Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). My pokey lil MjH Leather Craft thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

My pokey lil MjH Leather Craft thread

What's Hot

Comments

• StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5820
    edited June 2023

This was a challenge from one of my Facebook followers, I was suggested a stained glass bag! 

Challenge accepted 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PD1598PD1598 Frets: 22
    That repurposed saddle one is cool, there's must be loads of old leather lying around. Since you do it so well you should definitely advertise as an upcycler.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    PD1598 said:
    That repurposed saddle one is cool, there's must be loads of old leather lying around. Since you do it so well you should definitely advertise as an upcycler.
    Thanks dude, I like it! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Here's another cool one commissioned from one our very own!
    , I was asked if I could make a Dungeons and Dragons  dice bag which turns into a rolling table.
    I used rivets to help stability and wet formed the sides.  All artwork is original to the new owner which I etched with the laser etcher. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    Seeing the start with the wallets to where you've got to - incredible ! Excellent work sir. Definitely a guitar strap customer in waiting !
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Jalapeno said:
    Seeing the start with the wallets to where you've got to - incredible ! Excellent work sir. Definitely a guitar strap customer in waiting !
    Thanks bud, that's appreciated more  than you Know! 
    Evening all
    Here's a funky one, 
    Bell bottom satchel made from very thick butt split leather, with adjustable strap.
    Def will last for ever,
    I have started to not use other peoples patterns now, this was my own design in regards to shape and a zr and thinks it sits really well. 
    Every day is an improvement. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    ^ Cool stuff. Butt split leather? Bet that was a commission from a Mr Richards, Depp or Hudson  ;)
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    That is bloomin fabulous, your best yet 
    ^ Cool stuff. Butt split leather? Bet that was a commission from a Mr Richards, Depp or Hudson  ;)
    Daft name innit, it's 6mml leather that's split to make thinner sheets, but still really thick at 3mml, lasts forever but not as glamours as tanned hide, good for printing like above
    sev112 said:
    That is bloomin fabulous, your best yet 
    Thanks! I love the shape, 
    Daft name innit, it's 6mml leather that's split to make thinner sheets, but still really thick at 3mml, lasts forever but not as glamours as tanned hide, good for printing like above
    Yeah, amusing name in the UK.
    BTW, I was referring to the possible list of commissioners due to the cool skull 'n' crossbones look.
    Yeah, amusing name in the UK.
    BTW, I was referring to the possible list of commissioners due to the cool skull 'n' crossbones look.
    Lol I hve had a long day!:D the old brain is taking a while to catch up 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Probably my favourate yet, day of the dead mandala bag, the red and green look truly fantastic together, 

• SiejenSiejen Frets: 31
    Here's another cool one commissioned from one our very own!….

Thanks again Matt, it’s even better in real life 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Mate, you have come on more than leaps and bounds - you now have a range of highly unique and hand made goods that I think are very sellable.  I will be back in touch for something for my wife’ birthday if I can think of what kind of style she would like 
    Siejen said:
    Here's another cool one commissioned from one our very own!….

Thanks again Matt, it’s even better in real life 
    I'm really glad! It was a great challenge! Don't forget I'll repair anything it needs regardless of age :) 
    sev112 said:
    Mate, you have come on more than leaps and bounds - you now have a range of highly unique and hand made goods that I think are very sellable.  I will be back in touch for something for my wife’ birthday if I can think of what kind of style she would like

Ah dude thank you!  That's really appreciated, its certainly a journey, and unlike guitar one I seem to be getting better at this 
    edited July 2023
    Dagnabbit! Can't see any of them I'm afraid. Hope it's just me  :#
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 3922
    These are fantastic! Still very pleased with my camera strap, it's the only one I use now :)

That black red & green mandala day of the dead bag reminds me of Jeffery West stuff, I absolutely love it.

I'll pop a review on Google for you too :+1: 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    OK @strangefan ; How did you organise your thumbnail images in a grid and make them open in new browser tabs?

I can see from the URLs that they are direct links to the actual *.jpg images in a folder tree like this:
    The norm for images uploaded to the site by Patreon subscribers and embedded in a comment is for the image files to be assigned a long alphanumeric ID and have URLs like:

How did you do that?
    edited July 2023
    These are fantastic! Still very pleased with my camera strap, it's the only one I use now

That black red & green mandala day of the dead bag reminds me of Jeffery West stuff, I absolutely love it.

I'll pop a review on Google for you too 1 

Kerry that would be amazing thank you! I'm really pleased  to hear that it's working well don't forget if it needs and changes or adjustments they will be done gratis. 
    Dagnabbit! Can't see any of them I'm afraid. Hope it's just me  :#
    Hey dude, does clicking on link string not open up a new page? , if not and if you want to see them they're on the main page of www.mjhleather.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    BillDL said:
    OK @strangefan ; How did you organise your thumbnail images in a grid and make them open in new browser tabs?

I can see from the URLs that they are direct links to the actual *.jpg images in a folder tree like this:
    The norm for images uploaded to the site by Patreon subscribers and embedded in a comment is for the image files to be assigned a long alphanumeric ID and have URLs like:

How did you do that?
    Hi bill, usually they pop straight up on the thread but this time for some reason whne I uploaded them they didn't process at all on the actual thread,  @digitalscream ; is that me or is it a bud? 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 25239
    edited July 2023
    Hmmm...it's weird, they seem to have been uploaded and processed, but not inserted into the actual post - did you upload them all at once, or one at a time?

As @BillDL pointed out, they've been uploaded to the wrong place, which confuses me greatly...that's not even supposed to be possible, so it's definitely a bug of some sort. Do you remember exactly how you did it?
    <space for hire>
    Hmmm...it's weird, they seem to have been uploaded and processed, but not inserted into the actual post - did you upload them all at once, or one at a time?

As @BillDL pointed out, they've been uploaded to the wrong place, which confuses me greatly...that's not even supposed to be possible, so it's definitely a bug of some sort. Do you remember exactly how you did it?
    So I flicked the file icon, chose te files initially a few at once, but when I realise they didn't go into the actual post but below I started again with just one and it did the same 
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 5615
    That's really mysterious, because the "uploads" / "editor" / "ke" folders on the web server are restricted.  What should happen is that they are stored in a different location entirely, given sequential long IDs, and indexed by that long ID in an XML file that is more or less a database.  You've managed to "hack" tFB.  Yikes!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter