Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Twinfan said:
    Yep, tall plastics on these and other CS LPs.
    Will USA range pickup rings fit on these? Wavering over fitting a high output bridge pup, may need some clearance to balance with stock neck. Changing them both is a rabbit hole I'd rather avoid
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    I would think so - any Gibson spec plastic will work.  SG rings are lower, for example, and should work.  Lots of suppliers have rings in low/medium/high versions.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbomb said:
    Some beautiful guitars here but nothing that’s killing my 2005 LP Standard Faded or Slash GAS... if anyone is shifting one to pay for their R8 after the fact then let me know! 

Chris I have that Standard Faded GAS too. Can't shake it off.
    I haven’t been able to shake it since I set eyes on one in 2005 and now I can afford one I can’t find one. It has to be the non weight relieved 2005 with the 50s neck in tobacco, so I am quite picky. I suspect I may end up getting a traditional and then as soon as I get one a standard faded will crop up!

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1273
    roberty said:
    Twinfan said:
    Will USA range pickup rings fit on these? Wavering over fitting a high output bridge pup, may need some clearance to balance with stock neck. Changing them both is a rabbit hole I'd rather avoid
    Yes but different materials and likely different colour. That may not bother you, but you will be burned in hell for polluting your R8 with modern appointments. You utter bastard.

My pickups also sit below the top of the plastics. 

I love mine more every time I pick it up. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • So what was the actual price on these before the discount? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1624
    £4299 retail I think, but I think they were advertised around £3799?
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    So what was the actual price on these before the discount? 
    The R8s were normally advertised at £4299. Believe some shops had them at £3999 for a while though. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I thought some were £3299? Then £2799 then this drop..?
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    I thought some were £3299? Then £2799 then this drop..?
    Possibly in the most recent days before the clearance, I wasn’t looking that closely. 

Peach were originally offering the overstock models at £2799 but only dropped to £2499 to match Guitarguitar. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    Twinfan said:
    thanks mate
  • dbphotodbphoto Frets: 716
    I thought some were £3299? Then £2799 then this drop..?
    GuitarGuitar still have a few R8’s listed:

£3299 for 2018 models
    £4299 for 2017 models

Which makes bugger all sense really.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Incredible guitar and so pleased with it 

Only complaint was that the neck is way to sticky. Could hear it squeaking whilst playing as my hands were getting stuck to it 

The polish on the neck tip worked a treat though and was gliding up and down in no time 
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    edited September 2018
    RMJ said:
    roberty said:
    Twinfan said:
    Yes but different materials and likely different colour. That may not bother you, but you will be burned in hell for polluting your R8 with modern appointments. You utter bastard.

My pickups also sit below the top of the plastics. 

I love mine more every time I pick it up. 
    All reversible ;-) the tech I use has some of the cleanest soldering I've seen

• koss59koss59 Frets: 779
    roberty said:
    Twinfan said:
    I’ll swap you some a pair off a Les Paul Standard for your Historic rings ;)
    Facebook.com/nashvillesounduk/
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1271
    edited September 2018
    Fifty9 said:
    roberty said:
    RMJ said:
    I was wondering beforehand just how much better a custom shop guitar would be compared to my Standard production line models 

Well my Joe Perry sig standard still rocks but my 2016 standard now feels and sounds cheap compared to the R8 quality and I don’t say that lightly.  Everything about it feels cheap now 

That's interesting as I had the opposite revelation. Comparing my R8 to my Traditional I was surprised how well the traditional held up. It was the aggregation of small things that ultimately mkes the R8 a better guitar, but I didn't feel the Traditional was cheap in any way.

Is there anything specific you noticed?
    Same, after a few days away I've come back and played mine back to back with my '16 Traditional and the Traditional does come close IMO. The wood is obviously a nicer on the CS but I marginally prefer the modern appointments on the Traditional. In two minds about selling the Traditional now
    Same here. I bought a Traditional from @Adamski and it’s a great one. Same weight as my new r8, nice top, very well finished & setup overall, one minor cosmetic flaw aside. Genuinely not much in it at all from my experience and the Traditionals can be really great guitars. Clearly the custom shop is better spec and I like the vos rather than gloss finish but the actual differences are very subjective and certain nothing any non-corksniffer would have the slightest inkling about.

