Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Western Jam 2022, Saturday 1st October, Factory Studios, Bristol

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Any of those are good for me @Brocco thanks for parsing through the responses
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Im ok for the two july weekends, cant do 17/18 Sept.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2072
    edited May 2022
    I'm OK for 16/17 July, 23/24 July.

Although I'm currently OK all of August, I assume August is out because others can't make it.

In September I'm only free 3/4th. I might be able to do 10/11th Sept but not certain at the moment.

It's not a competition.
  • bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 493
    I'm currently ok for the July dates and anytime September
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    If we're into September, then 10/11 is out as well, sorry.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    for anyone yet to chip in, our revised options are: 16/17 July, 23/24 July, 3/4 September, 24/25 September
    edited May 2022
    Brocco said:
    for anyone yet to chip in, our revised options are: 16/17 July, 23/24 July, 3/4 September, 24/25 September
    Sorry I can't do the 25/25 September. The other suggested dates are OK.

I'm completely free in October :)

It's not a competition.
    so we are down to 16/17 July, 23/24 July and 3/4 September - hopefully one of these options will work for everyone (please respond as soon as you can if you haven't already)
    @mart, @Vibetronic, @spark240 - how do these dates sit with you?
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    I can do both July weekends, but not Sept 3/4. And Saturdays are easier for me than Sundays.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    I’m afraid them sept. is  the only date I could do this time...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    As we are a small group it would be nice to find a date that everyone can make. Given that not everyone is available on the three weekends we have been focused on (also applies to September as a whole), thought it was worthwhile asking everyone for their availability in October in an attempt to find a date that is good for us all.
    At the moment I'm free for the whole of October.

It's not a competition.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2016
    Im ok all of OCT.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • martmart Frets: 5165
    October is good for me - all weekends are free so far.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    October should be good for me too.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• bobblehatbobblehat Frets: 493
    Any day in October good for me . 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I can only do 1/2nd or 29/30th in October 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I can’t to October 15th 
  • VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1023
    Brocco said:
    @mart, @Vibetronic, @spark240 - how do these dates sit with you?
    Only iffy one is September 3/4 as we may be on holiday - but nothing booked yet. October good too :)
    @roberty assuming that you are also available 1/2 October could you kindly ask Factory about availability and cost of the large room we were in last time on Saturday 1st October? (we may as well book the room between 9 and 6 if we can)
    Brocco said:
    @roberty assuming that you are also available 1/2 October could you kindly ask Factory about availability and cost of the large room we were in last time on Saturday 1st October? (we may as well book the room between 9 and 6 if we can)
    Sure I'll call tomorrow. I don't have any October plans at this stage
  • I am interested.  I can sing some tricky stuff too if this helps.
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
    welcome @Crazed_Fandango - I have added you to the list in the first post
    edited June 2022
    roberty said:
    Brocco said:
    Sure I'll call tomorrow. I don't have any October plans at this stage
    Forgot yesterday. Just enquired now by email

Update, they came back with this:

The 3 larger rooms are no longer bookable for rehearsals more than 30 days in advance. Hopefully you can still make it work!
  • Brocco said:
    welcome @Crazed_Fandango - I have added you to the list in the first post
    Much obliged!

Shame about the 30 day rule.  Does it have to be Factory?
    Don't let your mind post toastee - like a lot of my friends did!
    That's a weird one, would have thought that any business would be happy to bank the money four months in advance!

Do those who are local to Bristol have any alternative suggestions we could consider?
    I don't really know anywhere except the place I go which is unsuitable. I asked factory if paying upfront would change anything and they said no
    Have come up with a few options:

Firebird Studios, Bristol - firebirdstudios.co.uk
    Stage2Studios, Bath - stage2studios.co.uk
    Real World Studios, Bath -realworldstudios.com

The only thing I know about any of these places is that Peter Gabriel owns Real World Studios and some great artists have recorded there, so imagine it's a given that the rehearsal room would be good! 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    edited June 2022
    f*ck  - completely missed all this.....................and the recent updates to the other thread as it went "cold"  so stopped checking it !!!

Im defo (songs depending !!) interested  -  no dates (currently) a problem    - can we set a "notification" for this thread ? 

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.