Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). F***ing eBay w***ers! - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

F***ing eBay w***ers!

What's Hot

Comments

• What a palaver 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1296
    Quick and hopefully final update.

After they got notified of the ebay decision they messaged and said they’ve decided to return it for a refund. 

I replied that’s fine but I won’t be meeting up, please bring it to my house this evening. 

They’ve now decided to keep it.

FFS.  Fingers crossed that's the end of it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • We’ve been itching for a resolution 
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Quick and hopefully final update...
    Yep, hope-flea!
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Watch it turn up on Ebay at twice the price, with all the faults forgotten and no mention of the new friends you'll be receiving with it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    I reared haematophagous insects for a research project twenty years ago. Normally you would expect most eggs to hatch next summer, unless they are in a warm and cosy box with one or more lamps. 

Like an incubator. 

Or a valve amp. 

Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I have sold loads of items on eBay, talking high value items and never had an issue thankfully. The highest value item was an Avalon L25 and fortunately I sold it and made all my money back as I got it for a bargain. My biggest issue with eBay is the seller fees, which is just extortionate, as a company they must make an absolute fortune! But it is the best market place for traffic. I am certainly glad to have found the fret board for buying/selling guitars as they are priced right on here and not marked up to account for fees. The more places like this the better!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4110
    I'd rather set fire to something than sell it in eBay.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3674
    Philtre said:
    I'd rather set fire to something than sell it in eBay.
    at least that would take care of the fleas
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • And just like a household pest that you can’t get rid of he’s back with 2 days to go until the return is closed forever.

After much thought I've decided I can't live with noise from this amp I'd like to get it back now soon as I can always get another it's virtually unused and not gotten into no changes made rsvp to arrange and we can be released from this”

Not going to lie, any politeness or goodwill has now evaporated.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Just ignore him.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    What a total tosser.

Name and shame so we can all add him to our blocklists.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sydneyblumenfeld 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Thanks.

Feel for you mate.
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 770
    I presume he still has to get it to you? 
    My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    What a little cunt.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • nero1701 said:
    I presume he still has to get it to you? 
    Yes, they have to deliver it to me in person.
  • Just ignore him.
    Unfortunately I’ve already replied when I was absolutely raging 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Just ignore him.
    Oh...share that..
    My Trading Feedback

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    sydneyblumenfeld 
    Here's the link to make it easy for everyone.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bmgt/BuyerBlock?
  • nero1701 said:
    Just ignore him.
    Oh...share that..
    “ You are joking right? This is just getting ridiculous now, are you going to change your mind for the tenth time in about half hour then if I accept the return? Fine just bring it back this evening at 5:30pm so I don’t have to deal with you anymore. I expect the amp to be treated for fleas beforehand as you mentioned that you had an infestation in your house and I’m not willing to have my house infested also so please get that done and bring it over this evening”

It could have been much worse to be fair 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Cock womble
    My Trading Feedback

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Having the Amp treated for fleas, and the risk around it would amount to damage and you can, under eBay policy, deduct part of the refund amount to account for this. You can raise it with eBay chat once he's back with the amp, though I'm not sure how it would work with an in person return. https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/condition-returned-items-policy?id=4763
    Having the Amp treated for fleas, and the risk around it would amount to damage and you can, under eBay policy, deduct part of the refund amount to account for this. You can raise it with eBay chat once he's back with the amp, though I'm not sure how it would work with an in person return. https://www.ebay.co.uk/help/policies/member-behavior-policies/condition-returned-items-policy?id=4763

There won't be any fleas.  It's all horseshit, like having to buy some valves from the USA.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    I'd want to check it still has the valves you gave it to him with... 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I'd want to wait until he arrives, say you've changed your mind about the return, and tell him to fuck off.
    FTFY.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    Confleactive buyer. Avoid. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 426
    Sorry you're having to deal with this, had a similar joker when I sold my PS4 eBay eventually sided with me as they never showed any sign of actually shipping the item back.
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    nero1701 said:
    Just ignore him.
    Oh...share that..
    “ You are joking right? This is just getting ridiculous now, are you going to change your mind for the tenth time in about half hour then if I accept the return? Fine just bring it back this evening at 5:30pm so I don’t have to deal with you anymore. I expect the amp to be treated for fleas beforehand as you mentioned that you had an infestation in your house and I’m not willing to have my house infested also so please get that done and bring it over this evening”

How did you get on?
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    edited October 2023
    nero1701 said:
    Just ignore him.
    Oh...share that..

How did you get on?
    5:33PM...give him chance...he's probably still bouncing a flea-infested amp off the guy's head in his driveway!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter