Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Clare_Bear's smiley happy thread

What's Hot

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 2921
    jd0272;1068549" said:
    Wee blonde lass is back from Australasia. :)
    Geezer :) @jd0272

"A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5698
    jd0272 said:
    And the  north east has run out of KY jelly............

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 4790
    jd0272 said:
    You're dating Kylie? Get in!!! :D
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • jd0272jd0272 Frets: 3867
    jd0272;1068549" said:
    Geezer :) @jd0272

I try :)

mike_l said:
    jd0272 said:
    And the  north east has run out of KY jelly............
    Not yet, we're both incredibly busy. It's complicated. Prefer almond oil ayhoo...  ;)
    jd0272 said:
    You're dating Kylie? Get in!!! :D
    I'm 44. Kylie's 47 (still would, obvs), Wee Blonde petite and 33. Happy days. :)
    "You do all the 'widdly widdly' bits, and just leave the hard stuff to me."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7749
    Got all but a couple of my second year exams done, and I don't have anything else until my theory ones on Thursday so I think I can afford to have a weekend off. I feel like I deserve it after being flat out with lessons, uni work and other commitments - rehearsals with three different bands, among other things - for the last few weeks.

And my guitar exam went far better than expected earlier - involves playing over a standard using altered scales and superimpositions etc etc, plus playing guitar parts of our own composing over three tracks in different styles (fusion, jazz and contemporary R&B in this case), then sight-reading a very complicated jazz-inspired piece we were supposed to practice in advance, plus a simpler unseen piece. All the practice paid off, I didn't even cock up the reading which is normally my weakest point. It helped that I was assessed by my favourite tutor, as opposed to my least favourite whom I was kind of expecting to see (I've had him for these exams a couple of times before and he makes me so uncomfortable that I go to pieces).
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9793
    @Bucket nice, just don't stumble now you're so close to the winning post :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    @Bucket nice, just don't stumble now you're so close to the winning post :)
    Hoping not to :D
    Having a guitar in desperate need of a fret level and dress. :(

Then finding a new tech (He's just gone pro) lives on literally the next road, about  minutes walk from mine.

I'll get back with his work standards when it's all done.

:D

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Getting said guitar back, after the much needed work.
    It's almost like a NGD.........

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    ^ nice one! Hope to see / hear it some day!
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Today is my one year anniversary at my new job.

Still haven't been fired!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8733

Someone stared at my new camouflage trousers and their jaw dropped to the floor. 

I am the man.

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    Sambostar said:

Someone stared at my new camouflage trousers and their jaw dropped to the floor. 

I am the man.

Stella?
    Fosters
    The editor that I've had to make for a weighbridge indicator with only up, down, and next buttons appears to work :) (Apparently keypads are too much for some weighbridge users, but why they like endlessly pressing buttons beats me totally)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Eh, my weighbridge operator has ginger hair and the other ones a total stoner.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    edited June 2016
    Sambostar said:
    Eh, my weighbridge operator has ginger hair and the other ones a total stoner.
    Sexy is as sexy does.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Sambostar said:
    Fosters
    Yerch. Dishwater. Where's yer standards gone???
  • As long as one of two possible people agree to a swap of a Saturday in July in work tomorrow, I can book my trip to this year's Tour de France finale in Paris!

*fingers crossed*

#bastardsprobablywont
    viz said:
    ^ nice one! Hope to see / hear it some day!
    I'll be over your way next weekend if you'd like a play..

jd0272 said:
    Sambostar said:

I am the man.

Stella?
    Piss stains most likely

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • As long as one of two possible people agree to a swap of a Saturday in July in work tomorrow, I can book my trip to this year's Tour de France finale in Paris!

*fingers crossed*

#bastardsprobablywont
    Update.

Long weekend in Paris booked for the Tour de France finish :D

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33263
    What a fantastic day.
    I've decided that I have no problems that cannot be fixed by a bit of sun.

Did some yard work, went to karate, lay in the sun for a few hours.
    Oh and I found out that I am going to China at the end of the month which will be awesome.
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5772
    Flights booked to Venice (next February) and hotels sorted, will be having a few days there then a train over to to Rome for the Italy v Wales in the 6 Nations which I've wanted to do for years. Happy days.

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

Roobi (cat) has had a problem in her fur coat for some time. The fur is dry, matted, and a bit yuk. We think it's because being a very old lady, she can't reach round to groom herself on her lower back towards her tail. I manage now and again to run a fine rake through that patch to collect the dead fur (she doesn't like it so I have to scruff her, but she's getting the idea now that she has no choice in the matter and that I'm not actually trying to hurt her). I've been giving her tinned fish for evening meal, so I can mosh into it the contents of a glucosamine/chondroitin capsule. I'm hoping it will make her joints feel better, and loosen up her spine so that she can reach to groom herself. Today I saw her reach round and pull out a tuft of fur from the afflicted area. It looks to me as though she will begin grooming that patch as and when she feels able to reach it.

I know how she feels. It's hard work putting on socks, doing up shoelaces, reaching round to wipe my bum ... so I'm doing the same capsules one in the morning one at night - except that I can swallow them whole I don't need to mosh the contents into tinned fish.
    I slipped over in the kitchen last night. Landed really hard on my bum, wrenched my neck a bit and I seem to have a small tear in a muscle around my belly (who knew I had muscle there?).

This may not sound very happy or smiley, but I didn't break anything so I feel quite lucky. Just a bit sore this morning.
    Take it easy @Sporky, hope you feel better soon :)
    Ta. I don't seem to have done any serious damage.

Also it was quite nice that mere moments after the loud crashing noise and me going "ow!", Lady BMcH had arrived in the kitchen to make sure I wasn't dead. I think she likes me.

Also here is a recent photo of Sprocket doing her Billy Idol impression.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 293
    Sprocket is a very cool lady Sporky ...

I got my results for second year through today.

Particularly pleased with 95% in music theory.

Also I'm listening to the nearly-finished mixes of my band's EP which comes out next week. It sounds great!
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter