Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Rubiales: "I'm not going to resign" - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Rubiales: "I'm not going to resign"

What's Hot

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5511
    Is anyone else reminded of 'The Kissing Sailor', who forcibly kissed a random girl on V-J Day?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    ^ Not really, no. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6460
    ^^^And numerous movies where the guy kisses the girl in a moment of high emotion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    We obviously have a lot of moral experts on the correct treatment of women on here, so can I ask a serious question.

Is it ok to have sex with a woman acquaintance where you wake her up and no words are spoken at all throughout the experience?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5511
    CHRISB50 said:
    ^ Not really, no. 
    It's an iconic photo, but I always thought it was a bit 'rapey' - you can see how forcibly he's holding her from his clenched knuckles. I think it's often assumed that it was his girlfriend, but he just grabbed a random girl from the street and kissed her.
  • Chalky said:
    We obviously have a lot of moral experts on the correct treatment of women on here, so can I ask a serious question.

Is it ok to have sex with a woman acquaintance where you wake her up and no words are spoken at all throughout the experience?
    It would depend on a number of factors.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Chalky said:

Or ‘married life’, as it’s also known.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 5625
    Chalky said:

(Your ... 'nuanced' ... approach to Russia makes a LOT more sense now.)

There are whole books written on non-verbal communication. Start reading.
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1082
    Chalky said:

Would it be ok if I did that to you? ;)
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023
    And the answer is No.  Irrespective or relationship status or non-verbal communication, you would still be open to an accusation of sexual violence.  Other factors could be raised in your defence (and by the prosecution) but while they might put you at low risk of conviction they would not remove that risk completely.  A sleeping woman is deemed to have not given consent.
    What if they were not asleep just really, really drunk?
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Chalky said:
    And the answer is No.  Irrespective or relationship status or non-verbal communication, you would still be open to an accusation of sexual violence.  Other factors could be raised in your defence (and by the prosecution) but while they might put you at low risk of conviction they would not remove that risk completely.  A sleeping woman is deemed to have not given consent.
    Legally speaking, for the purpose of rape, if the complainant was asleep at the time they were penetrated there's an 'evidential presumption' that they didn't consent. That presumption can be rebutted, but the onus is on the defendant to do so. (See s.75 Sexual Offences Act 2003.)

Morally speaking, some people might be into that sort of thing. And if so, fine. There's no harm in it.

So like I said, the answer to your question is not a blanket 'no', but 'it depends'. If your female acquaintance had made it clear to you beforehand that she consented, it would be both legally and morally permissable to have sex with her while she slept.
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    I think this is fairly off topic 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 390
    edited August 2023
    Chalky said:
    ^^^And numerous movies where the guy kisses the girl in a moment of high emotion.
    Invariably followed by a slap across the face if her eyes and body language did not communicate consent beforehand.

Same with the question about making love in the morning: if the other partner wants it, there is bodily communication; consent does not have to be in words.
    Chalky said:
    Legally speaking, for the purpose of rape, if the complainant was asleep at the time they were penetrated there's an 'evidential presumption' that they didn't consent. That presumption can be rebutted, but the onus is on the defendant to do so. (See s.75 Sexual Offences Act 2003.)

Morally speaking, some people might be into that sort of thing. And if so, fine. There's no harm in it.

So like I said, the answer to your question is not a blanket 'no', but 'it depends'. If your female acquaintance had made it clear to you beforehand that she consented, it would be both legally and morally permissable to have sex with her while she slept.
    Not quite true.  See this for an exploration of the issue: 

https://publicdefenderservice.org.uk/news/is-advance-consent-to-sexual-activity-a-defence/
  • Chalky said:
    Chalky said:

Not quite true.  See this for an exploration of the issue: 

https://publicdefenderservice.org.uk/news/is-advance-consent-to-sexual-activity-a-defence/
    This is a topic I've studied and which it's my job to know.

Your article only states that the concept of 'advance consent' hasn't been thoroughly tested in the courts. The article doesn't cite any legal precedent or authority - besides some speculative commentary, which isn't binding - that sexual activity with a sleeping person can never be legal.

By listing 'the complainant was sleeping' in the s.75 evidential presumptions, Parliament obviously intended that the presumption of non-consent could be rebutted. Otherwise they'd have listed it in s.76 (conclusive presumptions).

Imagine a scenario where a person filmed a man having sex with his own sleeping wife and reported it to the police, resulting in the man being charged with rape. Imagine that both the man and his wife provided evidence of a prior agreement whereby the wife consented to sex while sleeping, and that the wife confirmed she'd consented in advance. It would be absurd then to suggest that the presumption of non-consent couldn't be rebutted, that the man had raped his wife, and that he should be convicted.
    Chalky said:
    You said she was awake. Make your mind up.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 10322
    GoFish said:
    Would it be ok if I did that to you?
    Chalky said:
    And the answer is No.  Irrespective or relationship status or 
    Woah @GoFish no sex with Chalky for you!
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    It doesn't really matter whether Hermoso was bothered by it or not.  What it really boils down to is that it was just wrong for a man who is not in a relationship with a woman to grab her face and plant his lips on hers. You can argue all you like about consent, her reaction afterwards, whatever....  it's largely irrelevant.

He behaved like an entitled dick.  The clip of him bouncing around grabbing his crotch whilst everyone around him is calm speaks volumes.

Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    edited August 2023
    Whole articles could be written on the psychology behind grabbing his crotch in the context of the occasion. It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sa-a-aad.

I may have to trick @Chalky into signing a waiver first.

Or wait for a moment of high emotion B

What do you say - is there a chance?
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8201
    GoFish said:

I may have to trick @Chalky into signing a waiver first.

Or wait for a moment of high emotion B

What do you say - is there a chance?
    I'll give you a quickie
    My V key is broken
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    goldtop said:
    Are we there yet?
    We're there.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66637879
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1786
    Good news - Guys a weirdo
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 16332
    Beyond parody...
    "Rubiales made a statement saying he had submitted his resignation to federation acting president Pedro Rocha.
    "I cannot continue my work," Rubiales said on 'Piers Morgan Uncensored'.
  • TanninTannin Frets: 4394
    I am not leaving.

There is no way you can make me go!

It wasn't my fault, it was that BAD WOMAN!

I'M GOING TO SUE YOUR ARSE OFF!

NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! 

It's not me, it's the fake feminist wokeist lesbian sex deniers! 

YOU CAN"T MAKE ME QUIT!

I am more important than the players and coaches and judges and tribunals and everyone else. I'M THE BOSS!

AND I WON'T QUIT!

I don't care how bad I look, I LOOK GOOD!

AND MY MOTHER SAYS DON"T SACK ME, you can't criticise my mother!

I AM NOT LEAVING! NOT NOW, AND NOT EVER!

bye

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Not sure why he chose TalkTV / Piers Morgan to do his "vereee goo mai frennn" interview.
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 390
    What was Morgan's take on it?
  • Timcito said:
    Somehow 'wokeness' will have been to blame.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 23224
    Now, what can we organise to get Piers Moron to resign?
    Humans are destructive parasites that will destroy the celestial oasis of Earth.  The sooner Homo Sapiens are extinct, the better.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4001
    Timcito said:
    Somehow 'wokeness' will have been to blame.
    Haven't seen it, but that was the first thought that popped into my head too.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to