Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fender Vintera II Leaked… inc Rosewood - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fender Vintera II Leaked… inc Rosewood

What's Hot

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2022
    edited September 2023
    These appear to be, erm, appearing online now. 

There's a few on Reverb from various international sellers. Cheaper than I was expecting, some seem to be sub £1000. 

I wondered if they might be coming out soon- some decent reductions on existing Vinteras. Hopefully if these new ones are vaguely reasonably-priced it may lead to even better reductions on existing Vinteras, lol. 

EDIT: Ah I forgot about the VAT thing, nice spot @RobG3294 ;; If the prices are too high it might even push the prices of the older ones up!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • I guess we just need to wait and see what street prices will end up. If you shop around you can now pick up some of the American Vintage II models new for £1,699.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Was looking for something else and just noticed Merchant City / guitar.co.uk has some stock already. 

£1049 50s Tele and Strat
    £1099 60s P Bass
    £1149 50s Jazzmaster

Jazzmaster is nice – have always liked the look of hearing-aid and gold, although I'm not keen on the feel of an aluminium guard.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • willowillo Frets: 240
    So what's the difference between the Vintera I and II? New colours and rosewood? Any other meaningful differences?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    willo said:
    So what's the difference between the Vintera I and II? New colours and rosewood? Any other meaningful differences?
    Some new models too like the Bass VI and the Mustang bass…
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • willowillo Frets: 240
    Ah cool thanks @Whitecat ;
  • willo said:
    Well it's one louder, isn't it?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    I wonder when Fender are planning on actually announcing these. Good to see Rosewood back. I’ve had a Roadworn Strat and Tele in the last few years but the build wasn’t quite there for me. The pickups were pretty good though.

I just picked up an Ash bodied Classic Series Lacquer for around half of the new prices, it’s a lovely guitar.

https://i.imgur.com/Ra5VTDg.jpg

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Today could be the day. First video is up:

• Good old Don Carr. One of the good uns online.
  • I am tempted by the Nocaster, I know it’s just a Tele really but nice to see a more affordable Nocaster.  Wouldn’t mind a Desert Sand Jazzmaster too…
  • dindude said:
    I wonder when Fender are planning on actually announcing these. Good to see Rosewood back. I’ve had a Roadworn Strat and Tele in the last few years but the build wasn’t quite there for me. The pickups were pretty good though.

I just picked up an Ash bodied Classic Series Lacquer for around half of the new prices, it’s a lovely guitar.

https://i.imgur.com/Ra5VTDg.jpg

That’s really nice. My main guitar at the moment is a Classic 60s Tele, it’s a great guitar and it was a bargain.

• dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    I am tempted by the Nocaster, I know it’s just a Tele really but nice to see a more affordable Nocaster.  Wouldn’t mind a Desert Sand Jazzmaster too…
    Without an Ash body it’s a nope-caster for me. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • dindude said:
    I am tempted by the Nocaster, I know it’s just a Tele really but nice to see a more affordable Nocaster.  Wouldn’t mind a Desert Sand Jazzmaster too…
    Without an Ash body it’s a nope-caster for me. 
    I didn’t consider that… forgot about the ash situation. Would still give it a go.
  • I am tempted by the Nocaster, I know it’s just a Tele really but nice to see a more affordable Nocaster.  
    In what way is it more of a Nocaster than the previous 50s Vintera Tele?
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    edited September 2023
    I am tempted by the Nocaster, I know it’s just a Tele really but nice to see a more affordable Nocaster.  
    It doesn’t say Telecaster on it of course, and the colour, vintage radius and frets. The 50s Vinteras were blue and red. They did a 50s Modified black guard but it had Baja specs.
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2139
    edited September 2023
    The floodgates are about to open, I've just had an announcement e-mail from Peach, the first of many to hit my inbox today...
  • StefB said:
    The floodgates are about to open, I've just had an announcement e-mail from Peach, the first of many to hit my inbox today...
    Yeah, Andertons video now up…
  • Love how 'rosewood' is now a premium spec. Oh marketing!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • idiotwindowidiotwindow Frets: 1204
    edited September 2023
    I am tempted by the Nocaster, I know it’s just a Tele really but nice to see a more affordable Nocaster.  
    It doesn’t say Telecaster on it of course, and the colour, vintage radius and frets. The 50s Vinteras were blue and red. 
    Other than that, they are exactly the same. Perhaps I'm mixing it up with the previous generation but I thought Fender already did a fairly bog standard Mexican 50s Tele with a U shaped, vintage radius neck, etc. 
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 365
    edited September 2023
    https://www.peachguitars.com/fender-vintera-ii-60s-stratocaster-rosewood-lake-placid-blue.htm?opt=43988

The String Alignment on that... Lovely. MIM quality is as good as ever (sarcasm).
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Love how 'rosewood' is now a premium spec. Oh marketing!
    It's the "New Coke" of guitars... 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • Typical Andertons video. Never ceases to amaze me how clueless they are when it comes to the offsets.

They literally recycle the same old crap every time they demo one. I can only imagine these days how many they sell, and you'd presume they would take 10 mins out of their day to finally do some homework before they have to waffle on about them the next time.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RobG3294 said:
    https://www.peachguitars.com/fender-vintera-ii-60s-stratocaster-rosewood-lake-placid-blue.htm?opt=43988

The String Alignment on that... Lovely. MIM quality is as good as ever (sarcasm).
    That E is hanging off the board!
  • I just saw that Peach one too before seeing this and thought exactly the same. 

See the weights are still up too..... that said, at least the rosewood looks quite nice. Prettier than the AVii stock which is really orange. 
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    RobG3294 said:

I love how it looks like the e isn’t even remotely above the bridge pole piece 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    edited September 2023
    I just saw that Peach one too before seeing this and thought exactly the same. 

See the weights are still up too..... that said, at least the rosewood looks quite nice. Prettier than the AVii stock which is really orange. 
    Yet the offsets are looking pretty good in the weight dept. Peach’s black Jag is 8 lbs 3 oz - they got a Custom Shop Jag in a week or two ago that’s 8 lb 12…

Their JMs are 8 3 and 8 5 I think, perfectly ok range for those in my book. 
  • Whitecat said:
    I just saw that Peach one too before seeing this and thought exactly the same. 

Yet the offsets are looking pretty good in the weight dept. Peach’s black Jag is 8 lbs 3 oz - they got a Custom Shop Jag in a week or two ago that’s 8 lb 12…

Their JMs are 8 3 and 8 5 I think, perfectly ok range for those in my book. 
    Jags are always heavy to be fair, and always have been. I suppose im a bit spoilt by the AV Jazzmasters of old, which were routinely under 8lbs, and often pretty significantly so. Seeing 8.5lb strats blows my mind though.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    edited September 2023
    RobG3294 said:

I’ve seen the same on American Vintage II, it’s not just a MIM thing. It’s usually a quick fix.
  • With the exception of the decal, the Nocaster sunburst is exactly the same as the Vintera 1 Tele version.