Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). My pokey lil MjH Leather Craft thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

My pokey lil MjH Leather Craft thread

What's Hot
StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5820
edited September 2023 in Off Topic
Evening all. Having ADHD I need lots to keep me busy and this has filled that gap nicely for the last 5 months.
I am not a business person by any stretch but I keep making them and really need to put them out in the wild more   so heres a shameless plug.
 To be honest im not to bothered if they sell, as i love the creative process, so feel free to add comments and what you think design wise would go well.
So if anyone fancies a custom wallet  or wing bag etc come take a look at my new obsession, TFBers will get a great special rate. 
I also have some experimental wallets I made to test designs  which are very very cheap. 
I'm not interested in boring black or traditional ones but anything with a bit of flare and individuality.

www.mjhleather.co.uk

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    Very nice.

Might be an idea to include dimensions as it's hard to work out how big things are.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30022
    I like the wallets.
    Not so keen on the skull & crossbones.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Very nice.

Might be an idea to include dimensions as it's hard to work out how big things are.
    Damn good idea I didn't even think about that 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    edited February 2023
    I like those and I need a new wallet. Like @monquixote i’d be interested in dimensions and prices too if possible. 

Edit: ignore me, just seen the website link. :+1: 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I like those and I need a new wallet. Like @monquixote i’d be interested in dimensions and prices too if possible. 
    Hi teye, have a look at the website for one you like and take 15 quid off :) I'll happily update the site with dimensions,
    Most are small but I can always custom make any size 
  • Given this is a guitar forum, someone's going to ask about straps at some point, so we might as well get it over with. 

My wife is a big fan of a leather artisan in her home town of Kobe, and when we go to visit it feels rude not to buy anything, so my wallet needs are fully satisfied. In fact, I think I've taken my wallet out of the house ten times in the last three years, and most of those occasions are because the work access card is in it. But because of that I'm appreciative of leather work - nice stuff! keep posting, I'd be interested to see it. 
  • Given this is a guitar forum, someone's going to ask about straps at some point, so we might as well get it over with. 

My wife is a big fan of a leather artisan in her home town of Kobe, and when we go to visit it feels rude not to buy anything, so my wallet needs are fully satisfied. In fact, I think I've taken my wallet out of the house ten times in the last three years, and most of those occasions are because the work access card is in it. But because of that I'm appreciative of leather work - nice stuff! keep posting, I'd be interested to see it. 
    That's great to hear especislly from someone who knows leather.   I'll def do guitar straps, I just  need to sell a couple of bits so I can buy some nice suitable leather, :D      
  • Chris.BChris.B Frets: 238
    Looks like you have developed a nice skill in creative leatherwork.

How about a small wallet that can hold a collection of guitar picks?
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    edited February 2023
    I like those and I need a new wallet. Like @monquixote i’d be interested in dimensions and prices too if possible. 
    Hi teye, have a look at the website for one you like and take 15 quid off I'll happily update the site with dimensions,
    Thanks Strangefan, will take a look. I realised about three minutes after posting that I’d missed the obvious. I blame the kids and sleep deprivation. :)
  • Chris.B said:
    Looks like you have developed a nice skill in creative leatherwork.

How about a small wallet that can hold a collection of guitar picks?
    I like that idea! 
  • I like those and I need a new wallet. Like @monquixote i’d be interested in dimensions and prices too if possible. 
    Hi teye, have a look at the website for one you like and take 15 quid off :) I'll happily update the site with dimensions,
    Thanks Strangefan, will take a look. I realised a three minutes after posting that I’d missed the obvious. I blame the kids and sleep deprivation.:)
    I know that only too well! 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    How about leather pants?

Asking for Bertie. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    ^ Pants USA or UK ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ^ Pants USA or UK ?
    I'm really hoping uk. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
    Curious......Could y'all stamp a ZOSO onto the wallet?
    tae be or not tae be
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15657
    Lovely gear BTW the colours are GREAT!!!
    tae be or not tae be
  • Hootsmon said:
    Lovely gear BTW the colours are GREAT!!!
    Thank you! That's honestly lovely to hear! I know my taste is erm individual so didn't know if anyone else would appreciate the colors,. 

I can either stamp the letters on no problem or laser engrave them on, in any script,  how'ver the engraver I'm getting for my birthday from the wife so have to wait till march the 6th :( 
  • Dimensions added 
  • Very nice, wish I'd known about this a few weeks ago when I had to replace my wallet, vertical Bi and tri fold wallets are not easy find, especially without compartments for coins
  • Very nice, wish I'd known about this a few weeks ago when I had to replace my wallet, vertical Bi and tri fold wallets are not easy find, especially without compartments for coins
    Ah shame I coukd have made you a custom one :) remember me 15 years down the line 
    Ah shame I coukd have made you a custom one :) remember me 15 years down the line 

It might be a lot sooner than that, I'm not happy with the replacement wallet I bought.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 15285
    Can we speak a little more privately about a harness and some restraints ,studs ,rings etc 
    Asking for a friend
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Dominic said:
    Can we speak a little more privately about a harness and some restraints ,studs ,rings etc 
    Asking for a friend
    Double ender or single? 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Really nice. I need a card wallet but can't justify it right now. The one I've got works but bugs me.

I'd love that kind of craft skill.
  • Really nice. I need a card wallet but can't justify it right now. The one I've got works but bugs me.

I'd love that kind of craft skill.
    Thank you well if you want one at any point , I'll do a v good price,  or I have some experimental wallets which are only £20, 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 770
    Dominic said:
    Asking for a friend
    Double ender or single? 
    Concave and convex to serve either sex.
    My Trading Feedback

"If it smells like shit...It is probably shit"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Lovely, lovely work.

(And as a seamstress I know a thing or two about it!)  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3819
    edited February 2023
    Very nice. Look totally professional quality.

I agree guitar straps would be a good addition. I imagine they're pretty simple to make and lots of room to add your own touch. Belts too I suppose. 

I got a nice leather one (wallet) really cheap in Bulgaria years ago. Being a scot there's very little wear on it 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5820
    edited February 2023
    Lovely, lovely work.

(And as a seamstress I know a thing or two about it!) 
    Oooh are you, could you pm me with any words of wisdom or constructive criticism I have only been doing it 5 months  I'd love to hear your thoughts. 
  • Very nice. Look totally professional quality.

I agree guitar straps would be a good addition. I imagine they're pretty simple to make and lots of room to add your own touch. Belts too I suppose. 

I got a nice leather one (wallet) really cheap in Bulgaria years ago. Being a scot there's very little wear on it 

I'll def be doing guita straps I have  ideas for some funky designs :) 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter