Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• roberty said:
    Okay the squeamish among you may wish to look away at this point...

Jesus titty f'ing Christ what have you done?!! 

Burn the heretic! 

Surely there must be a responsible ownership clause? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • terada said:
    Peach have been great through this thread, but they’ve played this one wrong (for them) imo
    Have we? The guitar were sold in store and online as soon as they went up? We are a bricks and mortar store don't forget. We do have customers in the shop every day looking for les pauls!

No you haven't. Well done for letting someone else get their hands on one before the vultures on here pounced! A lot of greed in this thread.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • terada said:
    Ok. If they pass the QC, we will put a message on here saying what time they’ll go live and then everyone can have a fair crack at it

peachguitarsdotcom said:
    terada said:
    Peach have been great through this thread, but they’ve played this one wrong (for them) imo
    Have we? The guitar were sold in store and online as soon as they went up? We are a bricks and mortar store don't forget. We do have customers in the shop every day looking for les pauls!
    For me you have.

You didn't do what you said you would.

What's worse I spoke to your store when they were in stock for info on them, but rather than give any info was told to check the forum as they would go up there first.

This ^
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • roberty said:

Looks great and what a top. What is the pickup in the bridge now? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    roberty said:

Cheers.  It's an early 1980s Super Distortion (triangle legs, 2x3 bobbin holes, two core conductor+earth), so a historically accurate molestation

My choices were to leave it at home with stock pup, or change it and take it out with me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    roberty said:
    roberty said:

Cheers.  It's an early 1980s Super Distortion (triangle legs, 2x3 bobbin holes, two core conductor+earth), so a historically accurate molestation

My choices were to leave it at home with stock pup, or change it and take it out with me
    You definitely made the best choice! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited September 2018
    Fishboy7 said:

Perfect for one of these!

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4005
    I, for one am never going to bash Peach, not only have they always given me excellent Trade ins but also been very upfront about the whole R8 issue and the Feeding Frenzy that has surrounding these excellent deals.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sweepy said:
    I, for one am never going to bash Peach, not only have they always given me excellent Trade ins but also been very upfront about the whole R8 issue and the Feeding Frenzy that has surrounding these excellent deals.
    +1
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    Ossyrocks said:
    sweepy said:
    +1
    ++1
    terada said:
    roberty said:
    roberty said:

You definitely made the best choice! 
    I had the ding touched up as well and the nut cut for 11s, after all the work there's still ££ left in my pocket from GG part refund
    If "played it wrong" means selling lots of expensive goods for the asking price immediately, I'll take some of that wrong for my day job please.
    That's not what I meant by it. For me it's not about selling goods at a bargain price (clearly not rocket science as GG did it as a lucky dip without pics or weights), but the impression it gives.

I definitely feel like it was misleading (not that it was especially significant to me as I'd already made a purchase).

I'm sure this wasn't their intention, but if that was the genuine feedback my clients had of actions my business took you can bet that I'd want to know about it and review how that perception could come to be. :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited September 2018
    mli3 said:
    Ossyrocks said:
    sweepy said:
    +1
    ++1
    No bashing from me, I myself have had good experience with them - even stated so in this thread. No polarising from me either, I think they could have done much better on the most recent batch.

That said, perhaps it is best to leave it there, as this thread has been wonderful and it would be to its detriment for it move in such a negative direction. Peach, if you would like feedback PM me. :)
  • terada said:
    Ok. If they pass the QC, we will put a message on here saying what time they’ll go live and then everyone can have a fair crack at it

peachguitarsdotcom said:
    terada said:
    For me you have.

You didn't do what you said you would.

What's worse I spoke to your store when they were in stock for info on them, but rather than give any info was told to check the forum as they would go up there first.

This ^
    The first guitar that was qc'd and photographed went online and i notified the forum straight away and Gareth purchased it immediately. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    That's very true, but what about the three Dirty Lemons?  I think people were waiting on a notification for those too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • PAGE 100 is calling....
    Just found out that this dirty lemon will shortly be on GG. Part of the latest batch. Weight 9.1lb

• Twinfan said:
    That's very true, but what about the three Dirty Lemons?  I think people were waiting on a notification for those too.
    They were but they were sold before i got a chance to. The web team put the last 2 online last night and they subsequently sold immediately. I do have 2 more coming that i've allocated to my own account within the shop, so they can't be sold before i get my hands on them. 
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1271
    edited September 2018
    I don’t understand why anyone here think Peach owes them anything....

they are a business and in my opinion one of the most customer focused out there. As such, they need to remain as unbiased and consistent to all of their customers, whether they are people on here, Facebook, web and of course those that come in store. 

To get the guitars ready, they need to go through QC (which you’ve all admitted has been great, rather than the GuitarGuitar version) and that takes time - they have one tech who sorts this all out and they have many, many other guitars to check over - unbelievably their business does not rest soley on £2.5k Les Pauls....

Next is pictures, which again takes time because as many have said here, Peach’s pics/descriptions give a clear indication of what the guitar actually looks like and of course they also weigh them. 

I don’t think anyone should give them any stick for taking the time to do these things or for selling guitars in store before letting anyone here know, especially considering how they have been with everyone during this whole thing (including adding some free stuff in the case when people moaned about sticky necks!). 

Talk about biting the hand that feeds. Maybe next time they won’t be so inclined to let us know about anything! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 20reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Fifty9Fifty9 Frets: 459
    edited September 2018
    It’s pretty clear that Peach have offered the best balance of attentive customer service with moving high volumes quickly. I had my own issue which meant I missed out on one (it was for my second one mind you...) from them but I’m clearly in the minority. Mishaps will happen but it doesn’t detract from the overall intention & level of service they offer us as guitar addicts/players, tfb in particular. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    Don't get me wrong, I think Peach did a great job  :)

I'm just commenting on what people's expectations may have been, given the messages in this thread, and how the reality was a little different.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I was going on the forum posts as to when they would go online (and Peach's email saying a few days earlier that they were due soon)....and as soon as I checked the top and the weight, I couldn't mess about so I bought it. I think the ones that went online late last night show that they are working long days/nights to get these online and checked thoroughly before anyone buys them. Better that than they go straight online and you find an issue with it which Peach would find, or you wanted a certain top/weight (like me).

Once we knew that Peach were starting to upload them, I was checking myself anyway even though I had just bought one.

I was looking a Codas as well, this was when Peach sold out of their big batch, but none of them spoke to me like the one I just bought. 

I think Peach have handled this crazy busy period well! It's only really Peach and Coda that have warned us about stock.
  • Let's just get back to everyone enjoying their guitars!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • This will be forever known as the 'R8 Peach Deal of 2018' when people are still on the forum in a few years, and the R8s are £6k.
    This will be forever known as the 'R8 Peach Deal of 2018' when people are still on the forum in a few years, and the R8s are £6k.
    Absolutely, I'm very intrigued to see what the 2019 R8 prices will be
  • dont get the negative comments for peach at all
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Anyone dig the colour over colour Les Pauls....?
  • terada said:
    This will be forever known as the 'R8 Peach Deal of 2018' when people are still on the forum in a few years, and the R8s are £6k.
    Absolutely, I'm very intrigued to see what the 2019 R8 prices will be
    Can't see the guitars or specs being different to the 2018's to be honest, they've only started shipping these in the last few months, they should be £4099 but someone out there started a price war so they're going out at £3299 which is a rather rubbish margin for us dealers..
  • Anyone dig the colour over colour Les Pauls....?
    Do you mean the painted over series? 

Not for me, but........go on, spill the beans!