Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Can you categorically state which film you have watched most? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Can you categorically state which film you have watched most?

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    BillDL said:
    If I counted up the number of minutes I've watched of the same DVD but never managed to stayed awake to see more than the first third of the movie, it would probably be Mystic River with Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, and Kevin Bacon.  I've had the DVD for about 15 years and have probably put it on to watch about 6 times a year, so say 0.5 hours x 6 times a year x 15 years = 45 hours worth of one-eyed watching before drifting off and wakening up on the couch at 3am.
    I wouldn't bother watching until the end, it's not worth it.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 390
    Yes, Excalibur by John Boorman.. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stickersticker Frets: 868
    Back to the future, Star Wars followed closely by The Blues Brothers 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • The Blues Brothers, I simply love the music in it, so have used it as a soundtrack and watched it more times than I can count or remember.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 102
    If we are talking partial movies, then it’s probably something like one of the first three Star Wars (Ep 4,5,6) or Die Hard as it’s shown on TV every Xmas. 

In definitive full movie terms, it’s the Matrix without a doubt. 

I was a freshman in college when it came out, and file sharing and handicam rips were rampant on the local network. The Matrix is my all time fav, so I had a rip that I watched non-stop. 

When DVDs became more mainstream I bought a DVD player (last 2 years of college) and that was the only DVD we had for quite a while. It was glorious. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    It must be Dirty Harry for me.
    I play at my dining room table.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3464
    A Canterbury tale (1944).
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 878
    pt22 said:
    I was a freshman in college
    Did you make it to Chad Hogans party bro?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    Not sure of the winner but frequently watched

Soldier
    Dune
    Terminator 2
    Notting hill
    Overboard
    Jason and the argonaughts
    Fifth element
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    guitaraj said:
    Groundhog Day. 

Actually no, it's probably a toss-up between Star Wars and Raiders Of The Lost Ark
    FTFY
  • Star Wars
    Love Actually 
    Notting Hill
    Crocodile Dundee

The first cos I watched it at the cinema as a kid, then got the VHS, then the DVD. Then had kids and watched the whole Star Wars set with them.

The rest because they seem to have a 5 week spell of being on the TV at least every year and if you accidentally catch it, you just can’t switch it off.
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 390
    pt22 said:
    If we are talking partial movies, then it’s probably something like one of the first three Star Wars (Ep 4,5,6) or Die Hard as it’s shown on TV every Xmas. 

We're at opposite ends of the spectrum here - I've never seen a single Star Wars movie even once!  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    The Last Waltz. 
    Genuinely shocked at the popularity of love actually. :s Watched it for the first time last year, and lets just say, I wont be watching it again.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    Easy!

Spaceballs!

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

• Why aren't you all watching Ghostbusters more when it's obviously the best film? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5218
    Others which must be up there:

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
    Local Hero
    Back to the Future trilogy

I meant April. ~ Simon Weir

Bit of trading feedback here.

I haven't watched it more times than anything else, but I'd like to mention it anyway because it is extremely watchable (and it's by far the best Star Trek movie ever, without being a Star Trek movie at all):

Galaxy Quest.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Why aren't you all watching Ghostbusters more when it's obviously the best film? 
    Cos we're watching The Big Lebowski instead :)
    Why aren't you all watching Ghostbusters more when it's obviously the best film? 
    Cos we're watching The Big Lebowski instead :)
    Fargo.

(Not the "best film", but my favourite Coens one, I think.)
    It was certainly one of the best from 1984. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Philly_Q said:
    I haven't watched it more times than anything else, but I'd like to mention it anyway because it is extremely watchable (and it's by far the best Star Trek movie ever, without being a Star Trek movie at all):

Galaxy Quest.

What a classic movie! Superb script, both funny and also very touching. That one scene with Quellek and Alan Rickman brings a tear to my eye every time. 

By Grabthar's hammer!!!!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Why aren't you all watching Ghostbusters more when it's obviously the best film? 
    Ray if someone asks you are you a god you say yes.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Big Wet Butts Compilation (2019)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    axisus said:
    Philly_Q said:

Galaxy Quest.

What a classic movie! Superb script, both funny and also very touching. That one scene with Quellek and Alan Rickman brings a tear to my eye every time. 

By Grabthar's hammer!!!!
    Only seen it about 4 times. The cast is awesome. The writing spot on and the aliens are genius. It was filmed for an adult audience and the studio had it edited for 8 year olds. It works better imho. 

Of the many brilliant scenes the one where Alan rickman just loses it with the alien guard is moving, funny and a yes moment for the character.
    SpoonMan said:
    It was certainly one of the best from 1984. 

Nothing more annoying than when you see 'ghostbusters' in the TV guide, you think "oo ghostbusters is on" so put it on and it's the one with the women in it! At least call it something else FFS, "Ghostbusters (the shit one)" or something like that.

I still remember watching ghostbusters at the pictures when I was a kid. I kept the poster for years.
    Keiko said:
    Nothing more annoying than when you see 'ghostbusters' in the TV guide, you think "oo ghostbusters is on" so put it on and it's the one with the women in it! At least call it something else FFS, "Ghostbusters (the shit one)" or something like that.
    It's still better than Ghostbusters: Afterlife....
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I rented This is Spinal Tap on VHS and watched it five times in a day and have watched it several times since. So probably that. 

We used to use clips of Nil by Mouth for something at work so I have seen those clips dozens and dozens of times. So if we can include total viewing time rather than just watched the whole thing its Kathy Burke being intimidated by Ray Winstone. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
  • The Wall must be up there for me too.