next to my amp I only have a 2m lead for my guitar. Do I need to buy a longer one, and, if so, how long?
    TADodger said:
    I just thought, as a home player who sits next to my amp I only have a 2m lead for my guitar. Do I need to buy a longer one, and, if so, how long?
    Minimum 5m (20ft ish).
    They're not small rooms so unless you want to stand right next to your amp, get at least one 20ft ish lead. If you use pedals the short one can go in front and the long one run to the amp but you'll still be tied by the short lead to that distance away from your pedals.

My local sells reasonable leads at around £10. They won't last years but they will last a fair while (If coiled up properly) and they'll be great for Saturday.

I bet you get a pair of 20ft's for £20 or less.

@Danny1969 makes leads to order - not sure if there's time before Saturday but you could ask him?
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4255
    TADodger said:j
    No you'll always be able to borrow one. I'll be bringing a few spare.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Id like to sit in on any of the @bigjon workshop bits when Im not playing/jamming on drums in the second room, but am happy to sit in on whatevers being taught at the time. Thanks.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    Thanks @hyweig
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4537
    i keep dropping into this thread and just feeling extreme jealous :-( 

im off on my jollies tomorrow morning so couldnt make it. Hope you all have an amazing day (even you @Bridgehouse)

i look forward to seeing some of the videos and putting faces to names though 

It's taken all day to find these words and I'm still not sure they're the right ones...

From out of nowhere and without any more warning than a few days of Natasha not seeming like herself, I was told on Monday evening that I can consider myself single from now on. Apparently, Natasha doesn't want to be my Wife anymore and she wants her own life.

Given that Morgan is and always has been due to leave to go and live with his Girlfriend in Holland anytime in the next 6 months, that means I'm pretty much losing my family all in one go.

I'm staying and Natasha's leaving.

I feel like I've been hit by a train.

I've talked this over with @Bridgehouse and despite his feelings that I should go and enjoy the day, I just can't. I can barely function.
    Mark says he can manage without me, I hope the rest of you can afford me some time to just come to terms with this.

@Nikko already knows he's not picking me up.
    @TTony can you please remove me from the songs and @bigjon , if you want to step into my place for 'Comfortably Numb' at the end, I'm sure you won't have any problems with it.

I'm genuinely sorry everyone.

I'll stay here for the rest of the week and keep adjusting the list and help with whatever if I can.
    After that,......I honestly don't know. I didn't see this coming.
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

I was genuinely shocked and lost for words when you told me earlier mate, and that hasn't changed.

You've got a good network of friends here, who im sure will be more than willing to lend an ear (or a shoulder) should you need it.

You will be missed on the day, but im sure everyone completely understands why you wont be able to attend.

All the best mate.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    Nikko said:

........You've got a good network of friends here, who im sure will be more than willing to lend an ear (or a shoulder) should you need it.............

That's the only thing keeping me going.

If you're reading this and you're one of them, Thank You !
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    Oh holy sh*t dude.

Can only echo what Nikko said we are all here as friends for you.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • adampeteradampeter Frets: 765
    @Alnico ;
    I dont know you personally mate but i'm really sorry to hear that, chin up and thanks for all you have done to arrange this
    Adam

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Oh man, so sorry for you. 
    @Alnico ;

I know it's hard at the minute mate, I really do - I would say give it until Friday to see how you feel. If you still don't want to come, then no worries, but if you change your mind then you will find a room full of very supportive people ready for you. 

You could play, not play, just turn up for a change of scenery or whatever. 

Think on it and let us know Friday - you've done enough for this day to have the right to think on it a bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 680
    Knocked sideways to hear this, Alnico, of course I'll step in to play or sing where you're unable to, including Comfortably Numb. I hope you end up being able to make it in the end, but if not I'll help people with run-throughs etc on the songs in your stead, no problem.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    edited August 2017
    I can pretty much guarantee that you'd have a better time with us on Saturday, than *not* with us.

I think I can understand you not feeling like it right now, but keep that thought in your head, and maybe find the energy to come over and spend some time with your mates?

You certainly have an "interesting" life .... you've made it through everything else and you'll make it through this too.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Thats super Sh*te news bud, totally get it if you want to give it a miss, but....it still would be real nice to say Hello & thanks in person after all this organising ! ...Stay busy and keep in touch....things will work out somehow..

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    Thanks for your thoughts.

@TTony , If it wasn't such a big blow I'd say you're right but in this case I'm zombie-like knocked sideways.
    I actually just need VERY quiet days to myself.

I've considered whether to be really angry about her timing but I'm just too dazed to be angry.

Could I respectfully ask anyone who wants to comment on this small part of Saturday's Jam session to PM me and not make this a focal point of the thread? I'll try to reply, I just don't want this to be the centre of attention, there are 29 other people all looking forward to this.

I'll be better on my own until this feeling leaves me but until then, basic daily function is a struggle but just about possible. To go on Saturday seems impossible to me but in deference to @Bridgehouse and his request, I'll see how I feel Thursday night. I honestly don't expect it to change because I'm only running on emergency systems inside and none of that is about what Saturday is about.
    Whoever is next on the reserve list would do themselves a favour by at least trying to be free on Saturday.
    I give this another day but ......

I'm just lost for words.
    Sorry.
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4255
    @Alnico , @TTony , I'm sorry to do this at this late stage but I'm going to have to pull out as my car has just been written off by a tosser pulling out of a side road so at the moment I have no vehicle and will likely have to spend the weekend going to look at replacements.