Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fender Tone Master Pro Leaked - Digital & Modelling Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fender Tone Master Pro Leaked

What's Hot

Comments

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    There are quite a few posts on the TGP thread, obviously, including a brief video (but no demo).

Leaked early to provide hype. 

Official release day is tomorrow apparently - await 1 million Youtube reviews (ADVERTS).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1287

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Any paid reviews by YouTubers on new products by companies don’t interest me.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1287

Any paid reviews by YouTubers on new products by companies don’t interest me.

I get it, but the sounds are the sounds, and it sounds... Fine? His own presets were decent, but the user presets were pretty awful IMO.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    Tenebrous said:

I get it, but the sounds are the sounds, and it sounds... Fine? His own presets were decent, but the user presets were pretty awful IMO.
    I usually ignore stock presets and start from
    scratch. 

I doubt Fender would release a substandard product at this price point, I bet it’s great, but will it be difficult to break into the market share of Helix etc?

Line 6 in particular have a proven record of good customer service with the Helix/HX products, and the periodic updates have been, and hopefully will continue to be fantastic. 

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The touch screen doesn't look particularly responsive for a touch device. Based on these first few demos, I'm mostly intrigued by the FRFR, looks like it's a couple of speakers in there.
  • HT986M2HT986M2 Frets: 25
    edited October 2023
    I just watched Ola's video.  Sounds good, and appears to be an amalgamation of all the other HQ modellers out there at the minute. In a good way I mean.  There are features that immediately recognisable as having come from the Helix, Headrush and QC.

That is a very high price though, so this would have to absolutely nail everything.  There looked to be a small amount of lag in the touch screen, but if they've had to bury it under a thick slab of glass (or equiv.) for long-term durability then that makes sense.

I think it will come down to long-term support.  People seem to be very disappointed by the long-term support and updates for the QC.  Fractal & Line 6 are the only ones who appear to be completely on the ball with long-term product support in the market.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1659
    HT986M2 said:
     Line 6 are the only ones who appear to be completely on the ball with long-term product support in the market.
    Fractal?
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    edited October 2023
    Theyre not paid for, "I reached out to them and they sent me a £1500 pedal for free to review" ....Hmm that sound like a benefit in kind to me..
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HT986M2HT986M2 Frets: 25
    Nerine said:
    HT986M2 said:
     Line 6 are the only ones who appear to be completely on the ball with long-term product support in the market.
    Fractal?
    Yep, good point.  Forgot about them.  Edited.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    edited October 2023
    Out now. Guitarguitar All the usual suspects have it in stock for £1649.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    Whitecat said:
    Out now. Guitarguitar have it in stock for £1649.
    That's a lot of money! I hope it can compete with the Helix and exceed it for that price. My HX Stomp, whilst obviously much slimmer and with less features, was about £400 and is regularly updated!
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1499
    HT986M2 said:
    I think it will come down to long-term support.  People seem to be very disappointed by the long-term support and updates for the QC.  Fractal & Line 6 are the only ones who appear to be completely on the ball with long-term product support in the market.
    Kemper?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • At GAK, it's £2k for the TM Pro/Speaker bundle... if I were to move to digital modelling, a Kemper set-up looks way better for roughly the same money. 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    NeuralDSP just announced a permanent price reduction to the Quad Cortex too... $1799 USD/EUR. Fascinating timing.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Prices from PMT:
    • £1,649 – Fender Tone Master Pro Multi Effects Platform
    • £519 – Fender Tone Master FR-12 Flat Response Speaker
    • £469 – Fender Tone Master FR-10 Flat Response Speaker
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3301
    edited October 2023
    They've got the signal chain the wrong way round. Should be right to left, as per a pedalboard. 
  • Anyone remember the Cyber-Twin?! That makes me feel old, but it was a cool system at the time! This reminds me of it, in a good way!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    It does look great to be fair, but it’s a serious investment.

The Helix LT I bought felt like a lot of money at half the price of this, but I’d already used HX Stomp and Effects so felt like I had enough confidence in the product.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Just saw Fender's official video ad for it.  Maybe I'm just so used to my HX FX but I didn't realise this Tone Master Pro is so  mahoosive.
  • CarpeDiemCarpeDiem Frets: 248
    I suspect that this will be the flagship model (hence calling it a Pro), and will subsequently followed by less expensive models with fewer features. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    Lebarque said:
    They've got the signal chain round the wrong way. Should be right to left. 

All modellers are left to right.

Pedals were only right to left because of where the output jack on a right handed guitar was. It's far more logical to have it in standard left to right reading order.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • MaakMaak Frets: 52
    $1800 when there’s stuff like Helix, Quad Cortex & Fractal FM plus used Axe FX  it’s going to have to be shit hot . If they can get someone famous to use it  it might sell a few
    yeah I would have thought they'd try and price it in between the helix and fractal/quad cortex to be competitive
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Does look very good. For that money I would build an analog rig though lol
  • willowillo Frets: 240
    I'm more interested in the FRFR, purely because it will look cool on stage. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 303
    I just saw 5 videos of the Tone Master, sorry but sounded like crap, the overdrives were harsh and uninspiring, the sound of the different amps was meh, and some of them were again harsh super trebly at 12 o clock knob.

I don't see the point changing from Helix or Fractal to this many of the reviewers were not impressed, one of them just bluntly said "This won't replace a fractal".

I wouldn't be so critical if it was half the price competing more with the Headrush but when you go straight up and compete with the big dogs you need to show up.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 9752
    I like the footswitchers also being encoders, that's a good move and makes sense as long as they stay reliable. Other than that in the Andertons video I watched it didn't sound any better than anything else ... inc the £350 Pod Go. What they play doesn't help though .. noodling around single note stuff doesn't really show anything, I want to hear how it sounds when playing dirty chords with more than a root and fifth

I wouldn't pay £500 for a power cab just because it looked like a Fender amp. I don't really give a shit what an amp looks like and neither does the audience. If anyone is into that then get yourself an Icepower module and install it in a Hot Rod chassis or similar Fender chassis. I've got one in a Marshall 2 X 12" combo. 

The things that strike me are 

Is is usable if the screen smashes ... has it got Ipad control so it's not game over if the screen goes faulty .. like a digital mixing desk has. 

Will the encoders stand up to being stood on with wet boots and mud off them sliding down the shafts. 

Will the DSP chip overheat .. the Tonemasters have a large heatsink to help in the amps, have they done something other than passive cooling in the floor board 

Has it got a decent USB socket or have they used a cheap socket with a low insert duty cycle .. like on a printer for example. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    It looks like the robot 's face from Short Circuit.

That's all I got.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • guitarmanglerguitarmangler Frets: 557
    edited October 2023
    GoFish said:
    It looks like the robot 's face from Short Circuit.

That's all I got.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter