Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). A dull argument about "feel" - FX Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

A dull argument about "feel"

What's Hot
1235»

Comments

• GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8207
    tFB Trader
    Sassafras said:
    Buy the stuff, sell or return it if you don't like it.
    As an online retailer (of sorts) I don’t agree with this at all. But it was all summed up quite nicely by @ThorpyFX in this thread 

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/207955/distance-selling-regs/p1

In short buying to try costs any business money and when margins are tight, can significantly hurt a business.”

Try to get to a shop, if possible, to try before you buy. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 8918
    soma1975 said:
    Yeah but he feels banned. 
    Kin classic !!

I did chuckle at that =)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • danodano Frets: 1484
    I remember back in the 00s on HCFX there was lots of hype about boutique drive pedals and their 'bloom". Seems like a similar beast here  B)

BD-2 is a great pedal, I have a modd'ed one on my board as an alternative to my trusty  T-Rex Mudhoney (Rat clone).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    I normally put 3 drives on a board and see what works on the day. Playing loud is in a mix is different to sitting a home. I've used a prince of tone as my overdrive all week and used a full-drive in rehearsal. And a fuzz face and a frequency boost. Mixed and matched till it worked.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Sassafras said:
    As an online retailer (of sorts) I don’t agree with this at all. But it was all summed up quite nicely by @ThorpyFX in this thread 

“ In short buying to try costs any business money and when margins are tight, can significantly hurt a business.”

Are you suggesting trying something in a shop and then buying that thing online?
    That seems quite devious and costs the shop money coz they now have to sell that item as ex-demo or B-stock.
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170
    Sassafras said:
    Sassafras said:

“ In short buying to try costs any business money and when margins are tight, can significantly hurt a business.”

Are you suggesting trying something in a shop and then buying that thing online?
    That seems quite devious and costs the shop money coz they now have to sell that item as ex-demo or B-stock.
    No. He's suggesting trying it in a shop and if you like it, buying it from the shop. A bit like we've done for hundreds of years before the Internet took over.

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    Hattigol said:
    Sassafras said:
    Sassafras said:

No. He's suggesting trying it in a shop and if you like it, buying it from the shop. A bit like we've done for hundreds of years before the Internet took over.

But he's an online retailer.
  • slacker said:
    I normally put 3 drives on a board and see what works on the day. Playing loud is in a mix is different to sitting a home. I've used a prince of tone as my overdrive all week and used a full-drive in rehearsal. And a fuzz face and a frequency boost. Mixed and matched till it worked.
    Here’s a clever sausage. Wiz awarded. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter