Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Epiphone Joe Bonamassa '63 SG Custom - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Epiphone Joe Bonamassa '63 SG Custom

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• OffsetOffset Frets: 9212
    soma1975 said:
    Nothing branded Joe Bonamassa will ever appreciate in value.
    Go and try to buy a Epi Firebird I in either colour, for less than double the RRP. 
    That's the asking price.  But would anyone be mad enough to pay it?  Do they actually sell for that?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Used to be a Jo Bo fan boy in his early years, when he had some fire and had to prove himself. Then he became a business. Shades, suit, expensive guitars, and it all got a uiy blame and predictable.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Used to be a Jo Bo fan boy in his early years, when he had some fire and had to prove himself. Then he became a business. Shades, suit, expensive guitars, and it all got a uiy blame and predictable.

I've got the album he did with the band Bloodline, featuring the sons of various well-known musicians - plus Joe - which was recorded when he was about 16.  I guess that might be his first professional recording?

After that, I've got a couple of the BCC albums and one or two of his solo albums, but I'm not really interested in blues or blues/rock nowadays.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • soma1975 said:
    Nothing branded Joe Bonamassa will ever appreciate in value.
    Go and try to buy a Epi Firebird I in either colour, for less than double the RRP. 
    Genuinely intrigued why anyone would pay double? Just...don't buy it?
    Well, Ive sold one for £1100 and that was 3 years+ ago. They seem to be closer to 3x now on sold listings. They are fantastic guitars. 
  • impmann said:
    Has anyone actually considered that it *could* be a very good instrument, irrespective of price and the dubious JoBo connection?
    We constantly have people raving over Chinese made Gibson copies made by Eastman - and they are similar money. So why couldn't these be just as 'great'?

Oh and for the record, whiney-white-boy-blooz bores the bollocks off me too. Posh suits, shades and expensive vintage guitars is as far removed from rock n roll and blues as it can be, IMHO.
    Because they aren't handmade, nitro finished guitars with some of the best components fitted as standard (Seymour Duncan/lollar pickups, gotoh hardware). I don't mind an epiphone, but these aren't in the same universe as an Eastman.

If they were genuinely upping the quality on these expensive Epiphones they would be shouting it from the rooftops on the marketing front.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Used to be a Jo Bo fan boy in his early years, when he had some fire and had to prove himself. Then he became a business. Shades, suit, expensive guitars, and it all got a uiy blame and predictable.

On first read I thought you were quoting JoBo lyrics there
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 29588
    Offset said:
    I think those sunburst JB Epiphone Firebirds have trebled in value, if you can find one.
    I seem to recall someone on here commenting that they'd owned one and it was a piece of crap.  They were definitely being listed for stupid money at one point but I'm perplexed as to why.  I don't think the 'value' has gone up, but the price has :-)
    That might have been me, I had one and couldn't get the neck to stabilise at all, despite it having the correct Firebird construction.

When I routed it for a neck pickup and switch the wood had that weird, almost damp balsa texture I'd also found on other Epiphones in the past. Apparently "mahogany" covers a range of species, many of which are nothing like what you'd find in a Gibson SG or even a 1960s school desk.

To be fair to Bonamassa, his requests regarding construction, hardware and electrics were adhered to and it sounded fantastic, but the neck relief changed on a daily basis. 
  • ColsCols Frets: 6405
    Ann Summers line of 'Rock with Joe's cock' vibrators are coming soon.
    I thought they were called the ‘Joe BonerMassive Rampant Rabbit’?
  • We are probably on the same page. 

This is right up my street as well...

My Bloody Valentine - Only Shallow (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Indeed we are! :D

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/