Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). My pokey lil MjH Leather Craft thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

My pokey lil MjH Leather Craft thread

What's Hot

Comments

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3301
    Do you make leather gimp masks? Asking for @fastonebaz .
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Lebarque said:
    Do you make leather gimp masks? Asking for @fastonebaz .
    Would you prefer me to wear a black or white one next time?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    Not in the market for anything right now, but I have to say, top work sir! 

You should definitely give guitar straps a whirl, I reckon you’d sell plenty through here. Maybe belts too? I’m fed up of the cheap, PU crap you mostly get these days, but decent quality ones cost an arm and leg. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• boogieman said:
    Not in the market for anything right now, but I have to say, top work sir! 

You should definitely give guitar straps a whirl, I reckon you’d sell plenty through here. Maybe belts too? I’m fed up of the cheap, PU crap you mostly get these days, but decent quality ones cost an arm and leg. 
    That's genuinly lovely to hear thank you, I'm a bit if a perfectionist so all I see is the mistakes! 

Guitar straps are def the next port of call 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Very nice. Look totally professional quality.

I agree guitar straps would be a good addition. I imagine they're pretty simple to make and lots of room to add your own touch. Belts too I suppose. 

I got a nice leather one (wallet) really cheap in Bulgaria years ago. Being a scot there's very little wear on it 

but a lot of dust ...........
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I really like these! I switched a while back to a metal wallet, but I'm desperately trying to think of a reason to get one of the bags.

Would you be able to make a wrist strap for a camera? I'll DM you later once the school run is done and I've got a few minutes :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

• I really like these! I switched a while back to a metal wallet, but I'm desperately trying to think of a reason to get one of the bags.

Would you be able to make a wrist strap for a camera? I'll DM you later once the school run is done and I've got a few minutes :)
    I have never thought of a wrist strap but I'm sure I could :D 
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5820
    yesterday's creation, bloody love these colours, just need to do the final wax 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited March 2023
    really proud of this one, I went for a 1980s art deco style, 

just to clarify I'm not pushing to sell these to you guys  but just gain some appreciation and constructive advice 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    The bottom one has a cool  Txechuappa Mexican /Mayan vibe to it...........says Tequila time to me 
    on another note how's my 7 point suspension harness ( with extra studs ) coming along
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Dominic said:
    The bottom one has a cool  Txechuappa Mexican /Mayan vibe to it...........says Tequila time to me 
    on another note how's my 7 point suspension harness ( with extra studs ) coming along
    lolz    just waiting for the "trojan" attachment it's on back order 
    That's what I like to see ......a bit of client forethought
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 2357
    Dominic said:

I agree guitar straps would be a good addition. I imagine they're pretty simple to make and lots of room to add your own touch. Belts too I suppose. 

I got a nice leather one (wallet) really cheap in Bulgaria years ago. Being a scot there's very little wear on it 

Don't forget the spiders and their webs, I named the one that lives in mine, Charlotte.
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    Really nice stuff.  Love the black with the red stitching….. and skulls too.   :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    RobDavies said:
    Really nice stuff.  Love the black with the red stitching….. and skulls too.   :)
    thanks Rob :D
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Very nice.

Might be an idea to include dimensions as it's hard to work out how big things are.
    Damn good idea I didn't even think about that 
    and/or show additional pics of the wallets with various credit cards in them, so you get everything in proportion and it shows its purpose - But they all look excellent and individual - top job
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I didn't even thing about that, that's a brilliant idea I know what I'm doing today :D

guitars4you said:
    Very nice.

Might be an idea to include dimensions as it's hard to work out how big things are.
    Damn good idea I didn't even think about that 
    and/or show additional pics of the wallets with various credit cards in them, so you get everything in proportion and it shows its purpose - But they all look excellent and individual - top job

really happy with this made for @skullfunkerry a camera hand strap, should last a lifetime

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    hugely proud of this one :D 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    and so you should be .......it's very good
    Dominic said:
    and so you should be .......it's very good
    cheers! 
  • Just want to say that I'm very happy with my camera strap! When I originally received it, it was slightly too long, but @Strangefan made a couple of changes to it and now it fits perfectly. Excellent service, I'd highly recommend him :)

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
      here are some really funky ones  getting more into complex creations now like bags etc, loving the learning process 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Looking epic! 
    Looking epic! 
    Ah thanks dude! 
    Def upping my game : D   
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Something for the alternative laydeez

• WezVWezV Frets: 15793
    Fun with lasers?

I'm buying a laser cutter/engraver this week and have been looking into some of the possibilities for leather work
    WezV said:
    Fun with lasers?

I'm buying a laser cutter/engraver this week and have been looking into some of the possibilities for leather work
    Ooh let me know which one you're getting, I had to send a cheaper one back so invested in an xtool d1 pro
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    Dominic said:

Actually the moths keep the dust down.