Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). The Football Thread. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

The Football Thread.

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    :D 

Im “quite happy” that he’s gone.  

I need to revisit my window-wishes post from a few months ago.  I might have had him leaving as my #1 wish for the window.

And #2, #3 and #4 ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    Poor Scott Parker.... fixture list was against him.. little help in the transfer window... they must have their eye on someone else already..
    Dyche I reckon.  Although Bournemouth’s players are hardly Dyche-like, so they’ve got about 36 hours to sign a load of 6’3” athletes, who might be able to kick a ball and/or the opposition. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RobDavies said:
    Poor Scott Parker.... fixture list was against him.. little help in the transfer window... they must have their eye on someone else already..
    Dyche I reckon.  Although Bournemouth’s players are hardly Dyche-like, so they’ve got about 36 hours to sign a load of 6’3” athletes, who might be able to kick a ball and/or the opposition. 

Oooooh....  perhaps one last hurrah for Redknapp??? It's his neck of the woods.. although unlikely at 75..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• BidleyBidley Frets: 2890
    Bournemouth beat Villa in their first game, then lost against Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool. I mean ok, losing 9-0 is less than ideal but what were the owners expecting? Odd decision especially with the transfer window about to close.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Bidley said:
    Bournemouth beat Villa in their first game, then lost against Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool. I mean ok, losing 9-0 is less than ideal but what were the owners expecting? Odd decision especially with the transfer window about to close.
    3 nil, 4 nil, 9 nil defeats....
    .. and still above Everton, yet Lampard keeps his job.

On a different note.. England goalies for the world cup...  Henderson > Ramsdale > Pickford
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

Henderson looks good - but is international inexperience against him for the World Cup?
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    stupid sacking - What has he done wrong yet - With that team and that fixture list to date, no one would have done any better - Feel sorry for the guy and hope it comes back to haunt the owners - Unfortunately the fans suffer as well 

Only a guess, but has Scott had a fall out with the owners about investment, in which case maybe he has pee'd them off 
  • I bet Big Sam will be circling as usual for the Bournemouth job. Seems harsh on Parker but there must be a specific reason for the sacking so suddenly, like something was said or they realised the working relationship wasn't possible or something. I'd probably welcome him at West Brom instead of Cabbage-Head but to be honest, with the shower of shite we have on the pitch we could have Pep and still be woeful, so it would be a waste of a potentially decent manager
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Bidley said:

On a different note.. England goalies for the world cup...  Henderson > Ramsdale > Pickford
    TTony said:
    Henderson looks good - but is international inexperience against him for the World Cup?
    we need to start a WC thread soon for this topic - Put surely Pope has to be in with a shout
  • Bidley said:

TTony said:
    we need to start a WC thread soon for this topic - Put surely Pope has to be in with a shout

good shout on both fronts...
    My trading feedback

• axisusaxisus Frets: 27656
    Very harsh on Scott Parker. I always liked the guy. 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 6476
    Who knows what convos Scott Parker had when he took the job on, from reading some online posts it sounds like he was told they wouldn't be able to financially compete and would follow the Norwich model of sustainability , yo-yoing between the top 2 divisions. Doesn't sound like he liked the idea of that after the Liverpool game in his comments
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    axisus said:
    which Thunderbird was he in ?   
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 9175
    Yea very harsh on Parker. What do they want against that fixture list?

Pickford is still my number one for England. He just does great when he plays. I can't say Henderson yet because he's only played a few games hasn't he? He's obviously good but over an established keeper like Pickford, I don't think so. 
    bertie said:
    axisus said:
    Thunderbird 9
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    axisus said:
    bertie said:
    axisus said:
    Thunderbird 9
    Klip-Klop was 9 (I think he was the foreign baddie one)

Scottie was 0.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    TTony said:
    Klip-Klop was 9 (I think he was the foreign baddie one)

got a touch of the Capt Black's about him
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    edited August 2022
    Could work out OK for him though... we all know they're looking for a new James Bond, and Scott's got the wardrobe and haircut already.
  • Philly_Q said:
    Could work out OK for him though... we all know they're looking for a new James Bond, and Scott's got the wardrobe and haircut already.
    The Man With the Golden Cardi-Gun?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8170

Pickford is still my number one for England. He just does great when he plays. I can't say Henderson yet because he's only played a few games hasn't he? He's obviously good but over an established keeper like Pickford, I don't think so. 
    Nick Pope has to be a contender on current form? Been brilliant so far this season. Really dominant. 
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Pickford has never done anything wrong for England, and kept us in a number of games.  I still think he will be number 1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    sev112 said:
    Pickford has never done anything wrong for England, and kept us in a number of games.  I still think he will be number 1
    Best England keeper since Gordon Banks.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    Hattigol said:

Nick Pope has to be a contender on current form? Been brilliant so far this season. Really dominant. 
    Definite contender but I think that unlike Maguire, Pickford isn't absolutely useless got his club. He's just at a club who are struggling. For England he just commands the back line amazingly and saves penalties, rarely makes a mistake. I think he deserves loyalty.

tony99 said:
    sev112 said:
    Ooooooh. Hmm. I'd say Seaman has to be up there too. 
    Philly_Q said:
    The Man With the Golden Cardi-Gun?
    Hattigol said:

Definite contender but I think that unlike Maguire, Pickford isn't absolutely useless got his club. He's just at a club who are struggling. For England he just commands the back line amazingly and saves penalties, rarely makes a mistake. I think he deserves loyalty.

tony99 said:
    sev112 said:
    Ooooooh. Hmm. I'd say Seaman has to be up there too. 
    Yeah, Seaman and also Shilton above Pickford for me.
  • tony99tony99 Frets: 6650
    edited August 2022
    Was a joke, thought Shilts was great myself.

Also nearly put Geoff Banks which would have just confused matters further.
    Bollocks you don't know Bono !!
    tony99 said:
    thought Shilts was great myself.

Never saw Banks play, so Shilts would be my #1.

Amazing that he had to "share" appearances with Clemence, and he still won 125 England caps.  Brilliant goalie.  I'd not put any of the current options in the same class.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1416
    edited August 2022
    Terrible manager. Mostly angry he wasn’t still in charge until Saturday at least. He bought about 16 players in January to buy promotion. Should have bought better quality to prepare themselves for the step up in quality.

edit: however, I do think it’s a harsh decision. But just proves what a tinpot club Bournemouth is. 
    tony99 said:
    Was a joke, thought Shilts was great myself.

Also nearly put Geoff Banks which would have just confused matters further.
    You are an enigma! 
    Quite a few bournemouth fans on the radio being pretty disrespectful to a manager who like him or not got them promoted out of a tough division. Make me hope they get relegated!
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1416
    axisus said:
    Quite a few bournemouth fans on the radio being pretty disrespectful to a manager who like him or not got them promoted out of a tough division. Make me hope they get relegated!
    Sounds about right from my experience.