Told ya that was a belting Les Paul! Glad you’re enjoying it. i was surprised to see you dip in for a ‘58, but not as surprised as I was when I did too!! Haha. Especially after telling myself I’d never own a Les Paul again. 

Update - the chest infection beat me so there’s a good chance I won’t be picking mine up until next Wednesday, which is a good two weeks post order! 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    pmbomb said:
    Some beautiful guitars here but nothing that’s killing my 2005 LP Standard Faded or Slash GAS... if anyone is shifting one to pay for their R8 after the fact then let me know! 

Chris I have that Standard Faded GAS too. Can't shake it off.
    I haven’t been able to shake it since I set eyes on one in 2005 and now I can afford one I can’t find one. It has to be the non weight relieved 2005 with the 50s neck in tobacco, so I am quite picky. I suspect I may end up getting a traditional and then as soon as I get one a standard faded will crop up!
    man that long? you owe it to yourself to scratch that itch.

they do come up on Gumtree and Ebay, they're often not described correctly. and there's a dealer somewhere who usually has 3 or so if you're willing to pay his margin (I think he imports them).
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1273
    So what was the actual price on these before the discount? 
    I got mine for 3k taking advantage of 10% 24hr discount that peach ran on all stock. That for me was a bargain price. You lot should be rejoicing 
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ossyrocks said:
    I’m really enjoying seeing everyone putting pics up of these now. There are some lovely guitars in this thread.

Regarding mine, I am really enjoying them both, and I don’t have a favourite, they are both quite different. 

I had a thought today, wouldn’t it be great to get them all in one room? Probably would never happen, but that would be a Les Paul fest of epic proportions!
    I’m pretty sure they actually were all in one room at some point... at Peach Guitars!

Ok I’m lying, I’d kill for one of these R8s but I couldnt justify it.

Interesting about Traditionals... the one I played recently wasn’t very good but I wonder if it’s worth trying a few out?
     its going to cost you a similar sum to get a slash LP
  • Ossyrocks said:
    I’m really enjoying seeing everyone putting pics up of these now. There are some lovely guitars in this thread.

Regarding mine, I am really enjoying them both, and I don’t have a favourite, they are both quite different. 

I had a thought today, wouldn’t it be great to get them all in one room? Probably would never happen, but that would be a Les Paul fest of epic proportions!
    I’m pretty sure they actually were all in one room at some point... at Peach Guitars!

Ok I’m lying, I’d kill for one of these R8s but I couldnt justify it.

Interesting about Traditionals... the one I played recently wasn’t very good but I wonder if it’s worth trying a few out?
     its going to cost you a similar sum to get a slash LP
    Not used... a Rosso Corsa just went for £1615 on eBay... I’ve got about £1750 to play with, £2k at a push so not quite R8 budget...

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• 0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Wow @Modellista that is a stunner! Definitely one of my favourite ones so far! Congratulations! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you

• That does it for me!

I think you may have got the best top of the bunch in washed cherry and the colour is superb.
  • pmbombpmbomb Frets: 1169
    ^^ bloody nice.
  • Think I’m actually now preferring the 58 profile to a 60’s neck 

Hands were aching after several hrs play but the 60’s feels to angled on the edges now. Digging into hand 
  • FWIW if anyone is hell bent on a dirty lemon, mine's going back to GG tomorrow...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 10961
    JerkMoans said:
    FWIW if anyone is hell bent on a dirty lemon, mine's going back to GG tomorrow...

This thread could go on for months.  Someone buys your return, and then they return it and so on ........
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • crunchman said:
    JerkMoans said:
    FWIW if anyone is hell bent on a dirty lemon, mine's going back to GG tomorrow...

This thread could go on for months.  Someone buys your return, and then they return it and so on ........
    More or less the Battle of evermore played out daily in the Classifieds on here :D
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JerkMoans said:
    What didn’t you like about it to send it back ?