Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    4 hours in A&E - now we have gin :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698

Bigjon complemented my playing from last night at the Rock Jam. I'm well pleased with that.

Esp the "better then Kirk Hammett" solo bit....... 

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Lixarto said:

I'd suggest a pub next time, get served WAY quicker than that!
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 3950
    Lixarto said:
      The order of cause and effect would generally work in the opposite direction for me :(

Hope you're feeling better!
    Not me - my son fell and hurt his hip.

Nothing broken, just sore - but thanks :)
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742

My g/f and I visited my ex's place yesterday to see my son, who lives with her. Had a jolly nice lunch and a long walk and chat with my son. Also the ex let me have a bunch of photos of my kids when they littlies.  :)

When I got home mr postman Pat had kindly delivered me a nice shiney CD that I'd forgotten I'd ordered.

Probably not to everyone's taste, but Five Finger Death Punch's American Capitalist shall be getting a long and loud blast on my way to and from work tomorrow.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 11742
    mike_l said:

When I got home mr postman Pat had kindly delivered me a nice shiney CD that I'd forgotten I'd ordered.

Probably not to everyone's taste, but Five Finger Death Punch's American Capitalist shall be getting a long and loud blast on my way to and from work tomorrow.

Excellent. I keep hearing them on Team Rock, they sound pretty good to me. They do a great version of Oops I Did It Again, is that on the CD?.
    No I only have Oops on the original Britney CD... >:D<

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Always saw you as more of a Sophie Ellis-Wideface sort of chap.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    I'm not too fussy, being an ugly bastard I can't afford to be fussy.... >:D<

I finally got off my arse (figuratively, not literally) and booked a plumber to fix our central heating.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    This morning someone gave me a POD 2.0 out of the blue and this afternoon someone announced that they were going to give me a power supply and some patch cables. 

Today is a good gear day.

Today is the last day of my half-liquid half-solid diet.

Back to proper, all solid food tomorrow...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    Just been made a very tempting job offer (after 2 months, 3 interviews, a presentation, and some on-line testing I might add!)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Sprog 2 has secured herself a spot of the very oversubscribed school bus. The bad news is that the bus company want some money to let her go on it.  
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130
    mike_l said:

Today is the last day of my half-liquid half-solid diet.

Back to proper, all solid food tomorrow...

Off the booze at last, Mike? Well done!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    @Chilli off the booze? are you insane? Waiting for a night of beer'n'bab is what kept me going

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130

Well, I'm feeling pretty pleased with myself as the only time I've had a drink since 11th August was last Tuesday night, when admittedly I did get trollied. Me and Mrs C are trying to lay off it during the week, at least until we go on holiday. So far it's worked well, aside from the transgression mentioned. I was kind of hoping that I might lose a bit of weight, but with only recently being able to move about and walk any distance has meant it hasn't happened. Still, every night off is a bonus.

Our old drummer used to abstain for a month at a time, then go banzai on a Friday and drink until 5 in the morning, sleep the whole of the next day, and then repeat the performance the next day. We never gigged without him being hungover and grump as fuck.

Whilst looking for a photo of JMo's letter (in the Wallets discussion), I found this picture of my old friend Rex and me:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v349/Lixarto/Zap2020Rex_cr.jpg
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Who's who?
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    Zap's the one not wearing glasses..... >:D<

Wow he's a handsome fellow our Zap!
  • I are got a-banned!

(I got better though)
    Oooo i'd like to hear that.
  • the gf has recovered from the tummy bug that was ailing her yesterday and is travelling to see me today after all :)

(so maybe it wasn't a waste of time cleaning the bathroom basin and putting bleach in the lav)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    viz said:
    Oooo i'd like to hear that.
    I fear you may have misunderstood.

It seems that I did not leave my propensity for accidentally banning people at MR.  :-S
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Oh I thought he meant he was in a new band!
  • My band days are long behind me now, just me and the PC these days.

As Sporky said, I was the victim of the mighty ban-hammer for several minutes last night! It may have scarred me for life emotionally, possibly ;)
    You join a fairly exclusive club.