Query failed: connection to localhost:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). Fender Vintera II Leaked… inc Rosewood - Guitar Discussions on The Fretboard

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

UNPLANNED DOWNTIME: 12th Oct 23:45

Fender Vintera II Leaked… inc Rosewood

What's Hot
chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
I saw this mentioned somewhere, maybe the Tele forum… I had a Google and the below came up but the page is now gone…

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8409
    I’m hoping vII has fret ends that aren’t razor sharpe and fingerboard edges that aren’t squarer than spondgebob 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • stonevibestonevibe Frets: 6677
    All here
    You can now read my guitar ramblings here http://www.gearnews.com and here https://guitarbomb.com 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 698
    Interested in the mustang when I saw these over on the offset guitar forum yesterday. The prices edging to a grand will no doubt put me off though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3543
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • willowillo Frets: 240
    Good. Hopefully it forces Epiphone's hand a little as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • RkphilpotRkphilpot Frets: 118
    I love the black Jazzmaster with maple neck
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2100
    Ohhhhh yes
    Jazzmaster in Desert Sand looks very nice…
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    The block inlay jag has the wrong fretboard for me, one day fender will get it right (is block inlay rosewood really that hard to do). Liking the look of the bass vi, although would be very interested to see the spec alongside the squier which I gather is already a pretty good purchase.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    What makes this different to the previous one, it looks like to be the same spec? 
  • euaneuan Frets: 1051
    If only one of them was left handed. 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 2811
    What makes this different to the previous one, it looks like to be the same spec? 
    Moved away from the dry pau ferro boards.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    There’s some “new” models too, 60s Thinline Tele, 50s Jazzmaster, 70s Jaguar, Bass VI above, etc
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12324
    Vintera Thinline? Oooooooooh.... 
  • chris78chris78 Frets: 8492
    Onto dry rosewood no doubt.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 20197
    Is the Tele Deluxe with Trem new?  That has some appeal.
  • RobG3294RobG3294 Frets: 365
    chris78 said:
    Fender hasn't sourced good rosewood for a fair old while. Good rosewood should have that waxy feel to it with a bit of oiling/conditioning. This new stuff feels coarse and dry even with a bit of treatment. Weird.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5078
    RobG3294 said:
    chris78 said:
    Fender hasn't sourced good rosewood for a fair old while. Good rosewood should have that waxy feel to it with a bit of oiling/conditioning. This new stuff feels coarse and dry even with a bit of treatment. Weird.
    They are dying some of it too… I had a USA Telecaster a couple years ago where you could see that some of the dye had bled onto the edges of the nut… it was abnormally dark compared to their usual stuff. Not sure how common that is today but it’s definitely something they’ve done. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 3696
    70s comp mustang please :+1: 
    70s comp mustang please :+1: 
    That one is hawt. I love the Mustang basses too - first ones they’ve done ones in a proper classic Mustang bass pickup config in a loooong time. 
    Philly_Q said:
    They’ve had MIJ versions of it off and on for a number of years…
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12324
    If the leaked prices of these are correct then... wow. €1400 for a Mexican Fender? Ouch. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 8909
    edited July 2023
    Nocaster instead of a 50s Tele looks interesting... but will it have an alder body instead of ash?
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5820
    So. That's 1k for a mex fender, utter madness. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Twitter
    Nocaster instead of a 50s Tele looks interesting... but will it have an alder body instead of ash?
    Yep.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1790
    So. That's 1k for a mex fender, utter madness. 
    Makes my v1 Vintera in the classifieds sound like a real bargain. Maybe I should pull it and relist it later 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10231
    Whitecat said:
    Philly_Q said:
    They’ve had MIJ versions of it off and on for a number of years…
    Yeah that looks great
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11229
    $1400...

Even the road worn series with nitro didn't cost that much and that was only recently.

Alder and Rosewood!

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1255
    You can get a luthier built guitar, more or less, for a similar price to a Mexican strat!
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4314
    You can get a luthier built guitar, more or less, for a similar price to a Mexican strat!

More or less being the crucial part of the sentence.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.