Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Can you categorically state which film you have watched most? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Can you categorically state which film you have watched most?

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Philly_Q said:
    I'd rather watch lots of different films than the same ones over and over, so even with my absolute favourite films I may have only watched them once or twice.  I'm also a bit superstitious when I watch something overwhelmingly brilliant that it may not have the same effect if I watch it again...

The Wicker Man's my favourite film and I've probably seen that five or six times, which is a lot for me.  And some of the Dario Argento and John Carpenter films, I've seen them a number of times.

But, the films I've actually watched the most are old, mainstream films which have been on TV a lot.  I'd like to think the winner was the 1931 Dracula or Frankenstein, but it's probably one of the Bond movies.  Or the last two thirds of Where Eagles Dare.

Nicholas Cage's finest performance!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Not with 100% certainty, but I saw The Crow 7 times in the cinema, and a couple since, so probably that. Heat is probably second. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Sassafras said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I'd rather watch lots of different films than the same ones over and over, so even with my absolute favourite films I may have only watched them once or twice.  I'm also a bit superstitious when I watch something overwhelmingly brilliant that it may not have the same effect if I watch it again...

The Wicker Man's my favourite film and I've probably seen that five or six times, which is a lot for me.  And some of the Dario Argento and John Carpenter films, I've seen them a number of times.

But, the films I've actually watched the most are old, mainstream films which have been on TV a lot.  I'd like to think the winner was the 1931 Dracula or Frankenstein, but it's probably one of the Bond movies.  Or the last two thirds of Where Eagles Dare.
    Nicholas Cage's finest performance!
    Not that one!  But you knew that....  As a remake, it's an insult to fans of the original film and I think Neil LaBute's a total arsehole for re-writing the story in such a ludicrous fashion.  But I do still enjoy Nic Cage's performance. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Seen Planes Trains and Automobiles a few times.…. cracks me up every time
  • @breakstuff Great picks. I think I’ve seen Day of the Dead more than Dawn. The Descent I’ve seen several times too. 

I know I’ll watch Last Night in Soho many more times (two or three so far). 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • Groundhog Day. 

Actually no, it's probably a toss-up between Star Wars: A New Hope and Raiders Of The Lost Ark
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Subconsciously , 21 Jump Street as the kids are forever putting it on.

Consciously as a solo performer I'd say either Jaws or The Godfather
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    JezWynd said:

Most watched is probably The Thief of Baghdad, the one with Sabu and Rex Ingram as the genie. My son loved it as a child and we watched it many, many times together. The colour film stock they used is wonderful, it has a Kodachrome look to it - saturated reds and rich blues.
    As a kid that was a magical film for me! It is just such a great tale. The Genie was so scary!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Dominic said:
    Love Actually ........probably my favourite of all time 
    I find that film strangely enchanting. I really like Hugh Grant's storyline, and it feels like a gut punch to feel Emma Thompson's pain. It was the first time I saw Kiera Knightley, she looks soooo lovely in the film.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Grampa said:
    Lock Stock or Snatch, 
    Sounds like chastity belt options
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    Laputa: Castle In The Sky

(Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli)

Not only my favourite animated film ever, my kids loved it as well and we watched it together over and over when they were small. I've probably seen the whole thing at least 20 times, and parts more than that.

After that, possibly Once Upon A Time In The West, although I'm not sure.

Blade Runner is the only film I've seen more than once at the cinema.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    When I was a kid it was Condorman, then Superman III (due to what we had on VHS)

But taking the title these days is Apocalypse Now by a fucking mile.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    Probably The Man Who Would be King. Sean Connery and Michael Caine both at the top of their form in this superb adaptation of a Rudyard Kipling short story 
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    axisus said:
    Grampa said:
    Lock Stock or Snatch, 
    Sounds like chastity belt options
    I lolled
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • Apocalypse now
    American Psycho 
    Bladerunner

One of them probably, as I find i can remember a lot of the dialogue. In recent years I've gone off watching films multiple times and I'd rather watch something new usually. Although I did watch Spinal Tap when it was on tv recently and it still makes me laugh. 
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 11457
    ICBM said:
    Laputa: Castle In The Sky

(Hayao Miyazaki/Studio Ghibli)

Not only my favourite animated film ever, my kids loved it as well and we watched it together over and over when they were small. I've probably seen the whole thing at least 20 times, and parts more than that.

After that, possibly Once Upon A Time In The West, although I'm not sure.

Blade Runner is the only film I've seen more than once at the cinema.
    Absolutely love once upon a time in the west. Great storyline, great cast, great soundtrack, great scenery. Have watched it a lot. 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Why is "categorically" important?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Who Dares Wins
     Boat that rocked
    Not sure if Die Hard counts as it’s a Christmas Tradition not a definite choice thing
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    Probably Thomas the Tank Engine or Tangled from when my daughter was young.

For myself, probably Back to the Future
  • Spinal Tap and Pulp Fiction 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 5837
    Actually, I wonder if it's Where Eagles Dare.
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    Which film you have watched most.

Happy?
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 4930
    edited September 2023
    Mary Poppins 
    Ferris Bueller’s day off
    Shawshank Redemption 
    Cool hand Luke
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    edited September 2023
    JezWynd said:
    Actually, I wonder if it's Where Eagles Dare.
    Yeah, for those of us of a certain age who grew up with three or four TV channels.

The more I think about it, there's Zulu, The Great Escape, The Italian Job, Escape to Victory, The Ipcress File, Marathon Man, The Boys From Brazil, any Dirty Harry film or spaghetti Western, The Magnificent Seven, numerous Tarzan movies (especially the Johnny Weismuller films), the Sinbad films, Jason and the Argonauts...  

And Carry On films!  God knows how many times I've seen all those.  And not necessarily even the better ones... the film I've actually watched most is probably Carry On Cruising or Carry On Girls.
  • KeikoKeiko Frets: 878
    Star Wars (new hope)
    Wizard of Oz
  • As a kid:
    Terminator 2
    Waynes World 2
    Aladdin

As an adult: 
    Princess Mononoke
    Blade Runner 2049
  • PoboyPoboy Frets: 430
    Anal Babes 4
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    The Music Box.

• SimonCSimonC Frets: 1322
    Probably The Great Escape, Spartacus and Ben Hur.

They just don’t make em like that anymore.

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    edited September 2023
    If I counted up the number of minutes I've watched of the same DVD but never managed to stay awake to see more than the first third of the movie, it would probably be Mystic River with Sean Penn, Tim Robbins, and Kevin Bacon.  I've had the DVD for about 15 years and have probably put it on to watch about 6 times a year, so say 0.5 hours x 6 times a year x 15 years = 45 hours worth of one-eyed watching before drifting off and wakening up on the couch at 3am.