Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Ahsoka. - Off Topic Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Ahsoka.

What's Hot

Comments

• ^ Similar feelings here; while I'm feeling whelmed by the show, I hadn't registered that there's only one more episode to go. I can't see it ending with a satisfying conclusion/cliffhanger at this point but I'm happy to be corrected next week.

I'll sorely miss Baylan though, he's been the best part of this series imo. :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

• I'll sorely miss Baylan though, he's been the best part of this series imo. :(

I can't see them resolving his arc in any sort of satisfying way in one episode either, so I wonder if they'll need to recast for a future series...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5260

I'll sorely miss Baylan though, he's been the best part of this series imo. :(

I can't see them resolving his arc in any sort of satisfying way in one episode either, so I wonder if they'll need to recast for a future series...

Dominic Purcell has been mentioned as his replacement but it's unclear if that relates to Ahsoka, or the film that Ray was filming at the time he passed away, Cassino.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • DiscoStu said:
    Dominic Purcell has been mentioned as his replacement but it's unclear if that relates to Ahsoka, or the film that Ray was filming at the time he passed away, Cassino.

WIkipedia says he's taken over Stevenson's last film role.

He doesn't immediately strike me as a good fit for that role, but I'm not sure I'd have picked Ray Stevenson either, so what do I know? 

• My prediction of the next episode. Thrawn escapes, Ezra and co hitch a ride with the space Whales back. They arrive at a massive battle scene, between the new Republic and Thrawn (who gets caught as he lands) and then makes a quick escape into the outer Rim somewhere (maybe a previous base). Series ends. The republic gets a Bloody nose.
    Next season Thrawn gets defeated out of the ashes the new Order is born
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    They gotta kill Baylan, no?
  • I think there is a Filoni film planned around Thrawn to wrap together all the mando/boba/ahsoka story arcs.

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I think there is a Filoni film planned around Thrawn to wrap together all the mando/boba/ahsoka story arcs.

That's the plan as it stands. "The plan" has been up in the air a bit since Episode IX - several things have been cancelled and a few of the mooted plans have failed to materialise, so I don't think you can take it to the bank.

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    edited September 2023
    I've loved this series.

I've loved all of the new SW content, even the sequels. But parts of Mando, Andor and Ahsoka have been TOP TIER....like...never in my wildest dreams as a kid watching SW did I think that we'd see this expansion by Disney.

It is by far my favorite entertainment.

I went to Florida Disneyworld a few times as a kid, then as an adult, then a few times about 7-8 years ago when I'd finally sorted my career. I've STILL not been back for the new SW area and I can't wait to see it an experience it.

Predictions - I doubt they can wrap this up in one episode. It'll be a 50 min episode that'll lead to a cliffhanger. I hope so anyway as I want another series.

Baylan has been a true highlight of modern SW. What a shame Ray isn't here to see the reception he's getting. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3293
    I'd agree, Stevenson has been pitch-perfect at portraying a character with a subtler motivation than the usual Star Wars 1-D types. 
  • CrankyCranky Frets: 2109
    I've loved this series.

I've loved all of the new SW content, even the sequels. But parts of Mando, Andor and Ahsoka have been TOP TIER....like...never in my wildest dreams as a kid watching SW did I think that we'd see this expansion by Disney.

It is by far my favorite entertainment.

I went to Florida Disneyworld a few times as a kid, then as an adult, then a few times about 7-8 years ago when I'd finally sorted my career. I've STILL not been back for the new SW area and I can't wait to see it an experience it.

Predictions - I doubt they can wrap this up in one episode. It'll be a 50 min episode that'll lead to a cliffhanger. I hope so anyway as I want another series.

Baylan has been a true highlight of modern SW. What a shame Ray isn't here to see the reception he's getting. 
    Not sure if Florida has the same “Rise of the Resistance” ride as they have as LA, but if they do you won’t want to miss it.  And then enjoy watching all the kiddos playing with their new sabers, droids, and intergalactic pets.
  • So then, predictions for the final episode? Do they make the jump back to their galaxy? If so, who makes it? Anyone left on Planet Nightsister/Whale Graveyard? Any big deaths?
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    edited October 2023
    So then, predictions for the final episode? Do they make the jump back to their galaxy? If so, who makes it? Anyone left on Planet Nightsister/Whale Graveyard? Any big deaths?
    I predict we are going to end on a cliffhanger.

It's apparently 42 mins runtime after you deduct intro/credits.

I don't know how they would wrap it all up in 42 mins without a further series (although a lot will lead towards the Flloni film).

My predictions

A) Thrawn will return to the normal galaxy with his cargo/troopers...leaving the rest. Ahsoka etc will eventually get there with assistance from the giant space wales. It will end there...

B ) Thrawn will get stranded as the big hyperspace ring will get destroyed.

• sev112sev112 Frets: 2457
    Had a discussion at the weekend that the series is fun, but it’s a bit like Raiders of the Lost ark , in that it wouldn’t make a difference to the outcome if Ahsoka / Han Solo weren’t in it 

• sev112 said:
    Had a discussion at the weekend that the series is fun, but it’s a bit like Raiders of the Lost ark , in that it wouldn’t make a difference to the outcome if Ahsoka / Han Solo weren’t in it 

There's a very clear distinction between them, though - Raiders was a self-contained story, whereas Ahsoka is an intermediate step about moving characters around (and cleaning up some hanging threads) so they're all in place before whatever comes next.

Basically, the entirety of its point is to get Thrawn and Ezra back into the main galaxy as headline characters, with a side quest of solidifying the World Between Worlds into main canon.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 6976
    sev112 said:

There's a very clear distinction between them, though - Raiders was a self-contained story, whereas Ahsoka is an intermediate step about moving characters around (and cleaning up some hanging threads) so they're all in place before whatever comes next.

Basically, the entirety of its point is to get Thrawn and Ezra back into the main galaxy as headline characters, with a side quest of solidifying the World Between Worlds into main canon.
    They achieved those things but forgot to make it entertaining.

"Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • I’m finding the whole series incredibly boring.
     I couldn’t care less what happens to any of them.

What - not even the whales, the snails and the angry dog-horse ?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    I’m finding the whole series incredibly boring.
     I couldn’t care less what happens to any of them.
    Surely you care about the space whales? They’ve been badly done by, they just want to waz through hyperspace having fun.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    TimmyO said:
    sev112 said:

They achieved those things but forgot to make it entertaining.

Actually does that make the series an expensive, 8 episode ‘opening crawl’ ?
    "Congratulations on being officially the most right anyone has ever been about anything, ever." -- Noisepolluter knows the score
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    sev112 said:

Honestly the biggest difference is that I want to watch Raiders again...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Out of Ahsoka the only spin-off I want to see is "The adventures of Baylon and Horsie-dog"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Well, the finale was better than I’d expected. It left a lot to S02/follow-up film, but I think that was the right choice to be able to give this episode more space.

The series was pretty slow, and I can’t imagine appreciating it much without having the background of TCW or Rebels. I couldn’t break the sense that it all felt like a fairly generic SW video game though, it’s a very simplistic plot and I expect I’d have lost interest without Baylan or Thrawn’s presence to prop it all up.

5/10 for me.

Still, it was nice to see that rumours about the night-troopers proved to be somewhat true!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Yeah, just watched it - it's a lot quicker if you skip through all the "somebody looks at something" bits. Quite a few bits didn't make sense in the context of the universe (eg Ezra being less effective with a lightsaber than without for whole sections of fights, or even wearing that...uniform...at the end), but not terrible in terms of where it was left.

Most frustrating was the Mortis gods' reveal at the end, and the fact that we're not going to see the payoff with Baylan. And what's up with the Daughter not being there (and possibly never having been there)?

<space for hire>
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 24852
    I'm watching now. Haven't read the comments above but but something's been bugging me.

Why doesn't Ahsoka use one lightsaber to block the opponent, and use the other one to chop off their legs? 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I'm watching now. Haven't read the comments above but but something's been bugging me.

Why doesn't Ahsoka use one lightsaber to block the opponent, and use the other one to chop off their legs? 
    Well, see...this is one of those things that's always bugged me about the idea of a non-Force-user being able to defend themselves vs a Jedi at all - the very reason that Jedi/Sith/etc are the only ones who can really fight with swords in an era where blasters are a thing is that they don't just have great reactions, they have limited precognition. The better duellists are the ones who have the best skill with precognition - they know what the opponent is going to do next better than their opponent knows what they're going to do next, so it's really a battle of who can come up with the best strategy on the fly while effectively living a few seconds into the future. You can see this in the fight against Maul in the Episode I - Obi Wan gasps with horror about 3 seconds before Maul kills Qui Gon (also referred to in the "You must have the reactions of a Jedi" comment about Anakin in the pod races).

Based on that, you'd assume that she doesn't do that because it would be too obvious for a Force user to see. It does beg the question, though, as to how Morgan was able to survive for more against Ahsoka back in the episode of Mando where they were introduced; it shouldn't even have been close, and she should've been in pieces on the ground within seconds.
    <space for hire>
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    edited October 2023
    Yeah, just watched it - it's a lot quicker if you skip through all the "somebody looks at something" bits. Quite a few bits didn't make sense in the context of the universe (eg Ezra being less effective with a lightsaber than without for whole sections of fights, or even wearing that...uniform...at the end), but not terrible in terms of where it was left.

Most frustrating was the Mortis gods' reveal at the end, and the fact that we're not going to see the payoff with Baylan. And what's up with the Daughter not being there (and possibly never having been there)?
    The daughter used up her life force to bring Ahsoka back to life, her statue was broken/headless to the left of the other two.

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Just seen the last episode…. Bobbins.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Loved it, but then I’ve not watched the cartoons

Loved Ahsoka pulling two zombies towards her then cutting them both down
    Loved the Aksoka - Witch fight , and he green sword
    Loved Zombie troopers

still haven’t got a clue who Ezra is and why it is Important that 2 jedis get left behind for him?

and are you saying that the green sword witch was the same woman who Mando got the Beskar pole from ? (In the episodes where Aksoka was in it)
  • sev112 said:

still haven’t got a clue who Ezra is and why it is Important that 2 jedis get left behind for him?

and are you saying that the green sword witch was the same woman who Mando got the Beskar pole from ? (In the episodes where Ahsoka was in it)

Yes, that's the lady with the beskar spear.

Ezra was one of the main characters in Rebels along with Sabine (Ahsoka was more of a recurring guest role). Her relationship with Ezra was somewhat love-hate, then more will-they-won't-they, but the series ended with Ezra getting taken to Peridea just as he and Sabine were starting to like each other. Ezra is trained as a Jedi throughout Rebels by Kanan Jarrus, who dies near the end of the series. He's a better trained Jedi than Sabine currently is, but less so than Ahsoka. I'm not sure how he'll be important going forward, except that I expect he knows more about what Thrawn's been up to than he's let on so far.

The Stormtrooper uniform bit at the end is a Rebels callback- Ezra regularly spent time in disguise as a Stormtrooper for one reason or another.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter