Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What films have you watched recently? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot

Comments

• IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    Finally got round to watching Seven Psychopaths - very funny in places, but not as wonderful as it perhaps likes to think, but Sam Rockwell and Christopher Walken were as enjoyable to watch as always.

Got that waiting for me over the weekend, half-looking forward to it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    Oblivion

Much better than the reviews suggested, but still not awesome.

Loved the Bubble-Ship design though. That was lovely and geeky!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284

Oblivion

Much better than the reviews suggested, but still not awesome.

Loved the Bubble-Ship design though. That was lovely and geeky!
    I liked it, though the ending was a let down.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    The World's End - superb.

Also been watching the Fast And Furious series on the basis that there must be something to them if they've made five sequels and have another in the works. I'm up to 4 now and ready to admit I was wrong.
    All practice and no theory
  • IanSavageIanSavage Frets: 1319
    dafuzz said:
    The World's End - superb.

Also been watching the Fast And Furious series on the basis that there must be something to them if they've made five sequels and have another in the works. I'm up to 4 now and ready to admit I was wrong.

I watched one once. Even with That Hot Mexican Chick From Resident Evil And Machete (TM) I couldn't get all the way through it. Kudos for managing four of 'em :o
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    Mama - Really enjoyed it. Nikolai Coster-Waldau and some skinny chick move in with some spoooooky children that were brought up in the haunted weelderness. Hijinks ensue. A well made and very watchable "Guillermo Del Toro Presents" movie (that had very little to do with GDT), much like "The Orphanage".
    I thought it was good until the ending.  Jessica Chastain though - yes please.
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    RobDavies said:
    Mama - Really enjoyed it. Nikolai Coster-Waldau and some skinny chick move in with some spoooooky children that were brought up in the haunted weelderness. Hijinks ensue. A well made and very watchable "Guillermo Del Toro Presents" movie (that had very little to do with GDT), much like "The Orphanage".
    I thought it was good until the ending.  Jessica Chastain though - yes please.

I agree that the ending was a bit weak. It was doing well with the "less is more" axiom until the final few minutes.

OK, chick is a hottie but she should still consider herself very fortunate to be sleeping with Jaime Lannister.

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    IanSavage said:
    I watched one once. Even with That Hot Mexican Chick From Resident Evil And Machete (TM) I couldn't get all the way through it. Kudos for managing four of 'em :o
    I'm the only person in this house who doesn't like them. FML
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 15603
    Lixarto said:
    IanSavage said:
    I'm the only person in this house who doesn't like them. FML
    You come stay with us. No one in this house could even make it through a trailer for a F and F.
    I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I'll keep that in mind, thanks :D
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 14862
    I have never seen a single fast and furious. Think I managed to sit through trailer for one of them once.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    edited October 2013
    VimFuego said:
    I have never seen a single fast and furious. Think I managed to sit through trailer for one of them once.

The Tokoyo Drift one was a fav of mine for a post gig kebab latenight film. Along with the Chronicles Of Riddick.

Just pop your brain into a jar before watching it.

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

ah, now chronicles of Riddick is a film I've never managed to sit all the way through. Think the best I've managed is about an hour. And I quite like my brane dead filums.

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    Here's a confession - I quite like the Riddick films, as said a brain in neutral genre, but the high camp is a enjoyable.

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    I like Riddick, Pitch Black is my favourite.

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
    I think the entity that is Vin Diesel is only a good thing. It seems utterly harmless and fairly decent and completely free of malice or arrogance. For that reason I force myself to enjoy the movies he is in even though they are all complete shite.
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    I think the entity that is Vin Diesel is only a good thing. It seems utterly harmless and fairly decent and completely free of malice or arrogance. For that reason I force myself to enjoy the movies he is in even though they are all complete shite.
    Have you watched "Find Me Guilty"? :)
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 2983
    I did see Rush last week.   Very enjoyable - even for a non F1 fan, like me.
    Mrs C wants to shag Vin senseless. Or it might be the other way around.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    RobDavies;47390" said:
    I did see Rush last week.   Very enjoyable - even for a non F1 fan, like me.
    Saw it last night. Superb film.
    Law Abiding Citizen. Generally my kind of film, pissed off guy gets revenge on the system that fucked him. By and large thought it was good, but the ending let it down.

"Argo".

Argo fuck yourself, indeed. Hollywood production using a Hollywood solution. Tosh, of the highest order.

"Django Unchained."

Normally I'm not a huge fan of Tarantino, but this was a superb effort. Christophe Walz was excellent as ever, and apart from descending into stupid comedy a couple of times (the KKK hoods piss-take, and the thing with the horse at the end), I would say it's the best film of his I've seen.

edited October 2013
    Dual post for some odd reason.

"Frankenstein's Army" and "Dead Men Walking" - both utterly terrible.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 22257
    Alice in Wonderland. Odd. Loved the visuals though. The Sorcerers Apprentice. Enjoyable tosh. Loved the tributes to Fantasia. Alfred Molina was ace.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Exam

A bunch of people in a room taking an exam, only a not a normal exam. Quite good; the end doesn't quite live up to its potential but a reasonable watch.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    "Argo".

Argo fuck yourself, indeed. Hollywood production using a Hollywood solution. Tosh, of the highest order.

You know it's a true story, right?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    I watched this old film called 'A Fish Called Wanda'.
    I think it was kinda ignored when it was released and no-one really saw it since.
    It was good.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 673
    octatonic;50334" said:
    I watched this old film called 'A Fish Called Wanda'.I think it was kinda ignored when it was released and no-one really saw it since.It was good.
    About time I watched this again, haven't seen it for years. Thanks for reminding me :)
    "Argo".

You know it's a true story, right?
    Yes, I do. I still think the film is tosh.