Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). What films have you watched recently? - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

What films have you watched recently?

What's Hot
1373374375376377379»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Offset said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Offset said:
    The Beyond (1981), Prime

Phew.  Well it was definitely made in1981 as evidenced by the cheesy, crappy music.  The acting is dreadful - in fact the most convincing performance came from an Alsatian guide dog.  The plot is preposterous, the FX are most definitely of their time and there are distastefully large amounts of blood, guts and violence.  All in all, it's a pretty ridiculous and unfashionably dated film.

Absolutely loved it.   10/10.

I'm glad I read that last line.  Have you seen many other Fulci films?
    I've watched Zombie Flesh Eaters, but that really was crap.  I have a very dim and distant recollection of watching City Of The Living Dead, but it must have been so long ago I can't remember much, if anything, about it.

The House By The Cemetery is next up :-)
    Now that you're in the right mindset, I think you might like Zombie (aka Zombie Flesh Eaters, aka Zombi 2) better if you watched it again.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    equalsql said:
    Offset said:
    The Void (2017), Prime

The best Cthulhu Mythos-influenced horror movie out there in my book.  It has echoes of Carpenter's The Thing and more than a little Hellraiser to it, but the Lovecraftian themes are by far the strongest influences.  Very gory, very weird, unbelievably creepy and fairly disturbing.  I love it.  A synopsis would be fairly pointless and take up too much space so just strap yourself in and dim the lights.

NB: don't confuse this with The Void from 2002, which is a bucket of effluent.

As a movie: 8/10

For the genre: 9.75/10
    Oooh @Offset ;, that sounds like fun so going on my watch list. Thanks for recommendation  :)
    Going on mine too, sounds right up my street. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 9764
    boogieman said:
    equalsql said:
    Offset said:
    The Void (2017), Prime

The best Cthulhu Mythos-influenced horror movie out there in my book.  It has echoes of Carpenter's The Thing and more than a little Hellraiser to it, but the Lovecraftian themes are by far the strongest influences.  Very gory, very weird, unbelievably creepy and fairly disturbing.  I love it.  A synopsis would be fairly pointless and take up too much space so just strap yourself in and dim the lights.

NB: don't confuse this with The Void from 2002, which is a bucket of effluent.

As a movie: 8/10

For the genre: 9.75/10
    Oooh @Offset ;, that sounds like fun so going on my watch list. Thanks for recommendation  :)
    Going on mine too, sounds right up my street. 

Watched it a while ago, and agree, it's pretty good. The Thing is one of my all time favourite films and the maker of this is definitely a fan too 

Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    Philly_Q said:

Now that you're in the right mindset, I think you might like Zombie (aka Zombie Flesh Eaters, aka Zombi 2) better if you watched it again.
    Very possibly, but I can't get past Ian McCulloch because all I can think of is Greg Preston in Survivors...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Offset said:
    Philly_Q said:

Very possibly, but I can't get past Ian McCulloch because all I can think of is Greg Preston in Survivors...
    It's strange, although I watched Survivors I didn't remember him at all, so to me he's just a bloke with an incipient combover who was in a handful of cool Italian horror movies.