Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    I'm happy to go with any of the venues suggested by @Brocco ;

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231

Ah I missed them, sorry! Let me ring around and see if they can help us
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    bertie said:
    f*ck  - completely missed all this.....................and the recent updates to the other thread as it went "cold"  so stopped checking it !!!

Im defo (songs depending !!) interested  -  no dates (currently) a problem    - can we set a "notification" for this thread ? 

@bertie welcome - have added you to the list in the first post (believe if you click on the star for this discussion you should start receiving notifications)
    roberty said:

Ah I missed them, sorry! Let me ring around and see if they can help us
    @roberty I have established that the rehearsal room at Peter Gabriel's Real World Studios near Bath does have availability on Saturday 1st October. The booking would come with some jeopardy though as they are applying for planning permission to replace the building, but are still taking bookings at this point. Would everyone be comfortable with this or would you prefer that we book somewhere else that is 100% certain?
    Personally I'd like to see the place. Don't mind the risk
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    edited June 2022
    Agree, worse case is it gets closed and we book the other place with 4 weeks to go- which is same as current situation.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    OK with me.

It's not a competition.
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1023
    I’m good with that too.
  • Looks like an awesome place…. go for it
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    Looks very cool.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    if its the place in Box,  pretty sure Mrs Bert did some session work there  a millennium ago 
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 493
    Real World is fine with me.
    @offset
    There's no backline/shells at Real World

It's £120+VAT for the day 

If we can bring a bass amp and our own drums it shouldn't be a problem 
    roberty said:

drummers and bass players please let us know if this is a problem?

edited June 2022
    Brocco said:
    roberty said:

@onlyonebradders ;;

Edit: I suspect it'll be a no as regards the kit, as it's in Reading atm, and will probably need a fortune spent on new heads.  (No idea if heads degrade if they're not being played.)

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• martmart Frets: 5165
    I'm happy to bring down a bass amp, so it's not a problem from that point of view.
    So not practical to bring drums then? Should we be looking elsewhere?

@Jonathangus @onlyonebradders ;
    roberty said:
    So not practical to bring drums then? Should we be looking elsewhere?

@Jonathangus @onlyonebradders ;
    Have sent him a link to the thread as he doesn't get notifications for some reason.  Will give him a nudge.   ;)

Haha okay. Insert joke about drummers and technology ;-)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I can brings drums, but it’s a huge hassle (stripping them and all the mics and cables out of my music room and loading the car), so will give bradders the first refusal ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    As we have an agreed date and a venue is close to being secured thought we could start the tracklist discussion (suggest we each nominate 2 songs each initially)
  • Crazed_FandangoCrazed_Fandango Frets: 53
    edited June 2022
    How about Firebird Studio in Brislingtion
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
    How about Firebird Studio in Brislingtion
    Please share any firsthand knowledge of Firebird 
  • I've been there twice and only used the smaller rooms.  Decent acoustically with more sound deadening than Factory .PA was ok.
    I've been there twice and only used the smaller rooms.  Decent acoustically with more sound deadening than Factory .PA was ok.
    looks like they've got drums / back line hire availability 
  • Yes, same facilities as Factory,  but a slightly smaller setup. 
    Okay I'll give Firebird a call and see what's what
  • Brocco said:
    roberty said:

@onlyonebradders ;;

Edit: I suspect it'll be a no as regards the kit, as it's in Reading atm, and will probably need a fortune spent on new heads.  (No idea if heads degrade if they're not being played.)
    As my bro points out my kit is in storage in Reading and the heads haven’t been changed for perhaps 30ish years!  I don’t have any travel cases either. So probably a no…
  • roberty said:
    Haha okay. Insert joke about drummers and technology ;-)
    If only you knew what I did for a living