Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Can you categorically state which film you have watched most? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Can you categorically state which film you have watched most?

What's Hot
axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
I'm not someone who watches stuff to death, most of my fave films I've seen 3-5 times. I go many years between rewatching, for example, Inception was a stunning film for me, blew my mind but I haven't yet watched it again since its release in 2010! (About time I rewatched). Likewise Watchmen, which I haven't seen since release.

Anyway, I have watched one film many times. Every year at Xmas I watch Scrooge (the musical). For me it is such a joyous film, and perfectly captures the spirit of the season. Even now I am looking forward to seeing it again. That has probably been going for at least 15 years for me, so definitely my winner. 

Back in my college days (early 80s) my best pal at the time was obsessed with Vietnam. I remember he watched Apocalypse now many many times. 

Got a most watched film?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    My autistic son is obsessed with repetition and we watch the Nightmare Before Christmas every halloween and we watch Elf every Christmas Eve.  I've watch Star Wars and Empire many times each and the LOTR films.

The film I have watched the most though is still Life of Brian which I have watched countless times and still cracks me up even thinking about it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6460
    My Christmas film of choice is The Bishop's Wife with Cary Grant et al.  Used to have it on VHS, then DVD, now as MP4.  Must have seen it a couple of dozen times.

Back in 1973 you could buy a cinema ticket and stay in there all day on the weekdays.  So a group of us saw the double bill of Enter The Dragon and Cleopatra Jones nine times in one week! :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    A Matter Of Life And Death, almost certainly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Original Bladerunner.. all cuts
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    Someone will make a joke about Debbie Does Dallas...lol

But my most watched film is probably Laputa Castle in the Sky.  There was like a 3 month period where i watched it like 3 times a week.

The movie i have seen the most times in the cinema is La La Land, and then probably half a dozen times more at home.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    edited September 2023
    Either the original Star Wars film, A New Hope or  Rocky II. 

Both were faves as a kid when I had lots of time to watch films. 

Not sure which one but I’ve seen both of them many, many times. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Raiders of the Lost Ark
    The Apostle
    The Godfather
    Southern Comfort

• Withnail and I.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2295
    Terminator 2 without fail.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 6724
    Maybe Frozen or Frozen 2.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    Conan The Barbarian
    Police Academy
    Dune
    Trading Places
    Star Wars

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    I've watched because I wanted to watch it, then I'd say Godfather - all 3

Because my daughter wanted to watch it with me, then either High School Musical or Bob The Builders best ever Christmas
  • steersteer Frets: 1043
    edited September 2023
    Probably: 
    Airplane - loved it when I was a teen and still watch it from time to time now
    Toy Story / Toy Story 2 - My daughter used to watch when she was little several times a week
    Elf - Watch it most Christmas's 

• RoboCop
    Return of the Living Dead
    Day of the Dead.

Nice and highbrow.

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • All the old James Bond ones with Connery/Moore. ITV's Sunday after re-runs help with that.
    Oh and the Batman's. 1989 and Batman Returns I've watched loads of times but never gets old.
  • Spinal Tap
    Withnail and I
    The Big Leboswki

but I've seen John Carpenter's The Thing and Zodiac a few times as well...
    Just like a headless horse without a horse.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837

But my most watched film is probably Laputa Castle in the Sky.  There was like a 3 month period where i watched it like 3 times a week.

The movie i have seen the most times in the cinema is La La Land, and then probably half a dozen times more at home.
    Just watched Laputa yesterday, it's an enchanting film (like many of Ghibli's output). My most watched Ghibli is Porco Rosso, love that film. I must watch La La Land, i have it on DVD but have never got around to viewing it.

Most watched is probably The Thief of Baghdad, the one with Sabu and Rex Ingram as the genie. My son loved it as a child and we watched it many, many times together. The colour film stock they used is wonderful, it has a Kodachrome look to it - saturated reds and rich blues.
  • Return of the living dead
    Clerks
    American Beauty
    Natural Born Killers

There are likely many more. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • I'm absolutely certain it's either Donnie Darko or The White Stripes Under Blackpool Lights
  • SpoonManSpoonMan Frets: 138
    edited September 2023
    Possibly fear and loathing as I used to put it on while 'nodding' and ended up watching it over and over because I kept missing bits.

There's other films I've watched many times but not one in particular I've definitely watched the most I don't think. 
  • I’m certain that #1 is Ghostbusters, followed by (probably) Batman (89) and Goldfinger 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Empire Strikes Back.. .  probably just shades it over A New Hope
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8107
    Most watched would be the Toy Story films. Watched them countless times with the kids. I knew the scripts off by heart.

I was obsessed with Close Encounters of the Third Kind as a kid, so I've watched that dozens of time on video.

I watch Dr Zhivago every Christmas and the Mrs loves A Muppet Christmas Carol, so I've seen those a few times as well.
  • Natural Born Killers 
    Serenity
    Black Narcissus 
    Beat Street

Has to be one of those.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    edited September 2023
    I'd rather watch lots of different films than the same ones over and over, so even with my absolute favourite films I may have only watched them once or twice.  I'm also a bit superstitious when I watch something overwhelmingly brilliant that it may not have the same effect if I watch it again...

The Wicker Man's my favourite film and I've probably seen that five or six times, which is a lot for me.  And some of the Dario Argento and John Carpenter films, I've seen them a number of times.

But, the films I've actually watched the most are old, mainstream films which have been on TV a lot.  I'd like to think the winner was the 1931 Dracula or Frankenstein, but it's probably one of the Bond movies.  Or the last two thirds of Where Eagles Dare.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 5849
    Original Bladerunner.. all cuts
    Same here. Saw it on video back in 1984 and practically wore the tape out. 
    Others close to watching as much were Carrie (1976) and more recently Napoleon Dynamite.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • GrampaGrampa Frets: 825
    Lock Stock or Snatch, never get tired of either.
    My other passion is firearms! Does that make me a closet Redneck???
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    Grampa said:
    Lock Stock or Snatch, never get tired of either.
    Snatch was Brad Pitt's finest hour. Have watched it a few times and always enjoyable.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Love Actually ........probably my favourite of all time but if you think that's bad ........
    My wife has watched the wizard of Oz at least 80 times 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Amelie.
    Night of the Hunter.
    Fifth Element.
    Bullet (I love the car chase).