Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). R8 Peach Deal - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

R8 Peach Deal

What's Hot

Comments

• I was tempted but the two I like have now gone. Saved me from spending too much!
    There’s another 26 on the way 
    Ah! You've been to the guitar buying school of @HarrySeven. Two out, 26 in.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1660
    Mine is bottom left, 8 7253
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    The ‘59 neck profile is what did it for me. On top of that, these have all True Historic plastics. I sold my 2014 R0 for more than this and the spec wasn’t as good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 388
    Great deal. I actually part x,d an R8 a couple of months back and got more for it from a dealer than these are up for.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    adampeter said:
    Mines top left 87449, a lightweight 8lb  =)
    Blimey that IS light, mine was 8lb10 which I thought was pretty good!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mli3mli3 Frets: 206
    @peachguitarsdotcom , will there be any '58 necks or just the ltd run '59 ?

thanks
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Ossyrocks said:
    The ‘59 neck profile is what did it for me. On top of that, these have all True Historic plastics. I sold my 2014 R0 for more than this and the spec wasn’t as good.
    Me too, to get the R9 TH spec but with a plain top is a great combo
  • terada said:
    So which ones have been bought by the forum? Mine's bottom right...

Ooo ya bugger you beat me to it so I had to go for the tobacco one ;-)

Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    terada said:

Sorry about that ;) ! To be honest the tobacco was my other favourite. great minds eh?
  • terada said:
    Sorry about that ;) ! To be honest the tobacco was my other favourite. great minds eh?
    No worries, I was happy with either and struggling to make up my mind so you solved my problem lol
    Link to my trading feedback: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58787/
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    Top two on left....my favourites. 
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5511
    I have one of these late 2017 R8s and it's a brilliant guitar - a plain top and an R9 neck profile is my perfect Les Paul.

The 2018 R8s have smaller frets, which aren't my cup of tea.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2517
    tFB Trader
    JerkMoans said:
    Rabs said:
    Wouldn’t those be an Arrrrrrrrr 8?

Ha..  You win the internet for the day  ;)
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2517
    tFB Trader
    Rabs said:
    That looks very much my cup of tea but I know if I buy one it would end up on here within 3 months for £1250 as Les Pauls never seem to stick with me.

it looks beautiful though and the video showing how the wood is recovered is fascinating too.

If I had the money and were in the market.. Id snap that up....
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    Nah my standard is still my go to les Paul. Can't see another one being as good as that one :) However some of those did take my eye for their looks :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1111
    I win! I was a nano second from clicking add to basket on one...then had a word with myself! 
    Same here! I was about to click on a Dirty Lemon. Then remembered I have a lemon and I’m picking up an oxblood R4 tomorrow...
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13679
    Resale value of my £3,300 2016 R8 just nose dived...

Oh well, not selling anyway, I wish PRS would do something similar with DGTs! I'm saving for one and not selling the R8 to fund it, you hear me brain, you're not selling the R8!

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    I best not click on the link to peach.
    Brize said:
    I have one of these late 2017 R8s and it's a brilliant guitar - a plain top and an R9 neck profile is my perfect Les Paul.

I forgot these have the smaller frets, no good for me then.

• hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    Mines 87319. Not in that picture but great Peach YouTube demo of it:

https://youtu.be/84iD9L2sqRE
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2170

Oh well, not selling anyway, I wish PRS would do something similar with DGTs! I'm saving for one and not selling the R8 to fund it, you hear me brain, you're not selling the R8!
    There's a DGT SE in the pipeline apparently. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Brize said:

I forgot these have the smaller frets, no good for me then.
    These are 2017 models: so proper frets
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100

Don't worry once these are sold out the value should return...
    Peach are smashing it here with these deals

hyperben said:

Sounds Lovely - Here's the vid for mine

So, I got contacted by Peach today after buying mine. It has suffered quite a ding/gouge on a back edge. Peach sent me pics after alerting me to this, well done Peach! Peach have been brilliant in dealing with this, giving me various options, and I have opted to choose another from the next batch due in soon, at the same spec. 

So, I’m going to have to be patient now. But kudos to Peach, I can’t fault them.

Rob
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Ossyrocks said:
    So, I got contacted by Peach today after buying mine. It has suffered quite a ding/gouge on a back edge. Peach sent me pics after alerting me to this, well done Peach! Peach have been brilliant in dealing with this, giving me various options, and I have opted to choose another from the next batch due in soon, at the same spec. 

So, I’m going to have to be patient now. But kudos to Peach, I can’t fault them.

Rob
    ❤️ We’ll get you a belter!
  • johnljohnl Frets: 2011
    My bank account is telling me I'd be spending £2.5k on yet another guitar. My heart is telling me that I'd be saving £2k on yet another guitar....
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • hyperbenhyperben Frets: 1399
    terada said:
    hyperben said:

Sounds Lovely - Here's the vid for mine

That sounds great!  =)
  • terada said:

Was absolutely gutted that went. I had my finger on the trigger. Congrats, you lucky...so and so, you!
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922