Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). theFB Jam - South (WaterRats) SetList - Events Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

theFB Jam - South (WaterRats) SetList

What's Hot

Comments

• ftumchftumch Frets: 673
    Is it too late to go on the reserves list?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    edited February 2018
    ftumch said:
    Not at all @ftumch - we'll keep the reserves list open until more or less the day of the jam.

People are bound to have to withdraw for one reason or another between now and then - two already did, so the two people originally on the reserve list are now confirmed attending.

You're currently second reserve, so I'd bet on you getting a place too.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ftumchftumch Frets: 673
    TTony said:
    ftumch said:
    Not at all @ftumch - we'll keep the reserves list open until more or less the day of the jam.

People are bound to have to withdraw for one reason or another between now and then - two already did, so the two people originally on the reserve list are now confirmed attending.

You're currently second reserve, so I'd bet on you getting a place too.
    Great stuff :) 
    What do i do about songs then? Wait and see if im confirmed then put a request in? My own fault for dithering.
  • @TTony ; you've not put me in on bass for sweet home yet... Assume you missed it and you're not just protecting everyone from my incompetence ;)

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2093
    @TTony ; you've not put me in on bass for sweet home yet... Assume you missed it and you're not just protecting everyone from my incompetence ;)
    It's not the bassline that's difficult. it's staying awake whilst playing it. 
  • slacker said:
    @TTony ; you've not put me in on bass for sweet home yet... Assume you missed it and you're not just protecting everyone from my incompetence ;)
    It's not the bassline that's difficult. it's staying awake whilst playing it. 
    That's why I picked it ;) 

Done now @Legionreturns ;

Who's play what list updated.
    :)
    Thought it might be worth bumping this a reminder to everyone.

Get practising ...
    The proposed setlist / running order is  below.

Assuming 10 mins per track (to allow for people to plug in and remember what they're playing) and a few 15 min breaks, the running order is a full 5 hours.  Which will be tight to fit it all in.

A few  Qs;
    @Differs - can I bump you OFF the bass role on Fire?  Means that lovestrat74Jr can play bass with @lovestrat74 on guitar.
    @Flanging_Fred -  Shot By Both Sides isn't getting a lot of love.  Perhaps we jettison that?  I've tagged you as it was your suggestion.

There are still a few bass slots open, and a few vocals too.  Various people offered to "fill in" on anything needed, but rather than me allocate you, would you like to put your names down for a specific empty slot?

A couple of  tracks are well represented for rhythm, but empty for lead. 

@MarkBlagdon @Tone71 @Brocco @lovestrat74 @TADodger @darthed1981 - do any of you fancy lead on either of the two run throughs on Come Together?

@Tone71 @Flanging_Fred @TADodger @McToot - ditto on Fortunate Son

@bridgehouse - if you've any suggestions from your experience of Quad & Sasquatch, please shout!
    @poopot - just so you see this too.

• Tony, I stuck my name down for bass on Sweet home a while ago. I'm happy to pick another bass track as long as it's not too complicated. 

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Quick question - I’m or the Axe III if it turns up, shall I bring my DXR10, or straight into the PA there?
    Tony, I stuck my name down for bass on Sweet home a while ago. I'm happy to pick another bass track as long as it's not too complicated. 
    Ahhh yes, added you in now.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Yes I’ll do lead on the version of Come Together I’m not singing on.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    And I can’t sing on the first Honky Tonk woman version , I’m busy concentrating on the guitar.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    peteri said:
    Quick question - I’m or the Axe III if it turns up, shall I bring my DXR10, or straight into the PA there?
    For the main set I suspect straight into a PA, but for jamming in the other rooms it helps to be self sufficient. I might bring a Atomic CLR for the AX8.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Thanks I’ll bring the speaker then, will be interesting to compare 
  • TTony said:
    Tony, I stuck my name down for bass on Sweet home a while ago. I'm happy to pick another bass track as long as it's not too complicated. 
    Ahhh yes, added you in now.
    I also vaguely recall saying I'd play the acoustic but on comfy, not that I've even looked at that yet

mrkb said:
    And I can’t sing on the first Honky Tonk woman version , I’m busy concentrating on the guitar.
    Thanks - added you in for that.
    mrkb said:
    And  removed you from vox on the one you're playing guitar on
    :(

Win one, lose one!
  • I’ll have a crack at the Lead on fortunate son.

Dont worry about “Shot by both Sides”, I think it’s a great tune but maybe a little ‘left of centre’ for many.
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 598
    I`ll have a pop at lead on Come Together, either one or both.

Don`t expect great things though!! :) 
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    Happy to give the first solo on Come Together a try - will need a buddy though as it's harmonised. There is a good YT video from guitarlessons365.
    edited April 2018
    Brocco said:
    Happy to give the first solo on Come Together a try - will need a buddy though as it's harmonised. There is a good YT video from guitarlessons365.

tell me which part from the first solo you want to play and I'll learn the other harmony part. I'll add a four bar intro thats played by the piano to lead into the harmonised solo bit.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • MtBMtB Frets: 908
    @TTony - I don't think I've yet confirmed to you, but the bass line on Down at the Doctors is simple enough that I can handle it. Who's gonna play the harmonica and piano parts tho'? Any takers out there?
    edited April 2018
    @MtB ;;
    You mean you'll do bass & vocals instead of rhythm & vocals?

MtB said:
    Who's gonna play the harmonica and piano parts tho'? Any takers out there?
    Is that you @alnico?  Playing those parts on guitar...

• AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4610
    edited April 2018
    TTony said:
    @MtB ;;;;
    You mean you'll do bass & vocals instead of rhythm & vocals?

MtB said:
    Who's gonna play the harmonica and piano parts tho'? Any takers out there?
    Is that you @alnico?  Playing those parts on guitar...

I'm playing something over those bars which would normally have the Harmonica playing but I'm trying to make it contrast with the actual guitar solo which immediately follows it so it's not just one long solo.

Is that ok?

EDIT:

If someone does want to cover that Harmonica section with an improvised solo of their own, which will naturally contrast with mine (which will be as close to the record as I can get it) that would work better and give more scope to more people. I don't want to take up both Solos if someone else wants to improvise over that first section?
  • MtBMtB Frets: 908
    edited April 2018
    Yes, I'll do bass and vocals @TTony ;
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 77
    @mrkb if ok with you I'll take the higher harmonic section of the first solo (from 6:20 in the guitarlessons365 video).
    Brocco said:
    @mrkb if ok with you I'll take the higher harmonic section of the first solo (from 6:20 in the guitarlessons365 video).
    Yep, that’s fine with me.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    Happy to try either harmonic for lead on come together Mk2 and lead on Fortunate Son Mk2.