Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fender Vintera II Leaked… inc Rosewood - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fender Vintera II Leaked… inc Rosewood

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    Whitecat said:
    I just saw that Peach one too before seeing this and thought exactly the same. 

See the weights are still up too..... that said, at least the rosewood looks quite nice. Prettier than the AVii stock which is really orange. 
    Yet the offsets are looking pretty good in the weight dept. Peach’s black Jag is 8 lbs 3 oz - they got a Custom Shop Jag in a week or two ago that’s 8 lb 12…

Their JMs are 8 3 and 8 5 I think, perfectly ok range for those in my book. 
    Jags are always heavy to be fair, and always have been. I suppose im a bit spoilt by the AV Jazzmasters of old, which were routinely under 8lbs, and often pretty significantly so. Seeing 8.5lb strats blows my mind though.
    Agree - Teles and Strats shouldn't be over 8 in a perfect world! Offsets I can grant a little more leeway since they are physically larger!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Liking the look of the 70s strat. Love a big headstock sometimes. Radius puts me off though. I'll have to wait for the modified version.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Liking the look of the 70s strat. Love a big headstock sometimes. Radius puts me off though. I'll have to wait for the modified version.
    Andertons claim the vintera modified line is gone, to push people towards player and player plus for more modern touches. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • swillerswiller Frets: 662
    another vid up... digging the 70s jag..

Dont worry, be silly.
  • RobG3294 said:
    https://www.peachguitars.com/fender-vintera-ii-60s-stratocaster-rosewood-lake-placid-blue.htm?opt=43988

The String Alignment on that... Lovely. MIM quality is as good as ever (sarcasm).
    That E is hanging off the board!
    I’ve seen the same on American Vintage II, it’s not just a MIM thing. It’s usually a quick fix.
    On that one the high E is just sitting far right on the saddle, and some of the other strings are skewing right, too. Nudge everything left and it'll be fine.
  • willowillo Frets: 240
    Gerz6558 said:
    Liking the look of the 70s strat. Love a big headstock sometimes. Radius puts me off though. I'll have to wait for the modified version.
    Andertons claim the vintera modified line is gone, to push people towards player and player plus for more modern touches. 
    And like that...woosh, the Baja Tele is no more (even in its Vintera 50s modified disguise)
  • Loving the look of a lot of these, want to try out the 60s Tele and 70s Mustang for sure. I will wait for the prices to hit sub-£900 though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • barnstorm said:
    RobG3294 said:
    https://www.peachguitars.com/fender-vintera-ii-60s-stratocaster-rosewood-lake-placid-blue.htm?opt=43988

The String Alignment on that... Lovely. MIM quality is as good as ever (sarcasm).
    I’ve seen the same on American Vintage II, it’s not just a MIM thing. It’s usually a quick fix.
    On that one the high E is just sitting far right on the saddle, and some of the other strings are skewing right, too. Nudge everything left and it'll be fine.
    I think most of us are aware of the neck re-alignment procedure here. Many that'll buy these, wont be. It's shit QC, I'm afraid. Don't deny the AVII has fallen below par too.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • 70s Comp Mustang in burgundy would be my pick… but alas, no matching headstock :(
  • 70s Comp Mustang in burgundy would be my pick… but alas, no matching headstock :(
    It also seems to be overly burst going from the picks. The originals don’t have anywhere near that severe a gradient into the centre. 
  • @GavRichList - the one’s I’ve seen vary a lot in-person, with some essentially being un-bursts, and others being more like these ones so I don’t think it’s entirely inaccurate.

I’ll probably just wait a little longer and try to pick a real one up next year or so!
  • @GavRichList - the one’s I’ve seen vary a lot in-person, with some essentially being un-bursts, and others being more like these ones so I don’t think it’s entirely inaccurate.

I’ll probably just wait a little longer and try to pick a real one up next year or so!
    I toured a 65 mustang for the most important years of my musical career so I have a soft spot… and I always wanted a comp. We’ll see. I couldn’t rule one out either. I like the orange one too. The burgundy would be my choice if I were to have the real thing, but it’s close… and id say the orange suits the new ones a little better. 
  • RobG3294 said:
    barnstorm said:
    RobG3294 said:

I think most of us are aware of the neck re-alignment procedure here. Many that'll buy these, wont be. It's shit QC, I'm afraid. Don't deny the AVII has fallen below par too.
    I'm saying I don't think you'd have to fiddle with the neck on that particular guitar to sort out the string alignment. I'm not on Fender's PR team…
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    This one from Peach, look at that nut, does it need just sliding back into shape or is it more serious? 

