Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Russell Brand allegations - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Russell Brand allegations

What's Hot

Comments

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1252
    I thought he was a whit, and obviously a philanderer living a rockstar life.  Fair enough.  

I now think he's a basically not very nice person.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2424
    Apparently he was warned some time ago that if he didn't shut his gob then the mainstream would be out to get him. He's using this now as his rallying call to his fans 'Infamy, infamy, they've all go it in for me'

He seems to have gone from comedian to sex addict to conspiracy commentator to alleged rapist in a relatively short space of time. If anything, the guy has got a lot to say for himself and about the world around us and I would expect this to deepen with more anger over the coming weeks/months.

Never heard of him? You will do.

Book out at Christmas no doubt. Bit of a rush job, but hey, strike while the iron's hot'.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I have actually fallen out with a couple of pals in the last few days over this topic, the whole claim it’s a “msm led character assignation because he knows too much “ is just utter tripe. The guys a fud, we are all aware of the Big Pharma thing, and corrupt politicians etc, him spouting about it on YouTube ( where he seems to make a fuck load of money for saying a lot of big words without really saying anything) makes fuck all difference. 

Wether or not he is a rapist remains to be seen , but he is a prize cunt as proven by his treatment of Sachs. 

Qué?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Shrews said:

Book out at Christmas no doubt. Bit of a rush blow job, but hey, strike while the iron's hot'.

FTFY.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285

Wether or not he is a rapist remains to be seen , but he is a prize cunt as proven by his treatment of Sachs. 
    I've always thought that he needs a good wash and a haircut and I dislike his style.
    He was particularly ungentlemanly to Rod Stewart by shouting about how he 'had a go on his daughter ' at some showbiz event and the Sachs incident was similar.
    No decent man would do that.
    I have no idea what's true or not but there's enough general footage to conclude he's pretty vile as a male human .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I have actually fallen out with a couple of pals in the last few days over this topic, the whole claim it’s a “msm led character assignation because he knows too much “ is just utter tripe. The guys a fud, we are all aware of the Big Pharma thing, and corrupt politicians etc, him spouting about it on YouTube ( where he seems to make a fuck load of money for saying a lot of big words without really saying anything) makes fuck all difference. 

At some point last year (?) someone on reddit posed the theory that Brand's lurch to "the right" was a ready made defence mechanism for when the long-rumoured "accusations" eventually came to light - allowing the 'witch hunt' defence to come to his rescue.

Sadly I'm cynical enough to find that entirely believeable. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I have actually fallen out with a couple of pals in the last few days over this topic, the whole claim it’s a “msm led character assignation because he knows too much “ is just utter tripe. The guys a fud, we are all aware of the Big Pharma thing, and corrupt politicians etc, him spouting about it on YouTube ( where he seems to make a fuck load of money for saying a lot of big words without really saying anything) makes fuck all difference. 

Qué?
    Andrew Sachs, aka Manual in Fawlty Towers.  Google it.  Brand is a legendary cunt.  Along with Ross.  Who is also a cunt.  A fucking big one with badly dyed hair.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    The thread about him the other day got closed pretty quickly, without (it seemed) anyone being particularly controversial.  I don't know if there's been so much news coverage now that it's a little less contentious.

It seems a little like the Jimmy Savile situation to me, everyone seems to have known about Brand but nobody really did anything, or those in authority turned a blind eye.  Why?  Just because he was popular?  At least it's come out while he's still alive...

I honestly can't remember what I thought of him when he was a regular on TV.  He could be funny, I think, but whenever he tried to talk in that pseudo-intellectual way he would use "big words" incorrectly or in the wrong context.  Which made him seem a bit of a tit.  I haven't seen any of his YouTube content and don't intend to.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_Q said:
    The thread about him the other day got closed pretty quickly, without (it seemed) anyone being particularly controversial.  I don't know if there's been so much news coverage now that it's a little less contentious.

It seems a little like the Jimmy Savile situation to me, everyone seems to have known about Brand but nobody really did anything, or those in authority turned a blind eye.  Why?  Just because he was popular?  At least it's come out while he's still alive...

I honestly can't remember what I thought of him when he was a regular on TV.  He could be funny, I think, but whenever he tried to talk in that pseudo-intellectual way he would use "big words" incorrectly or in the wrong context.  Which made him seem a bit of a tit.  I haven't seen any of his YouTube content and don't intend to.
    Yes sorry - I didn't realise there had been a thread on the subject recently - thats on me - apologies. I'd have no issue if this thread is closed. 
    edited September 2023
    Offset said:
    Brand is a legendary cunt.  Along with Ross.  Who is also a cunt.  A fucking big one with badly dyed hair.
    I was a big fan of Jonathan Ross, back in the early days when he did comedy/documentary/travelogue programmes and things like the Incredibly Strange Film Show.  Then for decades he's just settled into that lazy, second-rate-Graham-Norton chat show... and when he's on anything else it turns out he's really quite an arsehole who's never grown up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3663
    Schofield: Oh no, my career’s over, I’ll be forever thought of as no.2 to Jimmy Savile.

Brand: Hold my beer.
    I play at my dining room table.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    When bellends such as Andrew Tate and Elon Musk rush to your defence, that’s got to be a facepalm moment for him at best. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    WezV said:
    What we now know is that his persona was no act.  Whether the allegation are true or not, its no surprise they have happened.

I dont know how much is true, but I will say I think channel 4 are being very hypocritical.

I think it’s important to know the distinction between Channel 4 the commissioner and broadcaster and they production companies in these cases. 
    dindude said:
    When bellends such as Andrew Tate and Elon Musk rush to your defence, that’s got to be a facepalm moment for him at best. 
    Not forgetting Laurence Fox...
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    euan said:
    WezV said:
    What we now know is that his persona was no act.  Whether the allegation are true or not, its no surprise they have happened.

I dont know how much is true, but I will say I think channel 4 are being very hypocritical.

I think it’s important to know the distinction between Channel 4 the commissioner and broadcaster and they production companies in these cases. 

Yes that's a very good point. 

Channel 4 is essentially a commissioning house.

The team that make Dispatches are not the same people that make Big Brother etc.

On the one hand C4 are ad funded and so will be making good money from both ends of this story, but on the other hand they are holding themselves to account which is better than for example the Murdoch owned press which generally pretends anything they are implicated in doesn't exist.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Philly_Q said:
    Offset said:
    Brand is a legendary cunt.  Along with Ross.  Who is also a cunt.  A fucking big one with badly dyed hair.
    I was a big fan of Jonathan Ross, back in the early days when he did comedy/documentary/travelogue programmes and things like the Incredibly Strange Film Show.  Then for decades he's just settled into that lazy, second-rate-Graham-Norton chat show... and when he's on anything else it turns out he's really quite an arsehole who's never grown up.
    Me too.  Ross was a great film aficionado and had reasonably good taste in music.  Then it became apparent he was a smug, self-serving prick whose friendship with Brand pretty much consigned him to the cunt-bin.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Placidcasual79 said:

Now this.... 
    He's a scuzzball. He's always been a scuzzball.
    Sometimes he's been amusing, but more often not.
    Anyone that didn't see this coming has had blinders on.
  • I did like Russell Brand when he first came out, I read his bookywook back in the day. Afterwards I came to the conclusion he was bellend and had little to no regard for anyone elses feelings. His attitude towards women was horrendous, and it was all about his hedonistic pursuits.
    I did watch the dispatches program, and sadly not a lot surprised me. From what i gather he's said words along the lines of "i was a different man back then" and "people wanted me to be controversial". Whilst there may be some truth in some of that, it doesn't excuse his persistent behaviour or answering his hotel room half naked to a young intern.
    I do feel that if you are being defended by Andrew Tate, Tucker Carlson, GB news and Laurence Fox then maybe you aren't in the best company.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Philly_Q said:
    dindude said:
    Has he???!  Wow. That joker is completely off the charts. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    When you've got the likes of that American cunt Alex Jones defending you, that's when you know you're in the shit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2005
    Always found him unbearable
  • sinbaadi said:
    I thought he was a whit, and obviously a philanderer living a rockstar life.  Fair enough.  

I now think he's a basically not very nice person.
    The Venn diagram covering "philanderer living a rockstar life" and "basically not a very nice person" is basically one circle - the belief otherwise is one of the three worst things about rock music, along with killing off musicians and drugs.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • Dominic said:
    He was particularly ungentlemanly to Rod Stewart by shouting about how he 'had a go on his daughter ' at some showbiz event and the Sachs incident was similar.
    No decent man would do that.
    I have no idea what's true or not but there's enough general footage to conclude he's pretty vile as a male human .
    Very nicely put.
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Philly_Q said:
    dindude said:
    Please, I have been trying so hard to...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I think he's been pretty open throughout his career about his story and his struggles.
    Well not that open.... ALLEGEDLY of course.

Should always have been some warning signs there with someone who copied his mannerisms from A Clockwork Orange.
  • I watched that C4 Dispatches last night. That bit where he had Savile on the phone and he was offering his intern/PA to him was just horrible. In fact just hearing Savile's voice again was horrible enough. 
  • As some one who's appreciated his work from the beginning I am clear that there is an evident line that can be drawn in his thinking from the beginning to the present that demonstrates an evolution as opposed to any sort of radical change in position. for cynical reasons. I am surprised to see him being labelled as right wing. I would say thats an unhelpful over simplification of a complex position - but this isn't a political discussion and I am certainly not here to defend or explain his position or career - that just the perception of some one who's been following his stuff. 

It's certainly not any sort of comment on these allegations.

And I fully accept that you're in a tough spot when Andrew Tate and Laurence Fox are coming to your defence. 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    I don't like Russell Brand, and that Sachsgate thing was completely awful.  I've not followed this latest story in detail, but it's only in the last day or two that any women have come forward to the police, and that was only one the last I heard.  The way he is being treated by the press claiming rape in cases where isn't even a criminal investigation doesn't seem right.

This needs to go through the whole legal process.  If he did rape someone, then it needs to be investigated by the police, and go to court.  It shouldn't just be a massive pile on in the press.

If he goes to court and is found guilty, then fine, but at the moment this mainly seems to be a gutter press feeding frenzy.

I'm also not sure it's right for YouTube to demonetise his account just based on a press frenzy.  I'm not going to watch any of his videos either way, but it doesn't seem right.
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    As some one who's appreciated his work from the beginning I am clear that there is an evident line that can be drawn in his thinking from the beginning to the present that demonstrates an evolution as opposed to any sort of radical change in position. for cynical reasons. I am surprised to see him being labelled as right wing. I would say thats an unhelpful over simplification of a complex position - but this isn't a political discussion and I am certainly not here to defend or explain his position or career - that just the perception of some one who's been following his stuff. 

And I fully accept that you're in a tough spot when Andrew Tate and Laurence Fox are coming to your defence. 
    If it walks like a duck. Quacks like a duck and other ducks flock around it…
  • euan said:
    As some one who's appreciated his work from the beginning I am clear that there is an evident line that can be drawn in his thinking from the beginning to the present that demonstrates an evolution as opposed to any sort of radical change in position. for cynical reasons. I am surprised to see him being labelled as right wing. I would say thats an unhelpful over simplification of a complex position - but this isn't a political discussion and I am certainly not here to defend or explain his position or career - that just the perception of some one who's been following his stuff. 

If it walks like a duck. Quacks like a duck and other ducks flock around it…
    Yep - I take your point. It's not a good duck.... I mean look. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter