Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Good/bad dog names - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Good/bad dog names

What's Hot
SporkySporky Frets: 23802
edited September 2023 in Off Topic
On the basis of someone asking "what's your dog called?" 

Good: Flatpack (found her in the Ikea car park) 
Bad: Get Bent
"[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    edited September 2023
    Sporky said:
    Good/bad fog names
    Pea souper?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    Misty

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    The Great Stink?
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Haar...
  • Horn Leghorn?
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 1583
    The fog in San Francisco is called Karl
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662
    Gazzas hairspray.
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 26143
    Call it what you like - it takes no notice.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited September 2023
    CHRISB50 said:
    Misty
    Especially if it’s a German Shepherd
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    Bastard autocourgette. 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    good dog

unless it’s a bad dog, in which case Rishi
  • 1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited September 2023
    Lady BMcH just suggested "Dirty Mavis", though I'm not sure which category she intended. 
  • vizviz Frets: 10211
    edited September 2023
    Sporky said:
    Lady BMcH just suggested "Dirty Mavis", though I'm nit sure which category she intended. 
    How about fleabag? ;)
    Paul_C said: People never read the signature bit.
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662
    Surely...
    Male - Dave
    Female - Barbara

Dont worry, be silly.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3144
    Well Siri and Alexa were vetoed by SWMBO when we got our latest addition. I just call the old one “dog” and the new one “other dog”. Works for us 

they don’t care what they’re called as long as they get food, walks and attention. 
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 4979
    Oi 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    Uhtred son of Uhtred
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082

Sporky said:
    Lady BMcH just suggested "Dirty Mavis", though I'm nit sure which category she intended. 

A cat that lives at my house is called "Dirty Frank" so I think it's a grand name.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2600
    edited September 2023
    I knew a dog called Gearbox
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 12794
    tFB Trader
    Fenton
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 833
    Bella. Ours is called Bella. Three other dogs round here are called Bella.
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2600
    .. and my mates cat was called Dog (actually 'Squidgy Black Jesus Dog, but Dog for short).
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 1965
    I like Brad
  • SpoonManSpoonMan Frets: 138
    edited September 2023
    drofluf said:
    Well Siri and Alexa were vetoed by SWMBO when we got our latest addition. I just call the old one “dog” and the new one “other dog”. Works for us 

they don’t care what they’re called as long as they get food, walks and attention. 

I know someone that called his dog D.O.G.
    Pronounced deodge.

Vicious little shit! 
  • Meg

Can be both a good or bad name depending on how you feel about D list celebrities.
  • Neither appropriate or inappropriate, deliberately aimed to create a bemused effect when talking to random passers by:
    Bunny, Kitkat or Pigeon.
    I wanted to call the next dog Battlecat. 
  • My late aunt had a cocker spaniel called Gypsy. A lovely, but far from bright dog, who was pretty disobedient. One day he ran off in a local park that a group of the Irish travelling community had set up camp in. Made for an interesting challenge when trying to retrieve said pooch.

I had a girlfriend who had a cat called cat. 

My last two dogs were Brea and George.
  • My friend's dog was called Tiefi. She stopped some bloke trying to drown puppies in the River Tiefi, stopped him and kept one of them. 

I’ll handle this Violet, you take your three hour break. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter