Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    Just gave the kitten a bath and didnt get a single scratch :D
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    We've secured an interview on the radio to plug our new single, setting off for it now - should be fun!
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    Good luck Viz

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    We offered on a house today.
    Might be moving a whole 200m from where we currently are.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3532
    Back from a weekend away, my mother had Shakespears Stratford home on her bucket list so we visited Old Warden Sunday for a vintage flying day and Stratford Sunday nigh/Monday. Central Hotel right Opposite Nash's house/New place and decent grub in the resaurant. Also Sunday night caught a local band in Stratford called Sparkle Piano in the Piano Bar. Enjoyable experience and the guitaist made a good sound from a Les Paul Double cut.

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Thread un-stickied after consultation with other mods, as it's not really an 'announcement'.
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    mike_l said:
    Good luck Viz

Thank you mate!!!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Emp_Fab said:
    Thread un-stickied after consultation with other mods, as it's not really an 'announcement'.
    And because it's an active enough thread not to need it. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    edited August 2013
    We (Jonathan Stanford and I) had a great time yesterday, interviewing with Sue Marchant - Jonno's new song will be aired on the 25th on the BBC in Essex, Cambridgeshire, Suffolk and Norfolk, yay! Plus she made us jam another new song on acoustic which Jonno had only really just finished composing and I'd never heard till 10 minutes beforehand, which was a tad hair-raising!
    @viz awesomes......Now I can say I shared a stage with a radio star and guitaring gorrilla :-)

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    I almost have enough for the Yamaha THR10 I'm after. A couple of pedal sales have gone through and I've now got a gig a week Saturday so I don't actually need to sell my Kalamazoo...hurrah.
    mike_l said:
    @viz awesomes......Now I can say I shared a stage with a radio star and guitaring gorrilla :-)

Yeah but video's going to kill me I reckon :(
    viz said:
    mike_l said:

Yeah but video's going to kill me I reckon :(

Gorilla suit... ;-)

I almost have enough for the Yamaha THR10 I'm after. A couple of pedal sales have gone through and I've now got a gig a week Saturday so I don't actually need to sell my Kalamazoo...hurrah.
    I don't trust those THRs.

http://www.monkeyfx.co.uk/pictures/killer thc10r.png
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6284
    I seem to have recovered all my data from the dodgy disc - maybe it was overheating or something .......
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    Sporky said:

I don't trust those THRs.

http://www.monkeyfx.co.uk/pictures/killer thc10r.png

You know when you've been Sporky'd :-)

• Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9793
    edited August 2013
    We (I, at the boss's command) invented a new do-it-all protocol for all the company's devices. Having been involved in the commissioning of the first one to comply with my spec, i am now tasked with upgrading the firmware for the next one on the list. The guys in the building-stuff-for-customers dept downstairs have a test/commissioning program for the previous version of the board. The nice thing is that because its all the same message protocol all I need to make them an upgraded program is to plug a few different numbers into the test program I made for the first product. :)

Oh, and makey-worky under Windoze :( (life has its downers as well as its uppers doesn't it)

EDIT

Well, it compiled, but it wants the path to the port as arg1. On Linux that's easy, it's just /dev/ttyUSB0. WTF R U supposed to do in a DOS box under Windoze??

2nd EDIT

Wot woz oi finkin abaht?

Porting the program to a Raspberry Pi is a lot less hassle! Buying one of those for the guys downstairs is cheaper than buying me a Windoze PC and then paying me to port the program to the MickeySoft environment. I have already shown (as far as I can, without the device at the other end) that the ported program works... :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself

After 7 weeks on nothing but a liquid diet, and 2 on a partial liquid diet, 4 days and I'll be back to a normal diet.

This pleases me greatly.

• @mike_l I'm surprised you can stand up after  7 week bender! ;)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Very important and scary meeting with our largest customer yesterday - one we almost certainly couldn't continue without.

Despite all expectations, we were offered a three year contract (current terms are one year only) so long as we agree to drop our monthly fees by 5%, which our boss agreed on the spot.

Feeling much relief today regarding job security and ability to pay the rent/ put food on the table/ nappies on the little one's bottom.

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Nice one @rocknrolldave In other news I see you won the pedal give-away...hurrah
    @mike_l I'm surprised you can stand up after  7 week bender! ;)

Sadly the liquid in question isn't beer.

Yes it's shitimage

• Nice one @rocknrolldave In other news I see you won the pedal give-away...hurrah
    Thanks, @not_the_dj ; oh and ....I HAVE won the pedal giveaway! Outstanding start to the day!

mike_l said:

Sadly the liquid in question isn't beer.

Yes it's shitimage

Does it improve if you put some gin in it?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Sporky said:
    Does it improve if you put some gin in it?
    Never tried that, why don't I have your foresight oh wise one?

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17108
    tFB Trader
    The bubba has had her first wooden spoon and saucepan drumming experience :D
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • LixartoLixarto Frets: 1618
    Sporky said: Does it improve if you put some gin in it?
    Doesn't everything?
    "I can see you for what you are; an idiot barely in control of your own life. And smoking weed doesn't make you cool; it just makes you more of an idiot."
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17130

This morning, I had my first shit after my operation! I can honestly say it was the most painful shit of my life, sat on the khazi, holding my wound whilst straining and wailing. Childbirth? Pfft!

I just thought you should know.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    mike_l said:

After 7 weeks on nothing but a liquid diet, and 2 on a partial liquid diet, 4 days and I'll be back to a normal diet.

This pleases me greatly.

Congrats Mike - stay healthy :)

The bubba has had her first wooden spoon and saucepan drumming experience :D
    Have you posted it onto Soundcloud yet??
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    chillidoggy;11749" said:
    This morning, I had my first shit after my operation! I can honestly say it was the most painful shit of my life, sat on the khazi, holding my wound whilst straining and wailing. Childbirth? Pfft! I just thought you should know.
    Have you posted it onto soundcloud yet?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter