Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1429
    mike_l said:

Day 2 of "proper food", and no ill effects.

This makes Mike very happy.

Also this evening @photek and myself are having a drive pedal test* session.

This makes Mike happy (and slightly deaf!!!)

*results/review tomorrow...

Great news dude. Looking forward to tonight's testing!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698

Cheers @photek, looking forward to testing tonight too.

I shall bring a couple of guitars, for some variation...

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    mike_l said:

Day 2 of "proper food", and no ill effects.

This makes Mike very happy.

Also this evening @photek and myself are having a drive pedal test* session.

This makes Mike happy (and slightly deaf!!!)

*results/review tomorrow...

Great news & have fun. :)
    edited August 2013

On checking my gear ready for tonight, I found my amp's footswitch wasn't working on both sides.

A quick trip into town and seeing the highly esteemed @bigjon, this is now sorted.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• mike_l said:

On checking my gear ready for tonight, I found my amp's footswitch wasn't working on both sides.

A quick trip into town and seeing the highly esteemed @bigjon, this is now sorted.

If I'd known you were going to see him I'd have said give him my regards
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    Comgrats Lexie, weeks will turn into months, months will turn into years. Great job!!
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    edited August 2013

@Phil_aka_Pip it wasn't really planned, only when I found at 10 last night that my footswitch was cattletrucked (or the cable was) and I didn 't really have time to fault-find or repair.

Still, it's good to know who can/will help when you need help. I should be going to the jam on sunday, so will pass on your regards then (if he hasn't already read this!). 

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    That was a nice bottle.

Sancerre, since you asked.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    I am wearing my new dinosaur pyjamas.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

@Sporky ; it's only 6-50 :-O

In other happy news, I've agreed to play Enter Sandman at the Rock-jam in Cambridge next Saturday, best get my Wah licks down then...........If anyone's in the Cambridge area......

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    But they're my new dinosaur pyjamas. When Lady BMcH makes you new dinosaur pyjamas, you wear them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    That's earned you a wisdom.
    Sporky said:
    But they're my new dinosaur pyjamas. When Lady BMcH makes you new dinosaur pyjamas, you wear them.
    You "on a promise"???

@Sporky ; Of course you're right, Never argue with Lady BMcH, that must be why you had them on at 6-50.

Straight after my weekly bath.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8201
    If all goes well, I'll be working before the end of the month.
    My V key is broken
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Lucky poos for Holn in the morning then...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    Good luck @Holnrew

• bertiebertie Frets: 12145
    Lucky poos for Holn in the morning then...

#-o
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    My dinosaur pyjamas performed excellently. I looked resplendent and slept very well.

http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae101/sporky_mcguffin/MININT-SES6DNU/dinopjs.jpg
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Jeez you've lost weight.
    Dinosaur print is very slimming.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Sunday lunch ...

• JayceeJaycee Frets: 263
    Sporky those pj's look awesome.  If I wore pj's I would get me a pair.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    Sporky said:
    Straight after my weekly bath.
    "Whether I need it or not!"
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    I had great fun with @bigjon and @TTony at the Cambridge blues jam this evening. even if my playing was a bit off....

Would have liked to have been there :(
    @viz ; Rock Jam next Saturday, I've volunteered to do Enter Sandman so it could bet loud...........

• TTony said:
    That was a nice bottle.

Sancerre, since you asked.
    The wine is good too. I've enjoyed it with fish :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I retrieved two very large tubs of Lego from my parents loft last night, which included a copy of the 1988 catalogue, so using my Sherlock Holmes powers of deduction I reckon it could have been packed away and forgotten about some 25 years ago.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter