Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What's your weirdest guilty pleasure in music? - Music Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What's your weirdest guilty pleasure in music?

What's Hot

Comments

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1521
    Ryan Adams  :#
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    boogieman said:
    Pjon said:
    My wife still reminds me occasionally of my enthusiasm when I saw Bucks Fizz on a TotP repeat doing Land of Make Believe. I loved it when it came out, and although I wouldn't put it in a playlist these days will watch the video, if it's on, and revert to the lecherous 13 year old I was when it was first released. Not having been a teenaged boy, my wife maybe doesn't understand that it's not always about the music. :D 
    Weirdly, cowritten by Peter Sinfield, the lyric writer for King Crimson’s first few albums. 
    I always got him confused with Pete Wingfield :-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JohnS37JohnS37 Frets: 322
    I have quite a few musical GPs, but the first one that comes to mind is Cliff Richards’ I Could Easily Fall (in love with you).  Just works for me . . .
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426
    I'm now listening to Demis Roussos. Fantastic.

Well, as a member of Aphrodite's Child, anyway :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    ICBM said:
    I'm now listening to Demis Roussos. Fantastic.

He always makes me think of Abigail’s Party. 

( oh that would be a good name for a 70s themed band!)
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    edited July 2023
    JohnS37 said:
    I have quite a few musical GPs
    Do Musicians Make Better Doctors
    Music as medicine - The San Diego Union-Tribune
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Philly_Q said:

Music as medicine - The San Diego Union-Tribune
    That's definitely a weird one you should feel guilty about.

Who wants to hear an Ovation in 2023?

;)

:)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    I quite like that Rina Sawayama.

Don't feel guilty about it mind.
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I like some odd brain-tickly stuff with too many notes.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • ReverendReverend Frets: 4649
    5 pages and no one has mentioned Peter Wyndgarde? definitely one to feel guilty about. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    And this. I'm worried this might be jazz.

"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    Reverend said:
    5 pages and no one has mentioned Peter Wyndgarde? definitely one to feel guilty about. 
    In music?!
    Any Bill Shatner fans in tonight?
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 3605
    JohnS37 said:
    I have quite a few musical GPs, but the first one that comes to mind is Cliff Richards’ I Could Easily Fall (in love with you).  Just works for me . . .
    On the subject of Cliff Richard  I always thought Wired for sound was good ,and of course Devil woman 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    JohnS37 said:
    On the subject of Cliff Richard  I always thought Wired for sound was good ,and of course Devil woman 
    I heard Wired on the radio today, sounded good. Yes to Devil Woman (and the Black Sabbath take on it…) and Carrie. 
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Reverend said:
    I guess that means no-one takes pleasure in his music? 
    I only know him as an actor (unless I've heard his music and blanked it from my memory).
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 2587
    JohnS37 said:
    I heard Wired on the radio today, sounded good. Yes to Devil Woman (and the Black Sabbath take on it…) and Carrie. 
    +1 for Carrie (and the others) ;)
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    On the subject of Cliff Richard, when I met the future Mrs A she was a BIG Cliff Richard fan. During the first bunch of years of our relationship I saw him live 5 times. In all fairness he puts on a very good show, and I got to see Hank Marvin who played one tour. He did one concert and ALL the songs were no 1 hits, number 2 songs not included! Not many artists could do that! Cliff has had 14 number 1 songs, and another 18 that reached either no2 or no3. Pretty amazing.
    jaymenon said:

Folk era Jethro Tull (songs from the wood, heavy horses)
    I love Heavy Horses, but don’t forget Stormwatch - I know it’s often dismissed by Tull fans, but I think it’s the best of the lot - it’s got a harder-edged sound but great songs. Broadsword & The Beast is also up there - the production is (ironically) a bit more dated-sounding now, but it’s a really powerful album. After that…. hmmmmm.

Offset said:
    Reverend said:
    In music?!
    yeah, his album is possible one of the most WTF? records ever made. 

Warning,  do not listen to this where people can hear it. 
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12324
    Currently, I'm finding this absolutely glorious.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/2009996039333981?s=yWDuG2&fs=e ;

One for @ICBM to enjoy, I think :-D

Genius :).

The pitching is better than some of Amy Lee's live performances too!

Currently, I'm finding this absolutely glorious.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/2009996039333981?s=yWDuG2&fs=e ;

Ha ha! love that! 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    This 'Guilty pleasure' nonsense about music is one of my pet hates.  If you believe that you should feel shame or guilt for your musical tastes, you're a giant asshat and should donate all of your gear to someone who appreciates music - whatever it is - for the pleasure it brings them, not for what other people might think of them.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    Des O'conner
  • Emp_Fab said:
    This 'Guilty pleasure' nonsense about music is one of my pet hates.  If you believe that you should feel shame or guilt for your musical tastes, you're a giant asshat and should donate all of your gear to someone who appreciates music - whatever it is - for the pleasure it brings them, not for what other people might think of them.
    Gotta agree with this guy right here. 
    If you like the song, you like the song, just listen to it and live your life. It's not doing anyone else any harm if you want to listen to metal and then secretly indulge in some Eminem on the side...??
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    It's just a bit of tongue in cheek fun.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    ...... speaking of asshats .....
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    It's just a bit of tongue in cheek fun.
    Exactly! It's merely a common framing device to set a question. I don't know why people get so het up on it. Literally no-one feels 'guilty' about something they enjoy listening to!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter