Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!! - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fretboard Jam - 2017 Leicester - 2nd September - Running Order V4 Now up!!

What's Hot

Comments

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    I'll jump onto anything I feel I can make a reasonable noise on If needed 
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1625
    @Alnico You know my thoughts. Whatever's best for you man.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1625
    Yeah why no girls does anyone know Mary Spender lets invite her? ;)
    I would love it if she came. I've always wanted to try a Vigier!
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    ennspek said:
    Given that a) I doubt she knows this place even exists, and b) any attempts to persuade her to join would come across as pretty creepy, I'd say it's fairly unlikely to happen ;)
    <space for hire>
    OK, urgent appeal - does anyone attending have a video camera or two (and tripods!) they'd be happy to use for the day? Of my two video cameras, one now refuses to fire up and the other one's gone missing entirely.

I'm having a bit of a bad day.
    <space for hire>
  • OK, urgent appeal - does anyone attending have a video camera or two (and tripods!) they'd be happy to use for the day? Of my two video cameras, one now refuses to fire up and the other one's gone missing entirely.

I thought we were not doing vid/pics??
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24559
    OK, urgent appeal - does anyone attending have a video camera or two (and tripods!) they'd be happy to use for the day? Of my two video cameras, one now refuses to fire up and the other one's gone missing entirely.

Yes, but more accurately, no.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    ennspek said:
    Given that a) I doubt she knows this place even exists, and b) any attempts to persuade her to join would come across as pretty creepy, I'd say it's fairly unlikely to happen ;)
    But but but... yeah OK you are right of course!

But if you google yourself and find this, sign up Mary Spender we are all really nice :)
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • OK, urgent appeal - does anyone attending have a video camera or two (and tripods!) they'd be happy to use for the day? Of my two video cameras, one now refuses to fire up and the other one's gone missing entirely.

Eh....!?!!?
    ennspek said:

But if you google yourself and find this, sign up Mary Spender we are all really nice :)
    She can join the f***ing reserve list like everyone else!!!

@strumjoughlamps ;I believe the final arrangement was anyone playing at any point could veto videoing that performance, but there would be some videoing of willing participants...  I'll be happy to be corrected by any of the organising team.

@digitalscream I do have a digital SLR that does video (a Nikon D3200) but no tripod (don't tell the ladies though) or decent mic, not sure if that helps?!

Eh....!?!!?
    It's a polite way of saying "there's been 14 pages of debate on the topic, and the answer is no videos unless all participants agree to it"
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    The idea was not to add to the pressure by filming everything....but some of us are happy to be filmed as a long as everyone playing at that time agrees then it's ok. Plus the big Floyd number at the end, and maybe some of the amp shoot out?

anyway i don't have a camera so can't help
    there. 
    The idea was not to add to the pressure by filming everything....but some of us are happy to be filmed as a long as everyone playing at that time agrees then it's ok. Plus the big Floyd number at the end, and maybe some of the amp shoot out?

anyway i don't have a camera so can't help
    there. 
    Yep. That.

@strumjoughlamps ;I believe the final arrangement was anyone playing at any point could veto videoing that performance, but there would be some videoing of willing participants...  I'll be happy to be corrected by any of the organising team.

@digitalscream I do have a digital SLR that does video (a Nikon D3200) but no tripod (don't tell the ladies though) or decent mic, not sure if that helps?!

OK. I have a tripod (crappy, but it works), but no simple immediate means of recording audio. I'll figure something out...

What's the recording capacity? Irritatingly, the camera that's gone missing had my only 64GB card in it.
    <space for hire>
  • ahh cool, so when I yell out to Pretty Vacant I can have a camera in front of me just filming me then..?

I am okay if it is a no, but chuffed it's a yes..
    ahh cool, so when I yell out to Pretty Vacant I can have a camera in front of me just filming me then..?

I am okay if it is a no, but chuffed it's a yes..
    Maybe you should try a selfie stick ;)
    edited August 2017

@strumjoughlamps ;;I believe the final arrangement was anyone playing at any point could veto videoing that performance, but there would be some videoing of willing participants...  I'll be happy to be corrected by any of the organising team.

OK. I have a tripod (crappy, but it works), but no simple immediate means of recording audio. I'll figure something out...

What's the recording capacity? Irritatingly, the camera that's gone missing had my only 64GB card in it.
    Err.. I've got a 16GB card at the minute and that's my biggest available, I do have two of them so we can probably get by?

I'll bring the camera, even if only for my own personal use.

I hereby promise to not photo or video anyone without their express permission, especially @strumjoughlamps

Please can someone make sure I get a video of Plug In Baby - I promised a couple of people they could see!

Edit: @digitalscream  camera has a standard small mic jack, I'll bring my only cheap microphone which will be better than the built in one, so we have something very basic at least
    ennspek said:

Don't listen to him Mary, I'll sneak you in ;)
    ennspek said:

Don't listen to him Mary, I'll sneak you in ;)
    I will be checking under all coats on the way in
    Mrs BH has to have the big car on Saturday to do dog rescue duties.

So with the small car, I'm limited on stuff space. Will bring amp and cab and small board, but am now limited to two basses. 

What shall I bring out of 

- 64P
    - 74P
    - MiM classic 50s P
    - Bridgehouse special 52 P mean green machine

?

Edit: @digitalscream  camera has a standard small mic jack, I'll bring my only cheap microphone which will be better than the built in one, so we have something very basic at least
    I believe I've got an iRig Mic Pre somewhere - it'll only be mono, but it means we can use a real condenser mic (I have an SE2000). This might work after all :)
    <space for hire>
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263

Eh....!?!!?
    It's a polite way of saying "there's been 14 pages of debate on the topic, and the answer is no videos unless all participants agree to it"
    Given I'm drumming on everything does that mean I have ultimate veto?

Ooooh, the power..... (This is why I will never be a forum mod)
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Ill throw a tripod in the car, surely if we all do some phone video we can upload all the footage to a dropbox and some one can make something from all the bits?

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Mrs BH has to have the big car on Saturday to do dog rescue duties.

So with the small car, I'm limited on stuff space. Will bring amp and cab and small board, but am now limited to two basses. 

What shall I bring out of 

- 64P
    - 74P
    - MiM classic 50s P
    - Bridgehouse special 52 P mean green machine

?
    @Bridgehouse.

1.  Whatever you want to play, and
    2.  Whatever you're happy for other people (incl me!) to play.

:)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    I can bring one guitar but I don't know which one:

I have two Suhr's, two Andersons, two Kinman's, 4 acoustics (2 of which I made), my Forshage, a couple of self build Tele's, and 3 basses.
    First person to reply with one of those gets to chose which one I bring.
    Forshage.
    Yay ... I won something!!!
    edited August 2017
    TTony said:
    Forshage.
    Done.
    I might even stick some new strings on it.
    NEWSFLASH: I've located the other camera...we'd left it at the studio. I've also got a camera mount for mic stands, which should be cool.

I may even be able to bring my laptop, an audio interface and a pair of AKG C1000S mics for a bit of stereo goodness. Remains to be seen how much time I'm going to have between now and then to get it all sorted, though.
    <space for hire>