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    I saw this mentioned somewhere, maybe the Tele forum… I had a Google and the below came up but the page is now gone…

Not the first time that details of a new Fender series have been ‘accidentally’ leaked is it?
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • PennPenn Frets: 351
    I keep thinking about selling my Vintera Jaguar. I don’t really play it. Nothing wrong with it but I keep fancying buying a Trent… 
  • dindude said:
    This one from Peach, look at that nut, does it need just sliding back into shape or is it more serious? 

Doubt it's loose in the slot and can be shifted with finger pressure, if that's what you mean. Easy choice to leave that one on the wall and buy another.
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 8492
    I am tempted by the Nocaster, I know it’s just a Tele really but nice to see a more affordable Nocaster.  
    In what way is it more of a Nocaster than the previous 50s Vintera Tele?
    It doesn’t say Telecaster on it of course, and the colour, vintage radius and frets. The 50s Vinteras were blue and red. They did a 50s Modified black guard but it had Baja specs.
    If you’re going to call it a nocaster, at least get most of the specs right. 
    The cs have never been 100% accurate but these are cynical marketing at its finest. 
  • This Mustang chat reminds me I don't think I've ever played a proper one. I've played a bass one and the WRHB-styled-HH one they did around 2010, but never a SS model. Which is silly because I'm fairly sure i'd really like them
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • @stickyfiddle they are tiny, and yet supremely comfortable to play on. I genuinely love the singlecoil tones out of them too, less ice-picky than an equivalent strat.

Those HH* models (Mustang Special) were great and had a slightly more offset body than normal, but swapped the trem out for a hardtail bridge.

*the HBs had the WR-style offset 3x3 polepieces, but were standard HB sized.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    For those commenting that "the rosewood looks really nice" - do keep in mind that there is anecdotal evidence that Fender has been dying some of their rosewood for the past six or seven years at least... probably not all of it, but some. Search the ol' google for reports and evidence. I had an American Standard Tele that had a fretboard that was super anomalously dark and you could see that some of the dye appeared to have bled into the nut... I sold it before I was able to investigate much further, but it sure didn't seem "natural."
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Whitecat said:
    For those commenting that "the rosewood looks really nice" - do keep in mind that there is anecdotal evidence that Fender has been dying some of their rosewood for the past six or seven years at least... probably not all of it, but some. Search the ol' google for reports and evidence. I had an American Standard Tele that had a fretboard that was super anomalously dark and you could see that some of the dye appeared to have bled into the nut... I sold it before I was able to investigate much further, but it sure didn't seem "natural."
    I had an Isbell Tele, the board was dark all over when I got it, but after a few weeks you could see lighter streaks emerging. Still a nice guitar, but yeah it must have been dyed.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • This Mustang chat reminds me I don't think I've ever played a proper one. I've played a bass one and the WRHB-styled-HH one they did around 2010, but never a SS model. Which is silly because I'm fairly sure i'd really like them
    Yeah, same here. Never really been tempted to be honest, but for some reason it's the Mustang that's most appealing of this new range.

Great demo by my favourite YouTube demo guy....

• The Jazzmasters/Jaguars and Mustangs are pretty cool.

The JM pickups are just described as 'single coils'....but nothing about them being JM pickups, as in a different spec to a normal single coil you'd see on a say a Strat.
  • The Jazzmasters/Jaguars and Mustangs are pretty cool.

The JM pickups are just described as 'single coils'....but nothing about them being JM pickups, as in a different spec to a normal single coil you'd see on a say a Strat.
    I’m sure they will be JM pickups, they were on the last Vintera JM.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3782
    edited September 2023
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9107
    Thinking about pulling the trigger on a Vintera I 50s Strat so, consequently, am interested in finding out how the Vintera II differs. All I can find are ‘re-voiced’ pickups, and (possibly) a slightly modified neck profile. 

Re-voiced pickups sounds like a marketing ploy to me. The Vintera I pickups were supposed to have that authentic 50s tone weren’t they? Are Fender now admitting that they really weren’t that authentic after all? 

Same goes for the neck profile. There seems to be some talk about the Vintera II having a one-piece neck, but I haven’t managed to find out if the same is true of the Vintera I. Or what difference it makes.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    HAL9000 said:
    Same goes for the neck profile. There seems to be some talk about the Vintera II having a one-piece neck, but I haven’t managed to find out if the same is true of the Vintera I. Or what difference it makes.
    A 2-piece neck is more vintage-accurate for Gibsons, I think...