Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Looks like Marshall have a new amp coming out this Friday - Amps Discussions on The Fretboard
UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Looks like Marshall have a new amp coming out this Friday

What's Hot
noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 721
edited July 2023 in Amps
Any ideas? Teaser photo in my Facebook feed shows something that looks like it could be a mini head, it’s also got a grille in the top so guessing valves are involved… 

I’m going to guess they’re jumping on the valve-amp-with-Two-Notes-built-in bandwagon.

Edit: been trying to find it again to screenshot it but it’s gone, and I can’t see anything on the Marshall website. I’m sure I didn’t imagine it…

This weekend would have been Jim Marshall’s 100th birthday (edit - no it wouldn’t, Father of Loud Day was back in April because we did the factory tour - d’oh) 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4080
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 721
    edited July 2023
    Vent shape and handle are similar to DSL series 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3238
    Studio JTM45?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Studio JTM45?
    So similar to a 2061X but with power reduction maybe? 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 8909
    Reissue of the original Valvestate 8080. ;)
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Reissue of the original Valvestate 8080. ;)
    JTM60 and JCM2000 reissues with 100% vintage accurate circuits 
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 5594
    Reissue of the original Valvestate 8080. ;)
    Yep, Oasis signature model!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1246
    It has piping channels and metal capped handles, so vintage flavoured and higher end. However the tolex looks smoother, like the Origin series
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 69426

I’m going to guess they’re jumping on the valve-amp-with-Two-Notes-built-in bandwagon.
    Hmmm... AKA 'how to combine two different types of unreliability and potential built-in obsolescence into one unit'.

noisepolluter said:

... although probably not as bad as that :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • ICBM said:

Hmmm... AKA 'how to combine two different types of unreliability and potential built-in obsolescence into one unit'.

noisepolluter said:

... although probably not as bad as that :).
    Back in the day I was going to Sound Control to buy a new JTM60 but was told it was no longer available as it had failed in the shop. So I bought a JCM2000, which developed a fault, as did the replacement. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • davrosdavros Frets: 1246
    SV20 for comparison. Seems to be the same size

This weekend would have been Jim Marshall’s 100th birthday (edit - no it wouldn’t, Father of Loud Day was back in April because we did the factory tour - d’oh) 
    Right first time - born 29 July 1923.

A JTM20 would be a more fitting 100th birthday celebration than another new DSL.

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 934
    A Class 5 with a master volume.
    And the controls in The Right Place.
    And a sensible circuit.
    And emulated HP out.
    And a 12" speaker.
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• kossofffankossofffan Frets: 506
    Whatever it is, it will be too loud for home use!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Flanging_FredFlanging_Fred Frets: 2871
    I think it will be frost free and have a compartment for cheese.
    11reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • NerineNerine Frets: 1659
    That’s probably the display case for some new headphones they’re releasing or something… 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2318
    I’m informed it’s a 20w JTM45……

….by people on the inter webs. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12286
    FarleyUK said:

Must be true, then. ;-)

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• SporkySporky Frets: 23802
    It's a valve Bluetooth speaker. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 363
    edited July 2023
    It’s a 20w JTM45.

Thomann leaked it last year & Chicago Music Exchange leaked it last week, with the spec list. Both pulled the listings.

There’s a thread about it on The Gear Page.

edited July 2023
    I can’t get the image to embed but hopefully the link works:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/itu8t5pqsrx8d17/Photo%2025-07-2023%2C%2009%2037%2017.jpg?dl=0

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Wonder how that’ll sound compared to the SV20? I could be tempted 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    FarleyUK said:

Forgive me if I am being really dense. Wasn’t the original 30watts? If it was, surely the ten watts reduction is really not worth the effort? 
    breadfan said:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/itu8t5pqsrx8d17/Photo%2025-07-2023%2C%2009%2037%2017.jpg?dl=0

Here you go:

(That looks awesome, if it's real.)

@Jonathangus Thanks for that!

It does, doesn’t it.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 69426

Forgive me if I am being really dense. Wasn’t the original 30watts? If it was, surely the ten watts reduction is really not worth the effort? 
    The original is fixed-bias and louder than you would expect for a rated clean power of 30W. Remember they were trying to make a 45W Bassman copy, hence the name.

The 20W series also have a 5W mode and an FX loop, although I don’t know if this one does.

It’s physically smaller than a JTM45 as well.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    ICBM said:

Also two independent heat sources with delicate computer circuitry
  • breadfan said:

Here you go:

(That looks awesome, if it's real.)
    I have a Dickinson D1 overdrive that I reckon would work really nicely with that 
    ICBM said:

The original is fixed-bias and louder than you would expect for a rated clean power of 30W. Remember they were trying to make a 45W Bassman copy, hence the name.

The 20W series also have a 5W mode and an FX loop, although I don’t know if this one does.

Is there actually any point to an FX loop in a non-MV amp?

• robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    ICBM said:

Is there actually any point to an FX loop in a non-MV amp?
    The 30 watt JTM45 is still pretty loud. I need an attenuator to use it in a rehearsal room
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter