Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). My pokey lil MjH Leather Craft thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

My pokey lil MjH Leather Craft thread

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    BillDL said:
    That's really mysterious, because the "uploads" / "editor" / "ke" folders on the web server are restricted.  What should happen is that they are stored in a different location entirely, given sequential long IDs, and indexed by that long ID in an XML file that is more or less a database.  You've managed to "hack" tFB.  Yikes!
    And you have just confirmed that it's possible.

Rise, my mighty army of bots & prepare for invasion...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    BillDL said:
    That's really mysterious, because the "uploads" / "editor" / "ke" folders on the web server are restricted.  What should happen is that they are stored in a different location entirely, given sequential long IDs, and indexed by that long ID in an XML file that is more or less a database.  You've managed to "hack" tFB.  Yikes!
    Nah, it's far simpler than that - the /uploads directory represents the old method of doing uploads, which runs using the same front-end functionality but with an alternate code path as the mechanism by which it's done with a different target. Both have to be active to preserve old uploads, but only the most recent should be accessible via the editor.

Essentially...yet again, the issue is crappy, buggy Vanilla code ;)
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Power-BeefPower-Beef Frets: 214
    This is awsome. Re-tabbing straps should be a piece of cake for you? I wish I had seen this thread earlier... Guess why LOL.

Spoiler alert: Gave up a strap I really, really liked because the tabs were a bit trash.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5820
    This is awsome. Re-tabbing straps should be a piece of cake for you? I wish I had seen this thread earlier... Guess why LOL.

Spoiler alert: Gave up a strap I really, really liked because the tabs were a bit trash.
    Hey! I am pretty sure I could def retab straps, what a shame! 
    Some of my favourate designs of the last 2 months 
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I have had a busy week! 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    The multi-layering looks really cool!

Nitefly said:
    The multi-layering looks really cool!

Thanks bud, it make the bags truly different :) 
    2reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    hi all here are 2 completed bags really trying some new shapes here, 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Hi

So over the last 2 months it's become aparent I may have a future in this, I have sold consistently and had some amazing Comissions to boot.

For the first time in my life there is a glimmer I won't have to work for someone else and can make a living doing something I love.... A long way off but how exciting 
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    Good luck in growing your hobby into a small business. It's good to know that there is a market for hand made quality goods instead of the never ending made to a price tat. 
    Chris.B said:
    Good luck in growing your hobby into a small business. It's good to know that there is a market for hand made quality goods instead of the never ending made to a price tat. 
    Absoloutly, I would never have considered it more than a hobby but women in the age bracket of 35 to 65 can't seem to get enough! 

I now have to fill out a self assessment! 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    Hi

So over the last 2 months it's become aparent I may have a future in this, I have sold consistently and had some amazing Comissions to boot.

For the first time in my life there is a glimmer I won't have to work for someone else and can make a living doing something I love.... A long way off but how exciting 
    I’m not surprised, the quality of your work looks excellent and you have some very different designs, certainly well out of the normal run of the mill stuff. Well done! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    boogieman said:
    Hi

I’m not surprised, the quality of your work looks excellent and you have some very different designs, certainly well out of the normal run of the mill stuff. Well done! 
    Thank you bud that's really appreciated 
    a bit of fun before I go on holiday 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Probably the best yet 
    0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4697
    Getting better all the time, Matt - look at the stitching here compared to the pieces on the first couple of pages, much neater now.

And the waves in the piece above - just beautiful.

Nitefly said:
    Getting better all the time, Matt - look at the stitching here compared to the pieces on the first couple of pages, much neater now.

And the waves in the piece above - just beautiful.

Thanks @Nitefly they are definately an improvement on the last :) 
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4790
    edited August 2023
    Have to agree that they're gettting better all the time Matt. What's your lead time on custom pieces @Strangefan ? I'd love to get a bag done for the littlegreenwoman for Christmas...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    Have to agree that they're gettting better all the time Matt. What's your lead time on custom pieces @Strangefan ? I'd love to get a bag done for the littlegreenwoman for Christmas...
    Thank you :) I need about 2 weeks thats it:) 
    edited October 2023
    Hi all, I have been mad busy with this recently, I have had some real traction with the bags, it's blown me away to be honest, I'm spending a lot more time on each bag making them as amazing as they can be, I can honestly say I have not seen anyone else do what I doing, and the Comissions from here have been a big part of me keeping motivated to carry on and improving. 

Here are some recent creations 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    This week's project